[ROM] MeDroid 4.0.3 CM9 V6.1 31/01/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

timbit123

Nov 9, 2010
Quebec
Using the lagfree CPU governor in the Performance menu gives me a notable boost in overall smoothness. Give it a go - it brings it a little bit closer to CM7 speeds - but don't expect anything as fast.

Another tip for people who find it a little sluggish is to set transition scaling (in Dev options) to 0.5x or off. Any processing lag is offset by faster transitions.

but by setting the governor to lagfree it bring the cpu at max frequency all the time. so this is decreasing the battery life

k3vink3vin

Apr 1, 2007
but by setting the governor to lagfree it bring the cpu at max frequency all the time. so this is decreasing the battery life
it does seem to use more battery than smartass but its doesn't keep the cpu at max frequency like the 'performance' governor

11) Lagfree:
Lagfree is similar to ondemand. Main difference is it's optimization to become more battery friendly. Frequency is gracefully decreased and increased, unlike ondemand which jumps to 100% too often. Lagfree does not skip any frequency step while scaling up or down. Remember that if there's a requirement for sudden burst of power, lagfree can not satisfy that since it has to raise cpu through each higher frequency step from current. Some users report that video playback using lagfree stutters a little.

quoted from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1369817

Reactions: timbit123
G

GuestK00105

Mine is running fine on smart ass v2 @Max 1075
No lag or hesitation
Apps open near instantly
App draw opens and closes smoooooth like butter.
ia2sd has made a massive difference.
People who think performance is not good may have slow SD card?

Sent from my Nexus One using xda premium

Last edited:

seventyfivein

Jun 13, 2010
I've been using this rom since p5 release. My colleague has nexus s with OTA ICS update. Can't see any difference at all in terms of speed or smoothness or features, apart from youtube standard quality playback. Some lagginess I believe is inherent to ICS at the moment. In fact, I feel I have a better deal with all the CM9 features thrown in.

Three cheers for the Medroid team !

samuaz

Jan 26, 2010
Tegucigalpa
Mine is running fine on smart ass v2 @Max 1075
No lag or hesitation
Apps open near instantly
App draw opens and closes smoooooth like butter.
ia2sd has made a massive difference.
People who think performance is not good may have slow SD card?

i have the original sd card, and the performance its good for me xD

G

GuestK00105

I heard SD cards slow down over time for some reason and the only way to speed them up again is a format.
Whether this is true I do not know

For the guys that say its slow

Do a full wipe EVERYTHING
Reformat SD card
Create 1GB ext4 partition with 4ext recovery
Install latest medroid
Reboot twice
Internal storage should show 1GB free if it doesn't your not using ia2sd

Happy days

Last edited:

cpm

Jan 12, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I did the above, but am using ext3 partition. Speed is excellent for me. Running with smartassv2 min=128 max=998. Using 32gb class 10 SD card.

The only issue I appear to be having is battery life. I have a hunch its when wifi is being used; but I haven't been using the ROM long enough to make any final conclusions. Testing with 3G today.

Fantastic ROM nonetheless :)

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

G

GuestK00105

I did the above, but am using ext3 partition. Speed is excellent for me. Running with smartassv2 min=128 max=998. Using 32gb class 10 SD card.

The only issue I appear to be having is battery life. I have a hunch its when wifi is being used; but I haven't been using the ROM long enough to make any final conclusions. Testing with 3G today.

Fantastic ROM nonetheless :)

I'm sure ia2sd only works with ext4?
Anyhow NV.

Last edited:

cpm

Jan 12, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Hmm, should I not be using ext3 then?

Half my 1GB internal is being used by installed apps, so I presume its working. But perhaps ext3 isn't officially supported?

Any advice?

G

GuestK00105

I'd ask timbit123 as ia2sd is his baby. I'm not a dev sorry just goin from what I've read...

timbit123

Nov 9, 2010
Quebec
Ahah.
Ia2sd working with ext 2,3,4
Anyway I think android mount all partition with ext2.
All partition are backward compatible and mounting with ext2 disable the journal capability, resulting to increase a bit the speed because anyway Android doesn't use the journal

Last edited:

dang025

Jan 8, 2011
hey I just saw in the other ics page that they seem to have a new 2.6 kernel with full hwa. Any chance of incorporating it into the next build?

Xialis

Mar 28, 2010
hey I just saw in the other ics page that they seem to have a new 2.6 kernel with full hwa. Any chance of incorporating it into the next build?

If you are talking about the one by Texasice, it's not ready. He release it for testing/debuging purpose only.

texasice said:
pre-pre-alpha-8
Massive update to kernel. Now built with proper ics opengl support
Only for serious testers!

Last edited:

Androidity3000

Aug 11, 2010
I've been using the LAGFREE governor and it seems to be working well. There is just very little noticeable performance upgrade where device wont stutter as much on heavy leading apps. Does seem to eat up the battery a bit more as it tends to use higher CPU frequencies. Anyway's, it's good news to know H.ACC is coming to N1 ICS soon!

Menelkir

Jul 30, 2010
Porto Alegre
menelkir.itroll.org
I've been using the LAGFREE governor and it seems to be working well. There is just very little noticeable performance upgrade where device wont stutter as much on heavy leading apps. Does seem to eat up the battery a bit more as it tends to use higher CPU frequencies. Anyway's, it's good news to know H.ACC is coming to N1 ICS soon!

Lagfree is slightly less aggressive than performance governor, since you're giving power to N1, you'll have a good performance. If battery isn't your problem, lagfree will be your best option. :p

But since I prefer a balance insted of forsaken my battery life, I recommend smartassV2. Also, you can tune (using setcpu or something else), for example, giving max1,1G if your battery <80%, down to max900Mhz when <60% and 500Mhz when <40% (its an example).

cpm

Jan 12, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
It appears that when I use wifi it results in extreme battery drain.

Using airplane mode and 3G seems to be about normal.

Anyone else notice this?

EDIT
Major battery drain appears to have occurred when I had wifi set to sleep in wifi Advanced settings. If I set wifi to stay on "Always" then the battery usage is back to normal. (This used to be an old issue in CM7 too as far as I can remember)

Perhaps this info might be helpful if anyone else experiences the above.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MeDroid ICS 4.0.3
    Compiled from CyanogenMod 9
    Build v6.1 (31-01-2012)

**** fuking wepay, fuking paypal

its sent me an email telling me that as I do not live in the united states could not receive donations, as I spend with paypal

so thank you very much for the intension of now I have no system to receive donations, paypal and wepay not work for me because I do not live in the united states, I have to find an alternative, if someone tells me no known

beauty OP by timbit123

Download Last version here : http://code.google.com/p/nexusone-medroid-ics/downloads/list

Please read carefully this post!
    Rom specifications on the second post.
    Changelogs are in the third post.

Requirements :
    1. You must have blackrose hboot, with resized partition (System/cache/data = 220/16/200).
    2. Full wipe if you come from another version.

Optional :
    1. Recommend an ext partition, compatible with ext/2/3/4.

Instructions :
    BlackRose Installation
    1. Installation instructions here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1270589
    2. Resize partition instructions in this youtube video http://youtu.be/b_D3shjrNq8

IA2SD Installation
    Coming from full wipe:
    IA2SD will be activated after the setup wizard and having rebooted.
    Coming from a2sd script / data2ext :
    You have nothing to do, the script will work without issue.
    for ia2sd+ NO need to do anything, the script will do everything automatically, in the second restart, activate the a2sd if you have ext partition (i recommend ext4) if you not have ext the script will do nothing, then you can see the space available in storage settings

IMPORTANT :
    1. your phone can reboot twice during installation of this script. don't worry about that!
    2. if you phone doesn't connect automatically to your network operator, please go under
    - System Settings
    - Click More... under Wireless & Networks
    - Mobile networks
    - Network operators
    - select your's
    3. if your is pausing or changing music by itself, go under setting in the music application
    - Select Shake & Flip action
    - you can now disable those option or change the sensivity

Credits and Acknowledgements
    Thank you very much to Wayland_ACE and rapmv78 for helpme with my compilation errors
    Thank you to rapmv78 for you egl mod and make camera working
    special Thanks to timbit123 for all help, for make this rom more fast, new ia2sd script, and their desire to improve this rom and help the community
    Thanks to texasice, for many of the fixes and features that today has the ics rom for the nexus one, also evervolv team, and all other developers who have made things work and make possible this rom, as well as the entire CyanogenMod 9 team.

my website: http://memoriandroid.com
    my github http://github.com/samuaz
    my twitter: @samuazcona and @memoriandroide
    my gmail : samuaz@gmail.com
    yes!! **** fuking wepay, fuking paypal

its sent me an email telling me that as I do not live in the united states could not receive donations, as I spend with paypal

so thank you very much for the intension of now I have no system to receive donations, paypal and wepay not work for me because I do not live in the united states, I have to find an alternative, if someone tells me no known

ROM SPECIFICATIONS

Applications :
    - all last google applications
    - last CyanogenMod Music player
    - last CyanogenMod Trebuchet Launcher
    - DSP Manager
    - File Manager
    - Rom Manager
    - Set CPU
    - Terminal Emulation
    - Titanium Backup
    - Torch
    - SuperUser

MODS :
    - Widgets in notification bar
    - kill apps (Hold back button one second) need to be activated in Developper menu in settings
    - Dialer T9
    - Sensor light settings
    - Facebook contact synchronisation
    - Trackball wakeup
    - Blue led for trackball

WHAT IS NOT WORKING:
    - Google applications can be unstable sometimes
    - There is no full hardware acceleration for now. (still can check youtube video (only in HD))
    - Tethering is not working from usb
    ATTENTION OMGOMG

V6

PS!!!! NEED FULL WIPE (why? because to much change in the system)
    instructions
    backup all apps!! with titanium backup no settings that mean all line with white text.
    NANDBACKUP
    full wipe recommend recovery 4ext (because its touch, beautiful and powerful for options)
    install MeDroid-v6.zip
    reboot.
    setup your account
    reboot. (now ia2sd will configure itself)
    restore from titanium
    reboot (i like to reboot okay :) (take no chance))
    ENJOY !?!? but before enjoying, give a lots of thanks to samuaz for framework update and all other configuration
    and I want some too :) for new and unique ia2sd, make calendar works, building this version for you when its now 3h20 and not giving up!

also guy, we made a google code that can manage tickets and have a wiki that I have to create more pages (but no idea which page make). I will be the support only for now the ia2sd script. Other question or need support please post it here, I will be there too to help.

Thanks for your support, big weekend and a lots of stress to deliver this version, hope you will enjoy ... i mean really because if not, ill cry :(

http://code.google.com/p/nexusone-medroid-ics/downloads

HAVE FUN!!!
    ok, guys please we are loosing the main topic of this thread.
    we are pleased to help you if you have issues.
    If you want to comments on this rom we can create a thread in the general section.
    For thanks there is a big button just for that and it's enough for us.

We are trying to do our best to provide a nice ICS version. We are making this rom for fun and share this to everybody. Also, we are not working full time on that because we have school and we are not making money on that.

Thank you for understanding that.

I'm trying to work on a wiki for most asked questions in our code.google site (downloads)
    but midterm exams are coming soon so free time is hard.
    I don't think Samuaz is a kernel dev, so someone needs to do the work for him. Texasice and his evervolv crew are working hard with getting full hardware acceleration to us. Not with a 3.0 linux kernel though, but with everything ported to the 2.6 one.

Its a right, im not kernel dev, when the kernel and hwa from people who are working on it is stable, i incorporate it in my builds, at this moment working in new and revamped build with much more options, features and customization....

Enviado desde mi Nexus One usando Tapatalk