[APP][Jun 17 2010][WWE] GPS Enabled Weather Radar. Version 2.5

Search This thread

avs777

Jun 5, 2009
Portland, OR
Version 2.5 now available!

There are two cabs one for WM Pro, another for WM Standard.
Make sure you install the correct one for your device.

*Note: This application utilizes data connection. Unlimited data plan is recommended.
*Note: This application relies on third party webservices that are subject to change without notice.

*Note: Radar and Satellite data is not available in all regions.

Features:
- Gets weather radar for current GPS location or using cell towers
(to get location using cell towers uncheck "Use GPS" in Settings)
- Ability to manually enter location (see post #327)
- Click anywhere on the map to move to that location
- Different zoom levels
- Animated radar loop
- Multiple resolutions (VGA,QVGA,WVGA,WQVGA) Portrait/Landscape/Square
- Integrates with Showaco TitaniumWeather 4.2 PlugIn​

System Requirements:
- WinMo 6 or higher
- .Net CF 3.5

Version History:
- Option to show/hide GPS details on radar/satellite location update.
- Shows frame postion when in a loop (as -+----, --+---, etc.).
- Other minor improvements and code clean up.
- Autoupdate radar based on set interval (5 - 60 min, Settings -> Misc -> Auto update interval) (see post #327).
. . Tap Update -> Auto Update, then
. . Update -> Radar - will refresh radar image for current location every n minutes.
. . . - or -
. . Update -> Location + Radar - will acquire new position and get radar image for it every n minutes.
- Ability to store/open custom urls. (opens in your default browser) (see post #344)
. . You can pass application parameters into the urls using custom tags (see Tips & Tricks below)
- Tap and move the map feature.
- Thanks to siddsm we now have Australia radar available in the app!
- Satellite loop is now available for Europe, Africa (15 minute increments) and Asia (30 minute increments).
- Faster update speed.
- Option to show radar/satellite legend.
- Other minor improvements.
- Speed and stability improvements.
- Other minor fixes.
- Added option to cancel radar update.
- Other minor fixes.
- Some minor fixes.
- Added a version for WM Standard (non touchscreen).
- Other minor enhancements.
- Fixed a bug where culture specific decimal formatting prevented GPS fix in Raw interface mode.
- Fixed a bug where in some cases radar image was 1 hour older than what the app showed.
- Webservice enhancements.
- Fixed a bug where culture specific decimal formatting did not allow correct Radar/Satellite image to be downloaded.
- Fixed reg file to import the GPS Radar to the Titanium Weather (thanks MysticGenius)
- Minor fixes
- New source of Map/Radar/Satellite data
- Support for more locations - USA, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia, Brazil, Atlantic Ocean, Indian Ocean
(126W,50N - 66W,24N; 57.4922W,57.4922N - 57.4922E,57.4922S; 57.4923E,59.7901N - 116.7913E,59.7901S)

See it in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJpS87Dxhno

Download:

Go to http://www.gps-weather-radar.com to download latest version.

Instructions:

Just download the cab and run it on the device. Go under programs and click the GPSWeatherRadar icon to run the app.

Tips & Tricks:

- Sometimes radar/satellite image may not be displayed due to ... lack of rain in your area :D lucky you!
Try zooming out to a wider area, it most likely rains somewhere else :p

- To integrate with Showaco TitaniumWeather 4.2 PlugIn import "GPS WR Tit Wthr Add On.reg" file located in Program Files\GPSWeatherRadar after installation.
Or use this cab http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=212657&d=1249440283 provided by climber1872000
- To back up settings make a copy of files lctn.xml and gwr.config located in Program Files\GPSWeatherRadar.

Custom URL tags:
#culture# - Current UI Culture (ex. "en-EN","ru-RU", etc.)
#region# - Region (ex. "NAM", "EUR"
#state# - State or province
#city# - City
#zip# - Postal code
#country# - Country
#animate# - Animate flag (1 or 0)
#lat# - Current Latitude as ##.############0
#lon# - Current Longitude as ###.############0
#geowidth# - Geowidth or Zoom level
#height# - Image height
#width# - Image width
#framecount# - Number of frames in a loop
#interval# - Loop interval

Screenshots:
GPSWR_1_2.jpg
GPSWR_7_8.jpg

GPSWR_3_4.jpg
GPSWR_5_6.jpg

GPSWR_9_10.jpg
GPSWR_11_12.jpg

GPSWR_13_14.jpg
GPSWR.gif

Enjoy!

Last edited:

p50kombi

Dec 20, 2005
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
International?

Cool app..
Been looking for something like this...
Only thing is, I don't think it supports radar images outside the USA, or does it?
I live in the UK, any chance of implementing UK radar images?

harvblain

Jun 25, 2007
Can't get it to work

On My Fuze. Even with the GPS running (GPS Test shows active) the program just keeps searching for the GPS signal and never seems to connect or find the satellites when I hit update location & radar.

Last edited:

RavenTBK

Feb 6, 2009
Apalachicola Natl Forest, FL
On My Fuze. Even with the GPS running (GPS Test shows active) the program just keeps searching for the GPS signal and never seems to connect or fine the satellites when I hit update location & radar.

Same deal here. Raphael 800 (TouchPro), CDMA (Sprint), NFSFAN 110 rom. GPS seems to search forever with no result. PSBTW, yes I did verify the com port setting/baud rate. ;)

Other than that, its an awesome idea. Would definitely fill a void in my arsenal. There are plenty of times in my travels I have no idea where I am, but have a need for knowing where the rain is in relation to me.

If there is anything I can do to assist with this application's development, let me know.

karatche

Dec 4, 2008
Cincinatti
www.conserv2000.com
On My Fuze. Even with the GPS running (GPS Test shows active) the program just keeps searching for the GPS signal and never seems to connect or fine the satellites when I hit update location & radar.

Bump this. The first time I started the program it found 3 sats, but cant find any now. GPS test showing 6 sats. Any ideas? I like the concept of the program.

BiggJurk

Dec 15, 2008
Great App, thanks! I have not been able to connect to satellites either but I am not convinced its the app yet. Also I put in my city, state, and zip but it seems depended on GPS, it would be cool to have the option.

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Great App, thanks! I have not been able to connect to satellites either but I am not convinced its the app yet. Also I put in my city, state, and zip but it seems depended on GPS, it would be cool to have the option.
I agree that there should be an option to choose whether to use GPS for location or not. Not having such a toggle really makes most of the Settings useless.

I've also been unable to get the GPS portion working. GPS Test gets a fix in seconds, but it took this app a few minutes just to show anything, but I still couldn't get a fix.

But I must say, I really like this idea. I actually combined this into my TitaniumWeather 4.2 cab so I can have it all installed at once :), replacing TitaniumRadar which was too difficult to use IMO.

Last edited:

avs777

Jun 5, 2009
Portland, OR
Cool app..
Been looking for something like this...
Only thing is, I don't think it supports radar images outside the USA, or does it?
I live in the UK, any chance of implementing UK radar images?

It's possible if there is a similar webservice available that provides radar data for Europe. However satellite views should work as is.

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Thanks for the feedback. That was the idea behind two options under Update menu. Looks like there is a bug.:confused:
Actually, now that you say that, it is working correctly. I just didn't understand what the options meant, I guess. That, and the first time I used it, the radar map seemed to stay in Oregon :confused:. But it appears to be working correctly now. Now, if only GPS location would work . . . (I have .NET CF3.5 cooked into my ROM, incidentally).

EDIT: You know why I thought it wasn't working right? I don't think the map always re-centers when you update based on Radar only. Or maybe it depends on what Zoom level is selected. I can see my selected city on the map, but it's not centered, at least not when I update in the 100 mile view.

Last edited:

avs777

Jun 5, 2009
Portland, OR
EDIT: You know why I thought it wasn't working right? I don't think the map always re-centers when you update based on Radar only. Or maybe it depends on what Zoom level is selected. I can see my selected city on the map, but it's not centered, at least not when I update in the 100 mile view.

This is probably due to last gps location saved in config file. If that's set to 0 it should recenter correctly. I'll have the option to edit it in the next version.

dwgibson

Nov 13, 2008
Rochester
I too have been looking for something like this for quite sometime....... I travel alot on the motorcycle and it would be nice to know where I am in relationship to what isa coming my way.......or better yet going the other dirrection :). If you need any help with this let me know......running AT&T Fuse and NATF 5.2 code..... Got as many as 4 satalites but really slow in finding them. Looking forward to next update!!!!

Hdstreetglide

Nov 5, 2007
Louisville, KY
It appears V 1.1 is working very well. I really like the new options. It took about 15 sec. to find 6 satallites inside and about 45 seconds to lock and give me a location. All appears well initially. Great job.:D

climber1872000

Oct 28, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Great APP!

I created a cab that will merge this app with the Showaco's Titanium weather panel. I love this app! Great work! :D

Attachments

• radarmerge.cab
    2.3 KB · Views: 3,652

smittyj26

May 9, 2008
Great program....can you make the radar loop to show where the storm is moving:D

Great Job!!!! Works great...

Last edited: