[TUT] [GUIDE] [HOW TO] [SHARE] Link2sd Extreme

Search This thread

ddikodroid

Jun 26, 2012
Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Bismillahirohmanirohim...

Hello guys, this is my first thread on XDA. I'll show you how to make your link2sd become extreme. I just share it. And please read carefully.

IF YOU'VE QUESTION, JUST POST YOUR QUESTION IN HERE AND I'LL ANSWER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

What's you need:
  • Link2sd Grab it here
  • Rooted device
  • Root Explorer or other file manager that have root access
  • sdext on your sdcard (ext2 or ext3 or ext4, it's up to you)
  • init.d support

How to:
  • Install Link2sd
  • Open link2sd
  • Choose your ext depend on your sdext
  • Restart your phone manually, not from link2sd
  • Go to Link2sd settings
  • uncheck all options
  • exit from link2sd
  • Open root explorer or other file manager that have root access
  • Go to /data/sdext2, delete all folder if exist
  • Go back to /data
  • Copy app, data, app-private, and dalvik-cache to /sdext2
  • Wait a moment
  • Go to /sdext2
  • Create link to app (Long press the folder, scroll down, and choose "Link to this folder")
  • Go back to /data, and choose create link
  • There is a warning, and choose YES
  • Repeat this to data, app-private, and dalvik-cache
  • After that, restart your phone twice, and look at internal storage.

If your phone become laggy, you don't move data, so you just need to copy 3 folder.

Sorry, I can't provide some screenshots and I hope you can catch what I mean.

Tested on My Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830 w/ CM10.1

Source 1
Source 2

Hit/Press "Thanks" Button If you like this post and rate this post :)

Last edited:

AngelusPT

Jan 6, 2013
so basicly what this does?oO
and you werent quite clear on your tutorial how to do it... seems a bit complicated...

Go to Settings
uncheck all options > settings, phone settings or link2sd settings?And wich settings are you refering -.-

Thanks for the info...I will try this on my S5830 with Jellaxy 10.1, I am having problem with Link2SD and free space in /data because only apps linked to /sdext have its dalvik-cache linked too.

UPDATE: I 've messed up my phone :D, but I had many applications already installed. I will try after a fresh install

Last edited:

sihung

Dec 12, 2012
Jakarta
I've try this trick. awesome, csn reduce my internal memori use extremely. But problem shown when I'm installed new app and linked it, it always got force close. Is there something wrong?

P.S. sorry for my bad english :D

Sent from my HS-E910 using xda app-developers app

R

rahulnandwani

Can I use this on S5830i???
And i already have 150 apps linked do can I use this???
But I don't wanna unlink or delete them

Sent from my GT-S5830i using xda premium

shivadow

Jan 26, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
What makes this "extreme" exactly?.. Links2SD is Links2SD and has been around for quite some time. It should work on all custom kernels without issues (won't work on stock roms). Fresh installs are the better choice as link2SD decides what is best for the app automatically.

There is another thread in the dev section which explains properly how to set this up.

Great app btw..

Reactions: ROMFlasherAce

chitkaran

Mar 8, 2011
I wonder what was the experience of the earlier users as they didnt mention the results/experience with this trick. I would try this and post the results by tomorrow probably

abhinavdhruwa

Apr 26, 2011
Works grt.. Thanks for the guide...Cheers !!:D :good:

Maybe you missed to include one step in the guide,

Step 6: while uncheking all options under Link2DS settings > under Native Apps2sd sttings..choose install location as internal..

Hope it helps !!

Last edited:

viking_kong

Jul 7, 2012
good job!

i'm using this now.works great!it is easy to do.but if you're new to android,you will be confuse with the tutorial.

to make things clear,if you ever heard of "app2sd" or "S2E",the idea is just the same.it is just manually mounting sdext2 as the default install location.we just just have to take advantage of the script created by the link2sd app.

this will work on stock or custom rom that has init.d.and you don't have to manually link apps using libk2sd app.the system will decide where to install.after you done this,link2sd app will be useless.

Chipmunk888

Mar 8, 2011
Where is that "init.d" be found?

And what particular root explorer app that has so called "linking" capability?

viking_kong

Jul 7, 2012
Where is that "init.d" be found?

And what particular root explorer app that has so called "linking" capability?

it's in system/etc/init.d.your rom should have init.d support.if your on stock rom,try the init.d enabler via terminal emulator,via cwm,or via app.i think you will have that option in root explorer if you have installed the link2sd.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bismillahirohmanirohim...

Hello guys, this is my first thread on XDA. I'll show you how to make your link2sd become extreme. I just share it. And please read carefully.

IF YOU'VE QUESTION, JUST POST YOUR QUESTION IN HERE AND I'LL ANSWER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

What's you need:
    • Link2sd Grab it here
    • Rooted device
    • Root Explorer or other file manager that have root access
    • sdext on your sdcard (ext2 or ext3 or ext4, it's up to you)
    • init.d support

How to:
    • Install Link2sd
    • Open link2sd
    • Choose your ext depend on your sdext
    • Restart your phone manually, not from link2sd
    • Go to Link2sd settings
    • uncheck all options
    • exit from link2sd
    • Open root explorer or other file manager that have root access
    • Go to /data/sdext2, delete all folder if exist
    • Go back to /data
    • Copy app, data, app-private, and dalvik-cache to /sdext2
    • Wait a moment
    • Go to /sdext2
    • Create link to app (Long press the folder, scroll down, and choose "Link to this folder")
    • Go back to /data, and choose create link
    • There is a warning, and choose YES
    • Repeat this to data, app-private, and dalvik-cache
    • After that, restart your phone twice, and look at internal storage.

If your phone become laggy, you don't move data, so you just need to copy 3 folder.

Sorry, I can't provide some screenshots and I hope you can catch what I mean.

Tested on My Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830 w/ CM10.1

Source 1
    Source 2

why do so much when you can just install cromod script
    no need to copy things from here and there like an idiot nor any use of any root manager or explorer
    and link to sd never completely link apps to ext partition that script does perfectly
    when i was using link2sd i observed that before installing any app if 120 mb on internal storage was available then after linking 118 mb was available ao i would recommend cromod script
    why do so much when you can just install cromod script
    no need to copy things from here and there like an idiot nor any use of any root manager or explorer
    and link to sd never completely link apps to ext partition that script does perfectly
    when i was using link2sd i observed that before installing any app if 120 mb on internal storage was available then after linking 118 mb was available ao i would recommend cromod script

This method with link2sd links apps and datas to the ext partition and this is the sense of this method. The normal link2sd doesn't link all files to the ext partition, this method do this

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda app-developers app
    Works grt.. Thanks for the guide...Cheers !!:D :good:

Maybe you missed to include one step in the guide,

Step 6: while uncheking all options under Link2DS settings > under Native Apps2sd sttings..choose install location as internal..

Hope it helps !!

What makes this "extreme" exactly?.. Links2SD is Links2SD and has been around for quite some time. It should work on all custom kernels without issues (won't work on stock roms). Fresh installs are the better choice as link2SD decides what is best for the app automatically.

There is another thread in the dev section which explains properly how to set this up.

Great app btw..