[01/04/08] Jaguar 4.0 Released

Search This thread

Pumpiron579

Feb 16, 2007
Goodyear, Az
www.4shared.com
He said his goodbye's as he had boughten a Moterola Q. You can add the HTC Home and also you can install a newer version of Live Messenger over this one.
Unless he keeps his Wizard and decides to keep up with developing his Roms, this will be his last.

Ryu13

Mar 16, 2007
G4 Wizard

hi,

i got a T mobile MDA vario and did a SIM unlock and loaded Hard SPL as well. Now i want to upgrade to jag 4.0 wm6 rom. can i go ahead without any issue? would it affect the IPL/SPL?

Thanks.

Ryu.

Automatic

Nov 28, 2007
wish me luck
I'm going to try making an updated version of this ROM for 6.1 with the same fixes and programs.

ak2k8

Mar 16, 2008
Wizard Bricked? What did I do wrong?

NTS, I was trying to get Jag 3.1 but its not available. So I got Jag 4 and it went all the way but my Wizard (Cingular 8125, G4) got bricked. I reverted to Stock ROM from Cingular but would love to have Jag 4. Any suggestions? The phone's unlocked, ran a util to remove CID. Any suggestions appreciated.

fhaines

Jul 4, 2007
Lebanon, Ohio
Great Rom!

I just wanted to give my 2 cents. This is by far the fastest wizard rom I have tried. No major flaws that I can find.
My thanks to all involved in making such a great rom for our Wizards!:)

Notorious_PDR

Apr 27, 2009
Georgetown
My Vote and simple review.

First let me say, I've read the thread and all the remarks, was a little skeptical about some of the things said - how "nottoosmart" focuses only on stability and not features - and hesitantly I downloaded and flashed this ROM to my phone. The following are my findings:

Phone:
Cingular 8125 (Wizard)
IPL/SPL 2.26
GSM 2.25.11
SIM/CID unlocked
ROM: Jaguar 4.0b

Installed extras:
CleanRAM 2.5 (http://www.htcaddicts.com)
wkTask 1.2.0.2 (http://soft.photoracer.net/docs/wktask_en.html)

These were my only additions to the ROM, since everything else that I use was already there.

Battery:
ROM flashed and phone completely charged at 03:10 HRS on April 28, 2011 and was removed from charger for battery usage test.
Usage:
4 hr. 32 min. 47 sec. - outgoing calls
2 hr. 12 min. 13 sec. - incoming calls
113 SMS sent
267 SMS received
CleanRAM runs every three (3) hours and does a Level 3 cleanup.
MSVoice reads all messages and announce all calls.
GPRS enabled and configured to auto.
2 hrs. 35 min. 00 sec. approximate Internet browsing
2 hrs. 45 min. 00 sec. approximate time playing Solitaire
0 hrs. 50 min. 00 sec. approximate time playing Tetris

BATTERY POWER reached low (10% remaining) at 08:56 HRS on April 29, 2011. Almost 30 HRS later.

Conclusion:
That question of "Which is the best ROM?", I think that Jaguar 4.0b should be the answer to all the people who don't mind a good quality ROM with most features that you will need and (SO FAR - 7 days after flashing) NO BUGS or ERRORS found! I would also like to recommend that anyone who needs a ROM for their Wizard to use this one.

I have tried over 40 ROMs in the past two years and by far, none have come close to this Jaguar ROM in "MY OPINION". Most other ROMs I haven't seen more than 7 HRS total time, in some cases with less usage than listed here.

The optional stuff that I would use, I can always download cabs and install myself. But by far, the best ROM since, and I've finally found one worth keeping. I can assure you that I won't be switching ROMs until "nottoosmart" comes out with a new version.

"nottoosmart" keep up the great work, and if there's anything I can do to help, don't hesitate to ask. I also have a T-Mobile Leo (1024), so if you have any ROMs for same that I can try, it would be much appreciated. You have a fan now!

Disclaimer:
The views and results expressed here and my own and in no way represents the views and results or opinions of any member on XDA. I have done my own usage test, which I have tried to reproduce exactly on this post to be used as a guide to people seeking a ROM to install.

jaffer707

Mar 11, 2009
Download Required

Unfortunately download has been removed from rapidshare and megaupload has been closed.....kindly any other source of download jaguar 4.0 rom....Thanks

Unfortunately download has been removed from rapidshare and megaupload has been closed.....kindly any other source of download jaguar 4.0 rom....Thanks

Unfortunately this ROM/Thread has been dead for a very long time. I do apologize but I no longer have the source or the time to try and recreate. I also no longer have the phone. I do apologize if any one was still needing this.