FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD] HDXPosed 1.3 : signature check, play store, downloads, wallpaper fix...

960 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,355

By Cpasjuste, Senior Member on 20th January 2014, 04:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th July 2015, 04:45 AM |#101  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 9,182

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montisaquadeis

I have a 16gb Apollo that I have not repartitioned to get more user space. Meaning I am very low on space as it sits with everything on the system.

After remove the broken play services all but a couple of google apps are useable. The broken google apps I don't use such as youtube or google play music.

If that works for you, great! Over time you'll probably find an increasing number of Google apps need the lastest Play Services. Post back if it becomes untenable. I understand the 16GB space constraint which probably rules out multiple roms (Safestrap slots).

16th July 2015, 04:57 AM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey126

If that works for you, great! Over time you'll probably find an increasing number of Google apps need the lastest Play Services. Post back if it becomes untenable. I understand the 16GB space constraint which probably rules out multiple roms (Safestrap slots).

Yeah I have yet to run into an app that won't run on on the kindle that doesn't require the play services. ePSXe still has no audio but now my MOGA Pro Power is not working with it but thats fine I can use the emulator via my Note 4 which is a big enough screen for it. Drastic on the phone is a bit of a pain since its a NDS emulator and basically requires Potrait mode on the phone which is a pain since I cant hold the phone in portrait mode using the Controller. While the larger screen on the Tablet helps big time for either landscape or portrait mode. Landscape on the phone for ePSXe works perfectly since its a single 4:3 screen. I can not get the MOGA working on the tablet via Mode A bit it works perfectly via Mode B aka HID mode which is perfect for emulator use.

I have no problem running Firefox on my tablet either which is my prefered browser for both desktop and mobile use. I can always sideload the browser if I have to remove GApps for some odd reason.

Also watching youtube on desktop/laptop is a much better experience for me compared to running it on mobile devices. Don't ask me why because I have no idea why it works better for me.

The apps I really need work fine without the play services installed. Jelly bean has not been a problem in running any of my apps. AKA I have yet to run into an app that will not run on Jellybean/fireOS 3 So I am set when it comes to my required apps for now. Heck even Flash Player works with Firefox perfectly fine for those video sites that require it.
3rd November 2015, 03:51 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpasjuste

Hi !

Here is an useful xposed module for our Kindle Fire HDX.

"HDXPosed" is a module for the xposed framework. With this module enabled you won't need to modify any files (services.odex, framework-res.apk) for our main HDX tweaks.

It will actually do the following :

• Disable signature check : allow any APK to be installed/replaced
  • DownloadManager fix : allow gmail, chrome and any other download to work
  • Content provider fix : allow play store downloads on stock DownloadManager
  • Wallpaper fix : use a wallpaper on alternates home screen
  • Prevent Amazon OTA updates

Installation :
  • Download and install the "Xposed Framework"
  • Download and install the "HDXPosed.apk" file below
  • Launch the "Xposed" application
  • Go to framework and click install
  • Go to modules and enable HDXPosed
  • Reboot

Source code :
Of course you can use and redistribute in any ways. Sources will follow.

Am I blind or the gapps download isn't included here? I'm rooted on 4.5.2 with xposed etc... twrp isn't a must for me, just playstore
3rd November 2015, 04:15 PM |#104  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovers82517

Am I blind or the gapps download isn't included here? I'm rooted on 4.5.2 with xposed etc... twrp isn't a must for me, just playstore

This module is obsolete; also would not work on 4.5.2. Nor will native TWRP as the bootloader remains locked with no available path to unlock. Best option is to install Safestrap v4 (a psudo twrp emulator) followed by the HDX Safestrap (not generic) versions for Nexus v4 or CM11. These get flashed to the stock slot overwriting FireOS. Recommend not attempting to create/populate secondary slots due to unresolved issues. Be sure to backup the stock slot from within Safestrap before overwriting stock. Leave a copy on device until the new rom is confirmed working as there is no way to externally connect to Safestrap. Everything you need must be placed on the device prior to entering SS recovery. You will find suitable gapps packages in the rom OPs. Follow instructions carefully to insure favorable outcomes. Caution: Never preform a native (Amazon) factory reset once Safestrap is installed as your device will brick with no ability to recover. Ask further questions as needed.

All the information you need is in the HDX development forum.

Edit: Cramming gapps in FireOS is a poor option as Amazon and Google frameworks do not happily coexist. You'll see threads suggesting this is possible...and it is. But problems await, especially when one or the other updates which increasingly common on the Google side as apps depend on more recent versions of Google Play Services. If you go this route you'll want to block auto-updates. Or just save yourself the hassle and install a different rom.
14th May 2016, 05:13 PM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
hdxposed for 4.5.5.1
is there possibly an hdxposed module that will work on 4.5.5.1? I have a new (used) hdx 7 running 4.5.5.1. I rooted with kingroot, installed xposed framework and the hdxposed module, then installed Apex launcher and Button Savior, I would like to use wallpapers on the apex launcher but that feature does not work....
14th May 2016, 05:45 PM |#106  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs24

is there possibly an hdxposed module that will work on 4.5.5.1? I have a new (used) hdx 7 running 4.5.5.1. I rooted with kingroot, installed xposed framework and the hdxposed module, then installed Apex launcher and Button Savior, I would like to use wallpapers on the apex launcher but that feature does not work....

Discontinued (and not recommended) for 18+ months. Would not be my first choice. What are the driving factors for remaining on FireOS v4? Apex works fine with the HDX builds of cm11 and Nexus v4.
14th May 2016, 06:29 PM |#107  

More
Quote:

Discontinued (and not recommended) for 18+ months. Would not be my first choice. What are the driving factors for remaining on FireOS v4? Apex works fine with the HDX builds of cm11 and Nexus v4.

I am afraid I will brick this new hdx by trying to install a custom rom with Safestrap 4. On my old hdx I was able to get the wallpapers to work with any launcher I wanted, but not on this one. Not a big problem, but my recollection was that the hdxposed module was the key to getting the wallpapers to work but maybe my memory is mistaken. The launchers work just fine but the wallpaper function does not.....
14th May 2016, 06:38 PM |#108  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:

I am afraid I will brick this new hdx by trying to install a custom rom with Safestrap 4. On my old hdx I was able to get the wallpapers to work with any launcher I wanted, but not on this one. Not a big problem, but my recollection was that the hdxposed module was the key to getting the wallpapers to work but maybe my memory is mistaken. The launchers work just fine but the wallpaper function does not.....

Safestrap v4 bricks are uncommon if you follow instructions. Getting FireOS v4 to play nice with customizations is like trying to shape water. FireOS v5 is more accommodating but that is not and option for 3rd Gen devices. Either go with a custom rom or accept FireOS as-is.
14th May 2016, 08:54 PM |#109  

More
Quote:

Safestrap v4 bricks are uncommon if you follow instructions. Getting FireOS v4 to play nice with customizations is like trying to shape water. FireOS v5 is more accommodating but that is not and option for 3rd Gen devices. Either go with a custom rom or accept FireOS as-is.

I know you are right but the desire to tweak is so strong.......about the Nexus 7 rom, is this the correct rom: http://forum.xda-developers.com/kind...u84q-t3322931? And it can only be flashed in Stock rom slot, correct? I'm trying to put together a kind-of fail safe plan.....don't want to brick again......
14th May 2016, 09:36 PM |#110  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:

I know you are right but the desire to tweak is so strong.......about the Nexus 7 rom, is this the correct rom: http://forum.xda-developers.com/kind...u84q-t3322931? And it can only be flashed in Stock rom slot, correct? I'm trying to put together a kind-of fail safe plan.....don't want to brick again......

re: desire to tweak is so strong.
lol - I feel your 'pain'!

ROM link is correct. Look through posts in that thread and the one for Safestrap v4. Then (if desired) publish an brief outline of your plan. A contributor will comment if something appears amiss.
16th May 2016, 05:36 AM |#111  

More
Quote:

re: desire to tweak is so strong.
lol - I feel your 'pain'!

ROM link is correct. Look through posts in that thread and the one for Safestrap v4. Then (if desired) publish an brief outline of your plan. A contributor will comment if something appears amiss.

I decided not to go for the nexus rom for the time being, but instead got into a world of trouble just flashing the opengapps package with safestrap 4. Somehow, after a successful installation, all was working, but I noticed that my home and back etc softkeys were GONE. I installed Button Savior, but the home button would not take me anywhere. It became impossible to navigate, so I did a factory reset. That made things worse, because I could not complete the initial setup and the soft keys were still missing and there is no way to get back to home and no way to get to any apps. AND, (at this point I am laughing at my own stupidity) of course everything that i had had on the internal sd card was gone, so I could not install any rom at all unless I was able to put one on via usb cable. My laptop recognized the Fire, but the internal memory was not writable!! I could not move anything onto it. Totally screwed. I tried adb and device was recognized but when I tried to push file over I got some kind of error, like "not allowed" or something. I would like to return the fire to the marketplace seller (used device) because I already had reported to them that the wifi was very quirky, and they told me to try a factory reset but not to worry because I had 30 days to return it, but I would like to give them a device that would at least BOOT with working soft keys and of course I would like to get rid of safestrap before returning. So, to recap this sad sorry story, I am left with a kindle fire hdx 7 that boots to safestrap recovery or proceeds to normal boot , to the setup screens to select language and connect wifi etc., I also have access to status bar with settings etc but cannot move backwards or forward and eventually the unit just turns off. I have no idea what to do now. BTW, I have rooted and custom rommed every android phone and tablet and e-reader that I have ever owned, all the way back to my Nexus One phone, and never once bricked. Yet here I am, having destroyed both my old original hdx from 2013 and my new used 3rd generation hdx, within the span of one week. Any ideas on how to get this unit in shape to return it? Many thanks for even just reading this.......
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)