Sony Ericsson’s MBW-150 Music Edition or any Bluetooth Watch paired with T-Mobile G1

Search This thread

jmdrizen

Sep 25, 2005
Kent, England
I'm looking at getting one of Sony's Bluetooth watches... I've seen the 150 music that I like, but was wondering does anyone have these with a G1? Do the two talk to each other??

Can I make use of the caller display, text message notification, call notification and call termination features of the phone???

Cheers!!!

moneytoo

Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2007
brouken.com
SE MBW currently doesn't work with Android. The LM technologies watches/bracelets work, but for caller id only (I haven't tried if it displays the name or the number only).

As soon as Google releases Bluetooth API, I will start working on an application that will make all the watches fully compatible.

Last edited:

jmdrizen

Sep 25, 2005
Kent, England
SE MBW currently doesn't work with Android. The LM technologies watches/bracelets work, but for caller id only (I haven't tried if it displays the name or the number only).

As soon Google release Bluetooth API, I will start working on an application that will make all the watches fully compatible.

Cheers MoneyToo,

Does the watch work at all? If callerdisplay doesn't work, will it vibrate with calls and/or show the number? Can I terminate calls, or get a warning for texts or if you're out of range of the phone?

Cheers!

moneytoo

Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2007
brouken.com
Sony Ericsson MBW - doesn't work at all (non standard connection)

LM Technologies watches - uses Headset profile so it works on every device - vibrates on incoming call and displays the phone number (or person's name if the device supports this feature). When there's an incoming call you can press a button to accept the call (no ignore call button). I haven't really tried that on Android but on most systems it doesn't work with text messages (only Sony Ericsson and maybe some others). Out of range notification works.

jmdrizen

Sep 25, 2005
Kent, England
Sony Ericsson MBW - doesn't work at all (non standard connection)

LM Technologies watches - uses Headset profile so it works on every device - vibrates on incoming call and displays the phone number (or person's name if the device supports this feature). When there's an incoming call you can press a button to accept the call (no ignore call button). I haven't really tried that on Android but on most systems it doesn't work with text messages (only Sony Ericsson and maybe some others). Out of range notification works.

That's a shame... was looking to get the Music one... guess there's no point with a G1 then... :-(

pphi

Oct 29, 2006
Does the new 1.5 SDK have the necessary bluetooth APIs for this project to get started?