15th December 2010, 12:21 PM |#3831  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
ammnya: latest update is from 12.12.2010. See post no. 3827

15th December 2010, 06:38 PM |#3832  
Flag Almada
Thanks Meter: 2

More
vibrates twice creates data file and doesn't boot!
Can any one tell me what I'm doing wrong? I've used xdandroid before, startup file and folder names look ok. I run haret, vibrates and it seems to freeze because the screen stays in the explorer. I pull out the battery and when I go check the memory card I see there a new data.img created.

I've tried build my own package, download complete package, but I've not been able to test the 2.2.1 release.

Does anyone have some tips?

Thanks!
15th December 2010, 08:06 PM |#3833  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,834

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampainho

Can any one tell me what I'm doing wrong? I've used xdandroid before, startup file and folder names look ok. I run haret, vibrates and it seems to freeze because the screen stays in the explorer. I pull out the battery and when I go check the memory card I see there a new data.img created.

I've tried build my own package, download complete package, but I've not been able to test the 2.2.1 release.

Well certain RHOD's had issues with kernels between October and the end of November. Not aware of any RAPH's that had that issue tho...

I'd venture to bet it's your startup.txt. Please post that within [ code ] braces.
15th December 2010, 10:49 PM |#3834  
Flag location! location!! (somewhere in the vast array of question marks)
Thanks Meter: 146

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampainho

(post trim)
(post trim)

Not 100% as I don't have the same device as you. Have you checked THIS thread yet?
16th December 2010, 01:54 AM |#3835  
Flag physically: ap0pka, FL mentally: Suva, Fiji
Thanks Meter: 624

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamminzIS

using it with the FRG83 build here, on a RAPH110 and so far so good...

well, now I'm having some issues, went through the setup, synced gmail accounts... but now the google framework keeps forceclosing and messaging while I don't receive a FC message it opens, but then closes almost immediately back to the home screen... and doesn't show up in the "running programs" list...

I have some .apks in the android apps folder, should I remove those and do a fresh install, setup... load all stock apps, reboot a couple of times, then place the apps in the android apps folder? I hadn't seen anything about waiting to place apps in that folder until after setup and a few good resets... maybe it's something else?
16th December 2010, 04:25 AM |#3836  

More
Quote:

well, now I'm having some issues, went through the setup, synced gmail accounts... but now the google framework keeps forceclosing and messaging while I don't receive a FC message it opens, but then closes almost immediately back to the home screen... and doesn't show up in the "running programs" list...

I have some .apks in the android apps folder, should I remove those and do a fresh install, setup... load all stock apps, reboot a couple of times, then place the apps in the android apps folder? I hadn't seen anything about waiting to place apps in that folder until after setup and a few good resets... maybe it's something else?

I usually start out with a very standard install: no OC, no alternative folder (rel_path=andboot option) and start off very basic (no additional apps).
I'm REALLY liking the current build (FRX03). I haven't really tested WiFi but it really seems stable with the latest rootfs, zImage and modules (to date should be found HERE).
I always try to archive the current setup and save it to my computer before I format (fat32) the microSD. If you don't have a dedicated microSD, you might want to try to backup/move the data.img file first if you've made considerable changes and try it out again to see if it will fix itself.
16th December 2010, 05:01 AM |#3837  

Donate to Me
More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by R^7Z

I usually start out with a very standard install: no OC, no alternative folder (rel_path=andboot option) and start off very basic (no additional apps).
I'm REALLY liking the current build (FRX03). I haven't really tested WiFi but it really seems stable with the latest rootfs, zImage and modules (to date should be found HERE).
I always try to archive the current setup and save it to my computer before I format (fat32) the microSD. If you don't have a dedicated microSD, you might want to try to backup/move the data.img file first if you've made considerable changes and try it out again to see if it will fix itself.

well I'm actually using the FRG83 build (ext2 part), I do have dedicated SD, and I do back it up to hard disk before formatting, but also, using completely stock (for the FRG83 build) startup, not using "rel_path=" option or overclocking... only thing besides stock was the zImage/modules and the apps in the AndroidApps folder... I will trying doing a fresh install, with no apps and see if I can get it back to being "happy"...

I can't test WiFi, for some reason I can't get wifi to connect in WinMo... I know all my settings are correct, but it just won't connect, I've tried changing radio's and ril's to no effect... really frustrating... might have to try a diff base ROM to see if maybe it's the ROM (only thing I haven't tried yet, but haven't seen anyone complain about not being able to connect via wifi as of yet either)... thanks for all your tips kind sir, hope your holiday weeks are nice and cozy!
16th December 2010, 05:14 AM |#3838  

More
Quote:

well I'm actually using the FRG83 build (ext2 part), I do have dedicated SD, and I do back it up to hard disk before formatting, but also, using completely stock (for the FRG83 build) startup, not using "rel_path=" option or overclocking... only thing besides stock was the zImage/modules and the apps in the AndroidApps folder... I will trying doing a fresh install, with no apps and see if I can get it back to being "happy"...

I can't test WiFi, for some reason I can't get wifi to connect in WinMo... I know all my settings are correct, but it just won't connect, I've tried changing radio's and ril's to no effect... really frustrating... might have to try a diff base ROM to see if maybe it's the ROM (only thing I haven't tried yet, but haven't seen anyone complain about not being able to connect via wifi as of yet either)... thanks for all your tips kind sir, hope your holiday weeks are nice and cozy!

Ah, I dropped FRG83 build like a bad habit because it seemed too much to re-learn (a neopeek port/build I am assuming here) and I still don't know all the little nic-nacks about XDAndroid. At any rate, last time I tried WiFi, it was working with the little issue of not being able to re-enable immediately after disabling. Now, I'm currently charging my phone (in WinMo). Probably won't be able to test WiFi till this weekend with the latest zImage and modules...
16th December 2010, 05:35 AM |#3839  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by R^7Z

Ah, I dropped FRG83 build like a bad habit because it seemed too much to re-learn (a neopeek port/build I am assuming here) and I still don't know all the little nic-nacks about XDAndroid. At any rate, last time I tried WiFi, it was working with the little issue of not being able to re-enable immediately after disabling. Now, I'm currently charging my phone (in WinMo). Probably won't be able to test WiFi till this weekend with the latest zImage and modules...

well WiFi seems to work, (in android) it turns on, it "connects" but then it hangs at "getting IP from AP" and then restarts the connection process... (in windows) it just says "connecting..." for a while then it spits a message about not being able to connect... I've quadruple check both my AP and my phones settings and they all match... so I'm not sure what's going on with it... going to try a diff rom later tonight or tomorrow evening... see if that fixes it (test a hard reset first just to be sure)
16th December 2010, 06:10 AM |#3840  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Sense UI
Is there a port of the sense ui that you see on like the evo and others for froyo yet? I'm using 2.2.1 with the latest initrd, rootfs, and kernel on a raph100, I wanna be able to get the htc clock with weather and all that, which i've been told you can only use if you have sense ui.
16th December 2010, 06:57 AM |#3841  
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 8

More
No sense yet for 2.2, until someone rip's/port's one from a unit similar to ours. I have found a few on Market that are resembling Sense. One look's just like it (small fee) but say's it's NOT from HTC. Yeah right, SURE. LOL. Look's just like it, and SUPPOSEDLY came out for free, then removed per HTC request, and now back again as a small fee, and looking close to identical.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)