[HELP] My default browser

Search This thread

mrafi

Jan 4, 2014
Jakarta
Hey, please help me! I can't open my default browser. Anyone know how to fix it?

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: GalKill

a2441918

Inactive Recognized Developer / Senior Member
Jan 1, 2011
New York
Hey, please help me! I can't open my default browser. Anyone know how to fix it?

Is ur phone rooted? If so, extract the browser.apk from /system/app from any stock rom zip and rewrite it in ur system/app with appropriate permissions and reboot.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mrafi

Jan 4, 2014
Jakarta
Is ur phone rooted? If so, extract the browser.apk from /system/app from any stock rom zip and rewrite it in ur system/app with appropriate permissions and reboot.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Of course my phone is rooted and i can't browsing. I've installed firefox but still FC.

mrafi

Jan 4, 2014
Jakarta
Please help me i can't browsing on my phone

mrafi

Jan 4, 2014
Jakarta
Permissions of browser.apk?

Make sure it is rw-r-r.

Sent because I <3 Aerith :D

Yes, of course the permissions is rw-r--r--. But still Force Close and also if i use other browser like firefox, UC Browser, Dolphin, etc its Force Close too. Please help me :(

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
Yes, of course the permissions is rw-r--r--. But still Force Close and also if i use other browser like firefox, UC Browser, Dolphin, etc its Force Close too. Please help me :(

best thing to do is flash stock rom via odin and start again

you can also try just clearing data of your browser - but without knowing the real cause its too hard to know what is causing it

Reactions: mrafi

mrafi

Jan 4, 2014
Jakarta

you can also try just clearing data of your browser - but without knowing the real cause its too hard to know what is causing it

How about wipe data/factory reset, because i don't know how to flash stock rom via odin. I've tried to clearing data of my browser. But still can't browsing. Please help me :(

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
How about wipe data/factory reset, because i don't know how to flash stock rom via odin. I've tried to clearing data of my browser. But still can't browsing. Please help me :(

that will only work if there is no underlying cause/missing files conflicting/wrong files previously flashed

there are many guides to flashing via odin you can follow

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

Yes, i installing GLTools and then the default browser can't open (FC) and i use other app browser its same too. Please help me :(

ok then you are using wrong EGL libs most likely give me two secs and i'll provide a flashable zip for you

edit

flash the attachment in cwm with system mounted

Attachments

• EGL.zip
    791.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

mrafi

Jan 4, 2014
Jakarta
that will only work if there is no underlying cause/missing files conflicting/wrong files previously flashed

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

ok then you are using wrong EGL libs most likely give me two secs and i'll provide a flashable zip for you

edit

Thank you for the fast reply. I will try your instructions

mrafi

Jan 4, 2014
Jakarta

edit

Thank u for fast reply.
And how about wrong permission file. in my system/etc/ppp there was a files. the first file named ip-up-vpn (r-xr-xr-x) and the second file named ip-down-vpn the permissions is same like the first. maybe i wrong permissions or not? before i do flashing zip from you, i ask this. because maybe i wrong permissions.

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
Thank u for fast reply.
And how about wrong permission file. in my system/etc/ppp there was a files. the first file named ip-up-vpn (r-xr-xr-x) and the second file named ip-down-vpn the permissions is same like the first. maybe i wrong permissions or not? before i do flashing zip from you, i ask this. because maybe i wrong permissions.

they are correct

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
OMG i've tried your instructions, but still cannot browsing and FC. Please help :( :( :(

then that app has replaced or done something which I dont know what it has done

best thing to do is flash stock rom via odin
you can get the firmware from my firmware thread at the top of the 5360 dev section which also has links to guides

remember next time - if you flash or do anything to your phone make a nandroid backup first - you can then just restore your nandroid backup if anything goes wrong

mrafi

Jan 4, 2014
Jakarta
then that app has replaced or done something which I dont know what it has done

best thing to do is flash stock rom via odin
you can get the firmware from my firmware thread at the top of the 5360 dev section which also has links to guides

remember next time - if you flash or do anything to your phone make a nandroid backup first - you can then just restore your nandroid backup if anything goes wrong

Can you send me the link please.
Ya i always forget to backup first.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What rom are you use?
    Try to clean your browser data or flash via odin

did you recently flashed or do something with the phone......

Yes, i installing GLTools and then the default browser can't open (FC) and i use other app browser its same too. Please help me :(

edit