Thanks Meter: 1,837

Post Reply Email Thread
27th January 2013, 12:24 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 48

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ...Awesome...

Ah okay then just replace the zimage in the rom with the one from the kernel as well as the libs/modules or u will lose WiFi etc & Flash...
---_----------_------------

I do apologize I've personally never seen a rom come with a zimage before I've always seen it come already as a boot.img. so I apologize to the previous member I ranted about.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

I cant find any libs/modules in the kernel zip. There is only the zimage and gipo-keys.kl in system/usr/keylayout (and of course META-INF, but I think that isn't important).

27th January 2013, 12:27 PM |#22  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 409

More
Re: [FAQ] HELP THREAD - Noob Friendly
How do I report a thread to a mod to be closed??
27th January 2013, 12:33 PM |#23  
Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 7,305

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MF101

How do I report a thread to a mod to be closed??

Hit the triangle in the OP's thread and report it!

27th January 2013, 12:44 PM |#24  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 409

More
Quote:

Hit the triangle in the OP's thread and report it!

I am sorry....forgot to mention...from THE XDA APP
27th January 2013, 04:05 PM |#25  
Flag jacksonville,FL
Thanks Meter: 413

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ah okay then just replace the zimage in the rom with the one from the kernel as well as the libs/modules or u will lose WiFi etc & Flash...
---_----------_------------

I do apologize I've personally never seen a rom come with a zimage before I've always seen it come already as a boot.img. so I apologize to the previous member I ranted about.

he is looking at a samsung rom touch wiz and it uses zimage not the boot image like aosp roms do and you dont have to flash any other modules like wifi or lib files they are in the rom. the zimage is the kernel so just switching thoughs will work

so zimage from kernel zip file put in to rom.zip will do what he wants

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani1999

I cant find any libs/modules in the kernel zip. There is only the zimage and gipo-keys.kl in system/usr/keylayout (and of course META-INF, but I think that isn't important).

just swap zimage thats all and META-INF is used for the flashing process just leave it alone
The Following User Says Thank You to ttibbetts83 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ttibbetts83 Ad-Free
27th January 2013, 05:33 PM |#26  

Donate to Me
More
AW: [FAQ] HELP THREAD - Noob Friendly
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttibbetts83

he is looking at a samsung rom touch wiz and it uses zimage not the boot image like aosp roms do and you dont have to flash any other modules like wifi or lib files they are in the rom. the zimage is the kernel so just switching thoughs will work

so zimage from kernel zip file put in to rom.zip will do what he wants

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

just swap zimage thats all and META-INF is used for the flashing process just leave it alone

One more thing I am not yet clear about:

Do I have to copy the zimage from the kernel zip or from the extracted kernel and do I have place it in the working folder of the rom or in the rom zip (or does it not matter)?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
27th January 2013, 06:27 PM |#27  
Flag jacksonville,FL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

One more thing I am not yet clear about:

Do I have to copy the zimage from the kernel zip or from the extracted kernel and do I have place it in the working folder of the rom or in the rom zip (or does it not matter)?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

the easy way for would be to double click your kernel zip folder then double click your rom folder have them side by side and drag zimage from kernel zip in to rom zip and drop it when finished just close rom zip and flash now as for working folder im assuming your useing a kitchen whitch i would think it has a spot for kernel so if there is a spot with zimage i would say you shoild be able to change it there as well
The Following User Says Thank You to ttibbetts83 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ttibbetts83 Ad-Free
27th January 2013, 06:43 PM |#28  

Donate to Me
More
so do I now have to copy it to the working folder (i'm using dsixda kitchen) or do I have to copy it to the flashable zip of the rom?
and does it matter if I copy it before or after adding root permissions and busybox?
27th January 2013, 06:51 PM |#29  
Flag jacksonville,FL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

so do I now have to copy it to the working folder (i'm using dsixda kitchen) or do I have to copy it to the flashable zip of the rom?
and does it matter if I copy it before or after adding root permissions and busybox?

just copy it to the flashable zip
27th January 2013, 07:17 PM |#30  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttibbetts83

just copy it to the flashable zip

So I guess I can copy it after adding root permissions and busybox (corect me if I am wrong)....

Two more questions:

1. Do I still have to add CWM or is it included in zimage?

2. My rom is about 850Mb large. I've seen other XWLS8 roms and they are 400-550Mb large.
So are there any tricks to reduce the size of my rom?

I think those are all questions for now
27th January 2013, 08:06 PM |#31  
Flag jacksonville,FL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

So I guess I can copy it after adding root permissions and busybox (corect me if I am wrong)....

Two more questions:

1. Do I still have to add CWM or is it included in zimage?

2. My rom is about 850Mb large. I've seen other XWLS8 roms and they are 400-550Mb large.
So are there any tricks to reduce the size of my rom?

I think those are all questions for now

yes after

yes cwm is in zimage

if you want smaller rom you can remove the apks not needed or the ones you do not need/use wallpapers,samsung apps ect. that is what most do for smaller rom sizes you can remove any app aslong as it is not needed to run the rom
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)