Fastboot: Stuck at "waiting for device"

Search This thread

eschtak

Aug 28, 2012
Hi all,

today I wanted to install Andromadus in my Desire S. I have to do the whole thing and was looking forward to use http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2088385 for it. Sadly I am stuck at "waiting for device" when I am trying to get the TokenID via this tool.

So instead, I did the whole run as described on HTCdev. The following was done:
1. Installed Android SDK
2. Installed Google USB Driver
3. Installed HTCSync including HTC BMP USB Driver and HTC Driver Installer
4. Deinstalled (only!) HTC Sync
5. Activate USB Debugging (as suggested in some threads I have found)
6. Remove battery
7. Boot into Hboot
8. Select Fastboot
9. Connected Desire S via USB cabel (Fastboot USB in red visible)
10. Started cmd with adminstrator privileges
11. Executed "fastboot oem get_identifier_token"
12: *see Screenshot below*

I figure, that in the end I did exactly the same as hasoon2000's tool was and was stopped at the same point. I just wanted to make sure that it was not the tool that caused the troubles... I also tried different versions of fastboot.exe. The one provided by hasoon2000 and the one suggested on htcdev from the android-sdk_r13-windows.zip.

I do not have an idea how to go on. Does anyone know?
Just to add some specs:
- Desire S
- Android 4 RUU by HTC
- HBOOT 2.02.0002
- Windows 7 64Bit

Help anyone? :)

Cheers!

Last edited:

eschtak

Aug 28, 2012
Today, I had some more time to play around with my problem... and was able to get the TokenID. :D

Solution: Tried different USB ports. This works at my USB 2.0 port, the other was a 3.0.
I will go on now, hopefully, everything will work out fine.

eschtak

Aug 28, 2012
Everything worked out fine.
Thanks much for all the efforts people are doing to run such an awesome community! :)

SimonTS

Oct 23, 2011
Bristol
I didn't see this post when it first went up, but problems using USB v3 ports are fairly common and fairly well-known.

Reactions: FuzzyFone

eschtak

Aug 28, 2012
Well, since I started with all the CustomROM stuff three day ago, I did not know. And even after 80 views of this thread nobody told me.
But now I know. ;)

Another good thing about this: I pushed myself and tried everything by hand instead of using hasoon2000's tool. Thats great actually. Better than pressing some buttons. :)
No offence to hasoon2000's tool, that great, but sometimes duing such stuff on your own is more fun. Just like setting and building a Desktop PC on your own, istead of buying on in a store.

Reactions: StormShadowBK

afraaa

Aug 31, 2011
Isfahan
install PDAnet on your device .. follow procedure of installation carefully ( should be installed on both pc and phone ) and when it was installed .when u enter your bootloader your phone will be recognize by your pc and wait for device will gone .
the method tested by me and took me one month two years ago to find .. on my g nexus first try to unlock .

PDAnet isntall drivers and everything you need to use adB commands ... if it helped give me thanks and let me know by pm .

PDA links
http://junefabrics.com/android/downloadold.php

afraaa

Aug 31, 2011
Isfahan
i replied becuase sure there will be ppl visiting this QA thread . man this works for me every time . and specially wit windows 8 .

pay attention that u should boot phone to android and then install PDA last version and turn the debugging mode . and then it will ask on your phone that always alow this computer use pda on phone and u says yes . in nexus when u open bootloader on phone , phone will be recognize by windows ( green check icon in system try appear ) showing windows know your device in boot loader screen . then u can proceed with ADB command . maybe bootloader of htc is a hard ass one :) like LG phone that is pain in ass to unlock .

then when i finished . u should boot in bootloader . maybe its not working with HTC but sure works with nexus devices . it pity didnt worked for u . hope it help ppl who read this later . u should get a nexus 5 man :) . its cheap and amazing

Reactions: rabitan

XPMSU

Apr 16, 2014
i replied becuase sure there will be ppl visiting this QA thread . man this works for me every time . and specially wit windows 8 .

pay attention that u should boot phone to android and then install PDA last version and turn the debugging mode . and then it will ask on your phone that always alow this computer use pda on phone and u says yes . in nexus when u open bootloader on phone , phone will be recognize by windows ( green check icon in system try appear ) showing windows know your device in boot loader screen . then u can proceed with ADB command . maybe bootloader of htc is a hard ass one :) like LG phone that is pain in ass to unlock .

then when i finished . u should boot in bootloader . maybe its not working with HTC but sure works with nexus devices . it pity didnt worked for u . hope it help ppl who read this later . u should get a nexus 5 man :) . its cheap and amazing

WOW I cannot believe that this worked. I was seriously losing up, I tried thousands of ways posted on XDA and many other websites, none worked but the one that you posted here worked perfectly on my Xperia Mini. THANKS A LOT! You saved me a from a severe headache. Cheers

afraaa

Aug 31, 2011
Isfahan
WOW I cannot believe that this worked. I was seriously losing up, I tried thousands of ways posted on XDA and many other websites, none worked but the one that you posted here worked perfectly on my Xperia Mini. THANKS A LOT! You saved me a from a severe headache. Cheers

im glad it helped man i found this trick among 1000 comment on one of solution post :)) . i was searching for months to find it . glad u are happy . even on xda back the time couldn't help me . still doing this trick ,

Reactions: dreamville

dreamville

Mar 4, 2013

YOU SIR ARE A LEGEND!

I was going crazy as nothing worked when rooting my tablet. Spent 2 days trying to figure it out. I'm so glad you posted this even when the user above solved his own issue.

Thankssss

gt4steve

Apr 4, 2013
HTC Sync error = -1 ;(

install PDAnet on your device .. follow procedure of installation carefully ( should be installed on both pc and phone ) and when it was installed .when u enter your bootloader your phone will be recognize by your pc and wait for device will gone . ...the method tested by me and took me one month two years ago to find .. on my g nexus first try to unlock .
PDAnet isntall drivers and everything you need to use adB commands ... if it helped give me thanks and let me know by pm .
PDA links ...... snip
I was forced to try your solution proposal, but I could not get PdaNet to connect to via WiFi hotspot, USB or Bluetooth even though it recognised my xperia but failed to pair with it. ;(

Still no root for my xperia ;(

Gemini_Power

May 14, 2017
In case this is helpfull: I got the same issue on Windows 10 :
Desire S, HTC Sync Manage installed ("adb devices" is working), but not way to make work the "fastboot devices".

And I have only USB3.

And finaly I found one topic providing the solution for me: set a registry key...

Write the following in a .reg file:
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\usbflags\0BB40FF00100]
"SkipBOSDescriptorQuery"=hex:01,00,00,00

Launch regedit in administrator mode, import the reg file. Reboot, and that's all !!

Reactions: Darth Riker

catalinrcd

Jun 20, 2015
im glad it helped man i found this trick among 1000 comment on one of solution post :)) . i was searching for months to find it . glad u are happy . even on xda back the time couldn't help me . still doing this trick ,

So I installed PDA on windows 10 and on Phone apk.
No what ?
It makes connection between phone and computer. I already have this. If i type in ".\adb reboot bootloader" it will load bootloader. from there .\fastboot flash recovery recovery.img , it wont do anything Waiting for device.
PDa only works when you are in the Android OS,not Bootloader. It makes connection between the os's windows + Android.

WHat I am trying to do is install an update to my Asus Zenfone 3. I have TWRP it wont work with hat.I need stock rom. I have it. I cant install it,reason: waiting for device.
I did this many times, but its never easy,its always luck or God knows what.
What I do is, install stock recovery (not twrp). With stock recovery I install official updated ROM 8.01. and then get back TWRP. You need TWRP to flash SuperSu so you can have root.
I did this before with 7.0.1 .....now I cant get this stock recovery...waiting for device. It only listens to the first command,after it goes int Fastreovery or whatever it is...it wont go to the next command.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    install PDAnet on your device .. follow procedure of installation carefully ( should be installed on both pc and phone ) and when it was installed .when u enter your bootloader your phone will be recognize by your pc and wait for device will gone .
    the method tested by me and took me one month two years ago to find .. on my g nexus first try to unlock .

PDA links
    http://junefabrics.com/android/downloadold.php
    I didn't see this post when it first went up, but problems using USB v3 ports are fairly common and fairly well-known.
    Well, since I started with all the CustomROM stuff three day ago, I did not know. And even after 80 views of this thread nobody told me.
    But now I know. ;)

Another good thing about this: I pushed myself and tried everything by hand instead of using hasoon2000's tool. Thats great actually. Better than pressing some buttons. :)
    No offence to hasoon2000's tool, that great, but sometimes duing such stuff on your own is more fun. Just like setting and building a Desktop PC on your own, istead of buying on in a store.