Gen 2/3 TPTs to repartition and enable fastboot on vol+

Search This thread

Amphoras

Oct 15, 2011
amphoras.co.uk
These TPTs are for Gen 2 European Blades that either came as stock Gen 2 or were upgraded using the Windows Flasher method. Do not use any of these files on a Chinese Blade.

They should enable fastboot when powering on holding vol+ as well as repartitioning to give more space for /data. Gen 3 TPTs use a Gen 2 appsboot.mbn and splash.img. You can also use a Gen 3 TPT on a Gen 2 Blade to convert to Gen 3, and vice versa to convert to Gen 2.

Gen 2 custom: 160mb system, 2mb cache, 279 mb data, 0.1mb oem
MD5sum: 83624b0365216b8e97c13f55e7fdebab
Gen 2 custom b: 128mb system, 2mb cache, 311mb data, 0.1mb oem (probably too small for most people)
MD5sum: 7d73894ae1013d1bc65ff6dfbc1cc9d4
Gen 2 stock: 220mb system, 37.5mb cache, 162.5mb data, 21mb oem
MD5sum: 4e8d9c15ac2e640e805fcfdaa44b0579
Gen 3 custom: 160mb system, 2mb cache, 279 mb data, 0.1mb oem
MD5sum: 109695cfca6cd97d1e8e86a9642db8ae
Gen 3 stock: 220mb system, 37.5mb cache, 162.5mb data, 21mb oem
MD5sum: 57eb1d1d77cfb8f388215ea591a09c8e

How to install:

Copy the zip to the root of your sdcard and check the md5sum matches above.

Unzip the file to the root of your sdcard. You should end up with a folder called "image" with the image.bin file inside it.

Check the md5sum of the image.bin matches the md5 given in the nandroid.md5 file.

Turn your phone off. Once its off completely, turn it back on holding menu and vol+.

You should see green text on the screen, then once its finished it should boot into recovery. You may (or may not) see an error message just before this finishes. This happened when sm4tik tested it, but the TPT still worked fine. If I can find out why this is happening I'll try and fix it.

Once in recovery, do a factory reset then install your chosen rom. Remember to remove the image directory once you're finished to avoid reflashing the TPT by accident.

Warnings:

Make sure your phone is well charged before you start the TPT. Unplug it before you begin.
Check the md5sums while the file is on your sdcard, before and after unzipping.
There is always a chance a TPT will break your phone. Use these files at your own risk.
Remove the image directory when you're done to avoid reflashing by mistake.

Thanks to sm4tik for testing this, cpg for the hack to enable fastboot on vol+ and wbaw for help and advice.

Edit: Seems people are having problems with the Gen 3 TPTs, so removing links for now.

Last edited:

Amphoras

Oct 15, 2011
amphoras.co.uk
Thanks to sm4tik for testing this. It is now confirmed to enable fastboot on vol+ and repartition properly. You may get an error just before it finishes updating. This happened to sm4tik, but he reported that the TPT still worked ok. Partitions were changed to correct size and fastboot worked again.

jimwormold@gmail.com

May 12, 2011
Probably a stupid question, but after I've changed from my Gen2 160MB partition to the larger 220MB system partition, can I restore from a nandroid backup. I also have sd-ext partition on my sd card, which I use via S2E, is there anything I need to do to ensure that this will still work?

Regards

Jim

Last edited:

saaransh9

Jul 22, 2011
Probably a stupid question, but after I've changed from my Gen2 160MB partition to the larger 220MB system partition, can I restore from a nandroid backup. I also have sd-ext partition on my sd card, which I use via S2E, is there anything I need to do to ensure that this will still work?

Regards

Jim

U can do it till u have enough space on your system

Amphoras

Oct 15, 2011
amphoras.co.uk

Regards

Jim

You can do it as long as your old backups are small enough to fit in the new layout. System will be fine as you made it bigger, but data might be too small now. As you were using an ext partition it might be ok if most of the stuff was on that. You should be able to use the ext partition as before without having to do anything different.

yash_p90

Jan 2, 2012
San Jose
any idea how to partition the gen 2 chinese blade??

i am tired of searching for a method but everywhere they say "DO NOT FOLLOW THIS METHOD FOR CHINESE BLADE."

Amphoras

Oct 15, 2011
amphoras.co.uk
any idea how to partition the gen 2 chinese blade??

i am tired of searching for a method but everywhere they say "DO NOT FOLLOW THIS METHOD FOR CHINESE BLADE."

Someone posted one on modaco a while ago. I can't remember what thread it was in so you'll have to search for it. You would be better just using an apps2ext method if you need more space than trying to repartition, your system partition is already big enough for all the current roms.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    These TPTs are for Gen 2 European Blades that either came as stock Gen 2 or were upgraded using the Windows Flasher method. Do not use any of these files on a Chinese Blade.

They should enable fastboot when powering on holding vol+ as well as repartitioning to give more space for /data. Gen 3 TPTs use a Gen 2 appsboot.mbn and splash.img. You can also use a Gen 3 TPT on a Gen 2 Blade to convert to Gen 3, and vice versa to convert to Gen 2.

Gen 2 custom: 160mb system, 2mb cache, 279 mb data, 0.1mb oem
    MD5sum: 83624b0365216b8e97c13f55e7fdebab
    Gen 2 custom b: 128mb system, 2mb cache, 311mb data, 0.1mb oem (probably too small for most people)
    MD5sum: 7d73894ae1013d1bc65ff6dfbc1cc9d4
    Gen 2 stock: 220mb system, 37.5mb cache, 162.5mb data, 21mb oem
    MD5sum: 4e8d9c15ac2e640e805fcfdaa44b0579
    Gen 3 custom: 160mb system, 2mb cache, 279 mb data, 0.1mb oem
    MD5sum: 109695cfca6cd97d1e8e86a9642db8ae
    Gen 3 stock: 220mb system, 37.5mb cache, 162.5mb data, 21mb oem
    MD5sum: 57eb1d1d77cfb8f388215ea591a09c8e

How to install:

Copy the zip to the root of your sdcard and check the md5sum matches above.

Unzip the file to the root of your sdcard. You should end up with a folder called "image" with the image.bin file inside it.

Check the md5sum of the image.bin matches the md5 given in the nandroid.md5 file.

Turn your phone off. Once its off completely, turn it back on holding menu and vol+.

You should see green text on the screen, then once its finished it should boot into recovery. You may (or may not) see an error message just before this finishes. This happened when sm4tik tested it, but the TPT still worked fine. If I can find out why this is happening I'll try and fix it.

Once in recovery, do a factory reset then install your chosen rom. Remember to remove the image directory once you're finished to avoid reflashing the TPT by accident.

Warnings:

Make sure your phone is well charged before you start the TPT. Unplug it before you begin.
    Check the md5sums while the file is on your sdcard, before and after unzipping.
    There is always a chance a TPT will break your phone. Use these files at your own risk.
    Remove the image directory when you're done to avoid reflashing by mistake.

Thanks to sm4tik for testing this, cpg for the hack to enable fastboot on vol+ and wbaw for help and advice.

Edit: Seems people are having problems with the Gen 3 TPTs, so removing links for now.