Tf101 official 4.1 news

Search This thread

dakunclear

Jul 26, 2011
Calgary
ASUS Germany we must deny this clear. The colleagues from the Netherlands have made no statement about TF101/SL101 but merely confirms that the TF201/TF300/TF700 will get a jelly bean update. The converse, that no TF101/SL101 JB update will receive is incorrect and speculative. According to current knowledge, even users of older TF101/SL101 will enjoy an Android 4.1 update coming.

this comes from a comment made by asus germany on their facebook page so I figured i would share the news

Z1CkY

Jun 14, 2009
asus italy confirmed..no update 4.1.1 for tft101

asus_transformer_02.jpg

wm1

Jul 4, 2006
Topeka
www.twitter.com
Reporting

All of the reporting that was done specifically left off the TF101. It started with the Prime. I just put CM10 on mine because, unless Asus changes it's mind, I don't see us receiving JB any other way.

AladdinZ

Feb 1, 2012
Devil's Lair
But i really hope it does come, bought one for my wife a year ago, after the latest update it has been messy, doesnt wanna tinker with it since its not mine lol Its still on stock and unrooted. Currently the touchscreen also doesnt work while on charge. Been a complete mess.

nikola_proynov

Jul 15, 2011
Sofia
I think we won't see official JB build. That's why I am considering rooting my tablet and flashing some custom ROM though I am happy with official ASUS builds ( most of them ) so far. Maybe I am not that picky ;)

sbiriguda

Feb 3, 2011
L'Aquila
Just to add more confusion to the fray, Asus Germany told the press that the JB roll-out for TF101(G) and SL101 is scheduled for Q1 2013, while a tech support line operator of Asus Italy said that the TF101(G)/SL101 has reached EOL, so there will be no more updates except for critical security issues.

Quick recap:
  • Asus Italy: EOL
  • Asus Netherlands: no update to JB
  • Asus Germany: update to JB scheduled in Q1 2013

Mistic92

Dec 12, 2010
Warsaw
On their facebook page.
Use google translate :p

Mateusz Brzeźniak
Witam. Czy wiadoma jest data aktualizacji Transformera TF101 do Jelly Bean'a ? :)
26 września o 22:38

ASUS Polska Mateusz, nie posiadamy takich informacji, niestety :). Prosimy jednak o cierpliwość, wszystkie nasze urządzenia otrzymają aktualizację do JB. Miłego dnia!
Czwartek, 08:29

Dobry wieczór. Dzisiaj update do Jelly Bean dostał TF300, czy wiadomo kiedy Infinity dostanie swojego "żelka" ?
25 września o 22:51

ASUS Polska Witaj, w przypadku takich pytań jesteśmy zmuszeni prosić Klientów o cierpliwość. Powodem tej prośby jest fakt, że nie znamy dokładnych terminów aktualizacji poszczególnych urządzeń, niemniej zapewniamy, że wszystkie otrzymają update do JB 4.1.
26 września o 08:23

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ASUS Germany we must deny this clear. The colleagues from the Netherlands have made no statement about TF101/SL101 but merely confirms that the TF201/TF300/TF700 will get a jelly bean update. The converse, that no TF101/SL101 JB update will receive is incorrect and speculative. According to current knowledge, even users of older TF101/SL101 will enjoy an Android 4.1 update coming.

this comes from a comment made by asus germany on their facebook page so I figured i would share the news

I literarily just got off of the phone with them for the U.S. they said that it would be around Christmas... America U.S.A Asus Customer Support

Sent from my EPAD using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    Asus Poland wrote that every Transformer will get 4.1. But they dont know when.

So now we have 2 positive and 2 negative...

A perfect example where "the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing"...
    Personally I could give a rip whether my TF101 gets JB I don't really see any advantage over ICS How long has JB been out? How long did it take before it popped up here? I that amount of time some of you are saying Asus couldn't have whipped up JB for our TF101. I happen to think that notion is ludicrous.

You'll eat those words once you see how much JB improves performance/responsiveness on the same device compared to ICS.

After seeing the ICS -> JB improvements on my Galaxy Nexus, I couldn't get it fast enough on my TF101.

And now I'm quite happily running Team EOS 3 nightlies. Seriously: No need to wait on Asus for JB.
    My tablet is finally in the respectable state I expected it to be in when I first bought it and HC was all Asus had to offer.
    I had issues getting apps installed with 0.7.0 Then low and behold he gave us all a Christmas present. 0.8.0 Installed that and all is like butter. MMM butter with bacon. I've found faster connections over WiFi, but random reconnects with BT. Other then that it's a good ROM, and seems fairly stable. Except for Google Now which constantly closes upon opening it.

Try going into settings, language & input, voice search and disable hot word detection. A known problem with current Google Now on 4.2.1 JB.