[Q] Bricked Asus Transformer TF 101 B60

Search This thread
Apr 14, 2014
Portland Oregon USA
Hi all first off I'm sorry if this has been posted before but I'm having a problem unbricking an Asus transformer tf101 B60, I'll start with what's going on or not for that matter. lol

1. Boot to recovery is CWM-Based Recovery v5.5.0.4 roach-tf101-r2
2. will not see sd card / backup-restore= -2014-04-05.02.52.56 / no files found
3. Choose a zip = e: can't open /sdcard/update.zip
4.PC windows 7 pro 64 bit will not see the tablet when plugged into usb getting unrecognized device,force driver still getting yellow ding=device cannot start

if I plug in the usb and turn on the tablet windows does not even see that and unit sits on logo screen. and other screen the cold lynx boot that hangs there.
So in short I'm hitting a brick wall, windows won't see it, it won't see the SD card in recovery mode.
I've read in these posts how to fix this problem and have all the software / firmware you name it, but they all say almost the same thing, windows needs to see the device in order for any of these fixes to work, and thus is my wall I'm hitting.

Any help to find a solution to this problem would be oh so thankful to you all and call you Tablet Gods, this was a tablet given to me as a paper weight and I thought if it boots it can be fixed?

Thanks for your time and God like tablet knowledge.
Cheers.

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
Install the APX drivers (Universal Naked Drivers) and use the tool "Easyflasher" to flash TWRP recovery (Forget CWM) both from this link
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1688012

You might need to install the APX drivers manually using Device Manager

If you find that the PC still does not see the TF101, you might need a new cable

Apr 14, 2014
Portland Oregon USA
Driver Not Working

Install the APX drivers (Universal Naked Drivers) and use the tool "Easyflasher" to flash TWRP recovery (Forget CWM) both from this link

You might need to install the APX drivers manually using Device Manager

If you find that the PC still does not see the TF101, you might need a new cable

I booted the unit into recover mode and windows sees unknown device..Ok
Tried to install new naked driver and getting a splash saying not compatible with windows 64 bit, I tried this on a brand new windows 7 pro 32 bit laptop and got the same results. I do have a brand new usb cable for it thinking that the old one was faulty, tried adb again same thing no device found, are there any commands in terminal emulator that can force the driver on the usb port? I'm thinking that if windows sees an unknown device then at least it sees something there just not whats there? Am i wrong in that somehow it's lost the usb firmware connection? so the driver will not install and if forced does not make the connection to the device? So this is my results.

So I'm ready to put gun in mouth over this, my laptops going to divorce me over driver abuse and the tablet mocks me with the frozen Asus logo.

Again Thanks for all the advice and i'll keep slugging it out.As this unit is in perfect condition outside of the Bricked part:eek:

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
You don't need to boot it into recovery mode to start with, just install the drivers normally first with the TF101 connected and booted normally

It's always going to say it can't find the device if the driver isn't installed

Focus on getting that APX driver installed and working, once you have that installed, Im pretty sure it will see the device fine

Apr 14, 2014
Portland Oregon USA
Asus TF101 B60 Softbrick? What Now?

Hello all.
I've been searching in vain for an answer to my Bricked Asus tf101? I'm just going to get right to the problem.
I can't get the tablet to be seen by windows 7 pro 64bit, Unknown device and yes I've tried everything, except asking if there's a way to force connection through a terminal like I've seen done with a router and a network switch to force a flash file so as to get at least a response after a reboot instead of just the Asus splash screen, here's a summary.

The Good.
1. I can boot to recovery CWM-based recovery v5.5.0.4 roach-tf101-r2 with menu's
Bad: Does not see sd card only see's internal and there's no file or folder error for backup/restore
2.Boots to screen with 2 icons data wipe and linix cold boot and goes nowhere from there just hangs.

So I'm stuck here, I have all to tools to do the job only if windows would see it, Adb does not see device which means the same thing no driver no fix,

Everywhere I read it says do this and that and it will restore to factory, that would be great if windows saw the thing, so I'm looking for a way to get the tablet to boot to something other than a loop. also tried the put the E101_SDUPDATE.zip in the root of the SD card and restart, does not see the card or file or both so it's not loading the file?

1. windows 7 not seeing device, will not take force drivers, Universal-Nvidia-Asus- MTP
2. recovery does not see sd card, so can't flash new anything?
3. So no communication from SD/USB
4. Is there a terminal command I can use to force a Blob or flash a recovery to the tablet when drivers and USB don't respond?

And to top that off my laptop filed for divorce for driver abuse..lol I'm not giving up.

Thanks to you all,

I want to thank you all for your time and advice it is very much appreciated, and I'll keep slugging away because I know there's a fix out there.
Cheers.

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
If you're building a 32bit Win 7 laptop, then no need for virtual machines, just use that laptop, this is the Easyflasher thread, you should only need to follow the couple of simple instructions once you have 32bit Win 7 running

Basically in a nutshell:

1) Plug in TF101 to PC and make sure ADB debugging is enabled in Dev options on TF
2) Drivers will/should fail to install
3) Open Device manager
4) Right click the ! missing driver
5) Update driver > Point to extracted Universal Naked Drivers from Easyflasher thread
6) Drivers should install

7) Leave TF plugged into PC
8) Power TF off
9) Hold Volume Up & Power until the PC sounds the USB connect sound
10) TF is now in APX mode (Nothing on TF screen yet) drivers should install, check Device Manager, if it doesn't install, point it to the extracted Universal drivers folder again until they are installed
11) Follow instructions to use Easyflasher

12) Done

Sicknote

Apr 18, 2008
If you're building a 32bit Win 7 laptop, then no need for virtual machines, just use that laptop, this is the Easyflasher thread, you should only need to follow the couple of simple instructions once you have 32bit Win 7 running

Basically in a nutshell:

1) Plug in TF101 to PC and make sure ADB debugging is enabled in Dev options on TF
2) Drivers will/should fail to install
3) Open Device manager
4) Right click the ! missing driver
5) Update driver > Point to extracted Universal Naked Drivers from Easyflasher thread
6) Drivers should install

7) Leave TF plugged into PC
8) Power TF off
9) Hold Volume Up & Power until the PC sounds the USB connect sound
10) TF is now in APX mode (Nothing on TF screen yet) drivers should install, check Device Manager, if it doesn't install, point it to the extracted Universal drivers folder again until they are installed
11) Follow instructions to use Easyflasher

12) Done

I am trying to get mine out of the reboot loop and cant seem to get it into APX mode to install the drivers.....any idea how go from here and have been trying step 9 above.
Will keep on trying to see if I can get it to work

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
I am trying to get mine out of the reboot loop and cant seem to get it into APX mode to install the drivers.....any idea how go from here and have been trying step 9 above.
Will keep on trying to see if I can get it to work

Need more info :)

What happens when you try to enter APX mode?

Which OS are you running on the PC?

Do the APX drivers install ?

etc etc etc ;)

Sicknote

Apr 18, 2008
Need more info :)

What happens when you try to enter APX mode?

Which OS are you running on the PC?

Do the APX drivers install ?

etc etc etc ;)

When i try to put it in APX mode, the screen goes black but pc does not see it. I have tried this bit lots of times and not sure if I'm missing something...
Have the drivers in a folder on my desk top. Have watched videos on YouTube but what i see is not happening when i try it...

OS is windows 7.

Drivers don't install.

barkeater

Aug 15, 2014
Buffalo NY
When i try to put it in APX mode, the screen goes black but pc does not see it. I have tried this bit lots of times and not sure if I'm missing something...
Have the drivers in a folder on my desk top. Have watched videos on YouTube but what i see is not happening when i try it...

OS is windows 7.

Drivers don't install.

You're not going to be able to put the tablet into APX mode till you get the drivers installed correctly.

With the tablet connected to the computer and the tablet on, download the naked driver package. open up device manager and right click on Other Devices - APX and chose update driver. Chose browse and then go to where you downloaded the naked driver package. If it complains that they aren't signed, click install anyway. If successful, you should now be able to put your tablet in APX mode.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Drivers need to be signed in 64bit windows, use 32bit Win 7 either on another machine or in VMWare or Virtualbox etc

Then the drivers should install