[ROM][07/18/11] Virtuous Sense v2.0.0 :: Enhanced & Optimized Stock ROM (2.42.405.2)

Search This thread

G1_enthusiast

Oct 11, 2009
this rom give me amazing standby battery time :) thanks i bought a 2000Mah battery from china hopefully it does what it was promise

PatrickHuey

May 27, 2010
Denton, Tx.
What can be expected in further patches and or updates? I'm not sure what else could be improved!
Also evil or rmk, is the latest market installed with thid rom? Or is there a later on that can be flashed that would work well? I looked in some other posts but I'm confused to if I have the latest one, and if its possible to flash another?

Also, maybe an addon for future updates: possibly include custimizable rosie keymapping for the home screen buttons? While I do know there is a way to install them, it would be brilliant to include them in the rom! Thanks fellas. A donation is on the way.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

mrbmg

Nov 14, 2010
Midlothian, TX
I don't know if I got a bad d/l or what, but everytime I load up 0.8.0 it goes into a bootloop. I've tried everything, I have it on my sdcard, and I've tried rom manager. Fresh wipe, cleared caches. Don't know what's up?

patoberli

Dec 1, 2010
You might have a broken download. Try to download it again and put in on the sd card and install it again.

mrbmg

Nov 14, 2010
Midlothian, TX
Alright, going to try this again, fresh wipe, then install fresh d/l.

Originally had 0.8.0 up and running, and I flashed the media patch to help the green screen and it seemed that is what caused everything to go nuts. Then every time I would start the phone, it would guarantee a bootloop, and everything would force close, in between the booting, and the htc screen.

Love this ROM though....

Thanks
BillY

eViL D:

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 14, 2006
What can be expected in further patches and or updates? I'm not sure what else could be improved!
Also evil or rmk, is the latest market installed with thid rom? Or is there a later on that can be flashed that would work well? I looked in some other posts but I'm confused to if I have the latest one, and if its possible to flash another?

Also, maybe an addon for future updates: possibly include custimizable rosie keymapping for the home screen buttons? While I do know there is a way to install them, it would be brilliant to include them in the rom! Thanks fellas. A donation is on the way.

New market is included in the update.

Reactions: squintzzhero

mbergh22

Oct 20, 2010
My notification led light is flashing but I have no notifications. It stops when I restart. Is there something else that causes it to flash?

kwalk316

Jan 29, 2008
Sacramento, CA
I downloaded the Virtuous 0.8.0 rom, extracted it to a folder, went into system/customize/MNS and took the default.xml file from there, opened it up with wordpad, scrolled all the way to the bottom of the document, second up from the bottom you'll find this below, now just change the text (I highlighted it in red) that says "HTC_DesireZ_A7272/1.0" to say "Nexusone",

<!-- MMS UA string -->
<module name="MMS">
<function name="ua_string">
<set name="single">
<item name="value">HTC_DesireZ_A7272/1.0</item>
</set>
</function>
</module>

when your done it should look like this, but not highlighted in red of course:

<!-- MMS UA string -->
<module name="MMS">
<function name="ua_string">
<set name="single">
<item name="value">Nexusone</item>
</set>
</function>
</module>

Now I saved this new default.xml file to my tools folder in my AndriodSDk folder, this can be diffrent for you, but you need to navigate to where ever it is you saved the (new)default.xml file at.

Next, boot into recovery and wipe, then reinstall a fresh copy of Virtuous 0.8.0. now stay in recovery and hook your phone up to the computer and open a Command prompt. Navigate where you saved the (new)default.xml file to, in my case AndriodSDK/tools, but yours can be diffrent.

Next open adb shell and type Code:

# mount /system
# cd /system/customize/MNS
# rm default.xml

then exit back to $ level and type Code:

$ adb push default.xml /system/customize/MNS/

Next reboot and setup just as you would any new rom, it wont work just by pasting the (new)default.xml file into the /system/customize/MNS folder. You need a fresh install so that you can go thru the complete start-up process again. Remember this will wipe your phone just like installing a new rom, so you can use something like titanium backup to restore apps and settings.

Credit goes to Disconn3ct & (gteye for the post) thanks

How do you get swype back after doing this?

gteye

Oct 26, 2010
Swype should be there by default if you use the above method.

The only time I didn't have swype after reboot is if I used the default.xml from the original thread instead of modifying the virtuous one like mentioned above, unless it was coincidence.

I'd try it again and let the phone sit there for a bit after first bootup.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

weTec

Dec 14, 2010
Could you pls help me to exchange the standard-battery symbole against "circle battery" or something like this, which shows battery state in percent?

djdant

Nov 18, 2007
Elk Grove, Ca
A new issue has arose for me, WiFi keeps shutting off & on and it's making the WiFi calling app act up also.

I'm not using any program that shuts off WiFi so it's not that.

pyro9219

Oct 26, 2007
A new issue has arose for me, WiFi keeps shutting off & on and it's making the WiFi calling app act up also.

I'm not using any program that shuts off WiFi so it's not that.

I leave the wifi calling feature enabled so it automatically defaults to that mode while home and at work.. I've not had any issues over wifi. Might be your install..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][07/18/11] Virtuous Sense v2.0.0 :: Enhanced & Optimized Stock ROM (2.42.405.2)

Virtuous Sense is a custom ROM for the HTC Vision series of phones (G2, DesireZ, etc). The goal is to provide a simple, Sense-based, mostly-stock ROM based on the official Desire-Z Sense ROM with essential bug fixes and only subtle enhancements. Virtuous started on the HTC Droid Incredible and is currently one of the most popular ROMs for that device. Virtuous for the Incredible has over 6000 users with an established reputation for stability; which we intend to continue for Vision users.

Features
    • Based off the official DesireZ Sense ROM (WWE 2.42.405.2), deodexed and zipaligned.

• Pre-rooted with the latest version of Superuser and modified ramdisk to allow adb remount, mock locations, etc.

• Wifi calling included and fully functional, conditionally installed for T-Mobile USA users only.
    • Optical trackpad unlock/wake.

• Enhanced reboot options built-in, allowing for booting into recovery, bootloader, hot boot, etc.

• Virtuous Sense custom kernel with overclocking daemon (no need for SetCPU/Tuner). Screen Off: 245760 / 599040 (conservative). Screen On: 245760 / 998400 (ondemand).

• IO optimizations such as use of ext4 for all mounts and larger read-ahead buffer for improved sdcard performance.

• Updated versions of all Market-available apps.

• All Market-installable apps installed in /data/app. These apps are automatically installed for you both on initial install and after a factory reset/wipe. There are custom scripts to use Android's package manager (pm) to manage these apps, which ensures they are installed properly.

• Added applications: ChromeToPhone, Google Voice and Titanium Backup. Since these are Market apps, they are automatically installed in /data/app for easy removal if desired.

• Bloatware, defined as anything you could easily choose to download from the Market yourself, has been removed.

• Disabled boot animation audio.

• Automatic Virtuous OTA upgrade notification and installation via ROM Manager.

Official Support Disclaimer

Users of this ROM are welcome and encouraged to assist one another in this thread. However, support from the development team will not be offered here. For that, please visit our official forums.
    Reserved for future use.
    I made a flashable version of the newest OTA (2.42.405.4). We have no idea what the changelog looks like, so don't expect anything too different. What this is:

- the 2.42.405.4 OTA patches merged into the 2.42.405.2 RUU.
    - rooted
    - deodexed
    - zipaligned
    - busybox added
    - init.d support added

Nothing else. No bloat removed, no custom kernel, no OC daemon, etc. Flash it via recovery (CWM/4EXT). It won't modify your radio or anything like that.

http://minus.com/lIsMOuefCcPeC

md5: A1DE1D5F6D549068CA47BE6EA0E0CE58

Please don't contact me for support. Feel free to base whatever you want on this.
    Version 0.8.0 is now available! Please note that a full wipe is required prior to installation, as the this is a completely new version of Sense.

This release represents a huge amount of work. We had to redo the entire ROM and ran into several complicated bugs. Quite honestly, the last bug was so frustrating we were about to give up. Fortunately we did not and are able to bring you the absolute latest version of Sense based on Android 2.2.1.

Enjoy!