Jan 25, 2011
Download rar file with apk:

dump.ru/file/5037798
or
depositfiles.com/files/7sh8g638s

rar password: cea69e0419

sha1sum of apk: 80ff2925e12b8d3f2e9c0cabd5b294e6556b2e3f

Archangel one-click-root from the Archaism Team

This will give you temporary or permanent root on your Archos 101 - firmware 2.0.71

Archos are kind enough to provide a SDE firmware which can allow root access,
but involves some significant changes to the system and they say that they will
invalidate your warranty if you install it. This is a bit frightening for new owners.

Archangel solves this with a painless one-click-root which you can uninstall at any time.
It does not use the SDE developer firmware.

This was specifically designed for the Archos 101 with firmware 2.0.71 - it may work on
other Archos devices or firmwares, but has not been tested and is not recommended for them.

If you find this application useful, please donate to those great forums who have given
the android root community so much. Encourage them to keep up their great work. We are
fans of C-Skills Blog, XDA Developers and Modaco Forum.

When installed, this app will use approx 10mb of storage space. Don't run it if you don't
have that much spare.

Usage Instructions:

1) Make sure you have 10mb of space available on the internal storage
2) Make sure you are connected on Wifi
3) Run the Archangel app
4) Click to install SuperUser application
5) Click to get root!
6) Check everything is working correctly, try an app which needs root
7) Once you have root you can tick the "Permanent" root option to always have root.
8) Party Hard!

To turn off root, either just reboot, or turn off permanent root and reboot if you had
enabled it.

To uninstall, just uninstall like any other app. You may also want to use the menu item
to clean up before you uninstall.

You can create a script in /sdcard/sdcard/extraroot.sh and this will be executed as root
whenver you reboot, so you can use this to do any additional root functions you want.

Enjoy!

nam265

Aug 8, 2009
does this work?

anyone try yet?

I have A70 so i'm not sure if this will work for me

ohh a video demo would be nice

wdl1908

Dec 18, 2010
I think this is a scam "Permanent" root is not possible because the filesystem is a read-only filesystem. But I can be wrong.

I'll download this and try to inspect it.

jsperri

Nov 30, 2010
Well I haven't tried yet, but did a quick analysis on the APK:

Permissions on the APK does not seem to be too fishy:
Storage: modify/delete SD card contents
System tools: view and change WIFI state
and automatically start at boot

APK contains superuser, su and ls binaries.

Inciner8Fire

Aug 13, 2008
Green Bay
It Works

jsperri: I saw the same as you when I looked at it.

I did install it and it seems to be working. I was able to go su from the terminal and backup an app with Titanium Backup.

I can also confirm that if permanent root is checked this will still work after reboot. When I was looking at the app it looked like it plugged into the launcher process. So perhaps it is just starting just after android is loaded.

Although I have not verified, I suspect that /system is still read only because of squashfs.

wdl1908

Dec 18, 2010
What bothers me is first the dates within the apk are 29/2/2008 for all files.

Then the binaries su is a gzipped binary superuser is a gzipped superuser.apk BUT ls is not compressed.

Why do they need ls the ls of the ROM should work fine. I suspect a trojan but i'm not sure. I could be paranoid but a rar with passwords come on......

wdl1908

Dec 18, 2010
jsperri: I saw the same as you when I looked at it.

I did install it and it seems to be working. I was able to go su from the terminal and backup an app with Titanium Backup.

I can also confirm that if permanent root is checked this will still work after reboot. When I was looking at the app it looked like it plugged into the launcher process. So perhaps it is just starting just after android is loaded.

Although I have not verified, I suspect that /system is still read only because of squashfs.

So xdaAlan your first post and you claim it works and what proof you can give us? screenshots maybe.....

Last edited:

jsperri

Nov 30, 2010
I agree with extreme caution on files coming from the "wild" :) (my apologies to archaism1).

Permissions on the APK seems to be reasonably OK.
Like wdl1908 I was also puzzled about the files dates and the presence of ls binary.

Well, I'll run this Archangel beast on a resetted tablet and report here the results with proofs :)

wdl1908

Dec 18, 2010
The ls binary is definitely fishy I reexamined the rar file and the file dates for the readme.txt and the apk are 18/8/2009 whats up with that.......

wdl1908

Dec 18, 2010
I agree with extreme caution on files coming from the "wild" :) (my apologies to archaism1).

Permissions on the APK seems to be reasonably OK.
Like wdl1908 I was also puzzled about the files dates and the presence of ls binary.

Well, I'll run this Archangel beast on a resetted tablet and report here the results with proofs :)

Thxs jsperri I don't have a spare unit and don't really want to reset my unit.

jsperri

Nov 30, 2010
Does not seem to be doing much on my A32 test machine.
Just tested on my 70H, no root either ;(

What the application does is:
- install superuser apk
- does something while it says "please wait"
(ps on adb shell shows a
Code:
/tmp/ls 0x62c7a315 0x260de680
so ls may well be part of the exploit)

There is a checkbox "Permanent root" that probably just starts Archangel program on boot
(this is just my guess, based on the APK permission, and the fact there is little chance that the squashfs gets written)

Well, I'm pausing my investigation here, waiting for others feedback, hopefully positive.

There is a screenshot of the application here along with a comment from a user saying it worked on an Archos 70 IT.

Last edited:

toutiwai

Jan 11, 2011
hi,

i haven't been very careful about trojan risks, but i installed it on my 70it and it works!

how can i know if a trojan is instaled?

jsperri

Nov 30, 2010
hi,

i haven't been very careful about trojan risks, but i installed it on my 70it and it works!

how can i know if a trojan is instaled?

Was WIFI enabled ?
How long does it take after the button says "Please wait" ?
What's next step on screen ?

Regarding the trojan risk, it's hard to say, you'd eventually want to run tcpdump to log for internet traffic on the tablet when the program is running. Also check if there are programs left (appart from Superuser) after uninstalling Archangel.

toutiwai

Jan 11, 2011
note: after install, i didn't asked to be "permanent root", but it launches "archangel" at startup anyway :confused: (but no root if i don't ask for)

wifi enabled: yes, enabled AND connected, if not it can't get "root"
how long? if wifi connected, say... 15-25 sec...
next step: nothing, the button "install root" changes in "i'm root" or something like this...
note: i had "superuser" already installed (but not rooted) before installing archangel, so it didn't asked me to install superuser

i'll try to be more precise next time if important...

Last edited:

jsperri

Nov 30, 2010
archaism1,

Can you please give us some details on Archangel program, how the exploit works, why is Wifi necessary ? It would be great to trust this new tool, but it's difficult without having more details on a program coming from a dump archive and not a very well know author...

This will give you temporary or permanent root on your Archos 101 - firmware 2.0.71
invalidate your warranty if you install it. This is a bit frightening for new owners.

Archangel solves this with a painless one-click-root which you can uninstall at any time. It does not use the SDE developer firmware.

jutley

Mar 23, 2006
UK
Will this work on my archos 43 Internet tablet ? Anyone brave to test and report.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download rar file with apk:

dump.ru/file/5037798
    or
    depositfiles.com/files/7sh8g638s

rar password: cea69e0419

sha1sum of apk: 80ff2925e12b8d3f2e9c0cabd5b294e6556b2e3f

Archangel solves this with a painless one-click-root which you can uninstall at any time.
    It does not use the SDE developer firmware.

This was specifically designed for the Archos 101 with firmware 2.0.71 - it may work on
    other Archos devices or firmwares, but has not been tested and is not recommended for them.

If you find this application useful, please donate to those great forums who have given
    the android root community so much. Encourage them to keep up their great work. We are
    fans of C-Skills Blog, XDA Developers and Modaco Forum.

When installed, this app will use approx 10mb of storage space. Don't run it if you don't
    have that much spare.

Usage Instructions:

1) Make sure you have 10mb of space available on the internal storage
    2) Make sure you are connected on Wifi
    3) Run the Archangel app
    4) Click to install SuperUser application
    5) Click to get root!
    6) Check everything is working correctly, try an app which needs root
    7) Once you have root you can tick the "Permanent" root option to always have root.
    8) Party Hard!

To turn off root, either just reboot, or turn off permanent root and reboot if you had
    enabled it.

To uninstall, just uninstall like any other app. You may also want to use the menu item
    to clean up before you uninstall.

You can create a script in /sdcard/sdcard/extraroot.sh and this will be executed as root
    whenver you reboot, so you can use this to do any additional root functions you want.

Enjoy!
    Ok People I give up.

There are a lot of people who tried to analyze the exploit to see if it's safe.

Then you get people who start discussing network infrastructure and think they know how a network works.

Then there is one that thinks a wifi connection is the same as a connection to the internet.

I tried to explain these things and in general tried to help out. BUT nobody seems to appreciate the help so I give up.

I you want to use it. Use it.
    If you don't want to use it then don't use it.

I don't care anymore.
    dump.ru/file/5041494
    or
    depositfiles.com/files/247x6gbwp

rar password: b223844a132

sha1sum of apk: 6a6cb89aa093a1d4671f5142fe156bcfc6535db4

Achaism Team bring you a quick update of Archangel, we added some extra info
    about working devices and firmwares which have been reported.

We also added some more options for the extraroot feature (see readme.txt)
    for advanced users.

This version has a few tweaks which may make it take a bit longer but should
    make it a little more reliable.

It also patches the vulnerability which it exploits and seals the system after.
    You'll probably be happy to hear that this method still works (well, at least for me) on 2.1.2 ;)
    Tested on Archos 70 IT.

I hope this eventually works with 2.1.02. They finally put in wifi n connectivity with the newest firmware, and I would love to have root on that firmware
    There is not much time for Q&A but here are some answers for some questions:

Someone said that they couldn't use archangel to block ads... Here is an example extraroot.sh script to do that:

make an extraroot.sh in linux text format (not dos/windows) like so:

--- cut here ---
    cat <<EOF >/tmp/hosts
    127.0.0.1 localhost
    127.0.0.1 pagead2.googlesyndication.com pagead.l.google.com googleads.g.doubleclick.net
    127.0.0.1 api.admob.com mm.admob.com r.admob.com mob.adwhirl.com cus.adwhirl.com met.adwhirl.com
    EOF
    mount --bind /tmp/hosts /etc/hosts
    --- cut here ---

There are many good mods which can safely be done in ways like this above. Nice forum people can post their recipes maybe?

Someone else asked about when they reboot their device and there is no wireless and they need root:

In this case perhaps use the deep sleep option instead of power off, if it is a huge problem for you to do this there are other more serious rooting methods like the SDE methods good people have worked on.

Someone else asked about the new patch/seal in archangel version 2:

This only applies until after reboot as archangel makes no changes which can not be reversed for the safety of your archos

A question from archaism:

Does this still work with firmware 2.1.03 ? Can anyone answer this? don't risk yourself to find the answer, but it would be nice to know.

There may be more updates in the future but do not get unhappy if there are not or questions remain not answered