[HELP][COMPILING] Repo Sync, Source Code Size.?

Search This thread

OJ

Dec 31, 2011
Pune
Hello everyone, I am new to compiling and building roms.. I have learned and read many compiling guides for basic knowledge..
My problem is syncing repo and downloading source code takes a lot to download..like near about 20 GB..!
Is there any trick or any option to minimize the download size..Because, I dont have a good internet connection.! :(

Reactions: SuperUs8r

broodplank1337

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 24, 2011
Nijmegen
www.broodplank.net
Hello everyone, I am new to compiling and building roms.. I have learned and read many compiling guides for basic knowledge..
My problem is syncing repo and downloading source code takes a lot to download..like near about 20 GB..!
Is there any trick or any option to minimize the download size..Because, I dont have a good internet connection.! :(

Edit the manifest, look in .repo/manifest.xml, there for example remove the prebuilt toolchains that do not match your system. (for example remove all darwin entries if you are not using a Mac) This saves you like a GB or so. other then that there are not many things you can remove that make a difference, as git is already compressed by itself in the first place.

and the source is not 20gb.. it's more like 6-9gb and unpacked (checked out) like 20gb

It's just very big, and there is not much that can be done about it actually.

OJ

Dec 31, 2011
Pune
Edit the manifest, look in .repo/manifest.xml, there for example remove the prebuilt toolchains that do not match your system. (for example remove all darwin entries if you are not using a Mac) This saves you like a GB or so. other then that there are not many things you can remove that make a difference, as git is already compressed by itself in the first place.

and the source is not 20gb.. it's more like 6-9gb and unpacked (checked out) like 20gb

It's just very big, and there is not much that can be done about it actually.

Ohh ok.. Thanks.. I will try.

D

Deleted member 11268061

I am currently pulling the lineage os 15.1 repository and it is now over 26 GB so the source code is huge and you cannot change it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ohh ok.. Thanks.. I will try.

Plus, it's mainly going to be the first sync that's gonna use a lot of bandwidth/time/resources
    after this you just sync the changes..

have a look at @reddevil's tutorial here in xda university..
    shows you exactly what you need!