[ROM][10-feb-13][PEN/WIFI][JellyBean/4.1.1] DextersJB

Search This thread

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
www.executivedecision.biz
I just tried Prime and it told me it required flash to run. Since I've had no luck getting flash to work reliably I'd say don't rely on it. I sideloaded the flash apk, tried firefox beta and the older version of dolphin, it just crashes too often to rely on.

Adobe's decision to discontinue support of Flash in JellyBean confounds me. I mean yes Flash is old and tired, but so is the gasoline engine. You don't just shut down all the gas stations.

HTML5 is a good standard and the future but no video streamer other than YouTube uses it. Since one of the main things people do on tablets is stream Netflix and Amazon Prime, why would you disable that?

Its almost as if the guys who thought getting rid of the Start Button in Windows 8 was a good idea took over the decision making process at Adobe. In the history of software has there every been a single software decision that 100% of all users everywhere HATE and yet they did it anyway?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

AidenM

Mar 10, 2011
and we still question why people love CM10 and the preview :angel:

btw,
location are already in place for /sdcard and /mnt/sdcard, nothing to change here.
both point to /storage/sdcard0 which is CM10 default and not so simple to change in the preview
Wait, so does this mean the sd card is now at /sdcard? I'm not quite understanding all these mounts and stuff.

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
Wait, so does this mean the sd card is now at /sdcard? I'm not quite understanding all these mounts and stuff.

yes its already found walking from /sdcard
which is a sym. link to /storage/sdcard0

but operating system reports EXTERNAL STORAGE as /storage/sdcard0 which many games listen to and do not like, which is a developers fault not how we change android OS, it should always be independent of that, only users need to learn where to look if needed.
here is kind of why: IF EXTERNAL_STORAGE != /mnt/sdcard goto ERROR :) stupid developers

if you do a

# ls -l /sdcard/*

you see all your files from the external sdcard already there.

AidenM

Mar 10, 2011
yes its already found walking from /sdcard
which is a sym. link to /storage/sdcard0

but operating system reports EXTERNAL STORAGE as /storage/sdcard0 which many games listen to and do not like, which is a developers fault not how we change android OS, it should always be independent of that, only users need to learn where to look if needed.
here is kind of why: IF EXTERNAL_STORAGE != /mnt/sdcard goto ERROR :) stupid developers

if you do a

# ls -l /sdcard/*

you see all your files from the external sdcard already there.
Alright thanks. I have a GPS app that downloads maps to external sd card. I'm not sure that would work but I will give it a try.

Thanks for bringing Jelly Bean to our device!

(I dont say JB cause thats the acro for Justin Bieber, lol)

jsimonson0

Oct 31, 2011
Bavaro, La Alta Gracia, RD
where is fastboot? is this not a HTC standard only?

I've only owned HTC-branded Android devices, so I'm not sure if it's HTC-only. But I can tell by how long the boot process takes that it's not totally rebooting when I power down. It's normally been in Setup/Power, but there is no Power submenu.

If it is an HTC-only standard, then loading the Sense launcher may be the way to get that back.

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
I've only owned HTC-branded Android devices, so I'm not sure if it's HTC-only. But I can tell by how long the boot process takes that it's not totally rebooting when I power down. It's normally been in Setup/Power, but there is no Power submenu.

If it is an HTC-only standard, then loading the Sense launcher may be the way to get that back.

you refer probably to the save-2-ram/hibernate option from HTC devices, this is not utilized in stock roms or CM.
but then i believe we are on the same track, and the other fastboot option mentioned is hboot related (as said)

jsimonson0

Oct 31, 2011
Bavaro, La Alta Gracia, RD
you refer probably to the save-2-ram/hibernate option from HTC devices, this is not utilized in stock roms or CM.
but then i believe we are on the same track, and the other fastboot option mentioned is hboot related (as said)

Alright, I'll reload and kick the tires again tonight when I get home. The build looks pretty good so far. I had some challenges getting TB to restore some apps, but having been around this once, I can get by easily again.

Is it on your radar to look into the hidden SSID situation, or is the recommendation to make SSIDs broadcast?

bishop1073

Aug 16, 2007
There is an special app in the drawler for that. You need to press the cyanogen Android (it will turn green) when your device is connected to the pc.

That doesn't seem to work. Haven't been able to pull of my device when connected to the PC since switching to this ROM. I also have no writing functionality with the pen using Quill.

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
That doesn't seem to work. Haven't been able to pull of my device when connected to the PC since switching to this ROM. I also have no writing functionality with the pen using Quill.

1. if you did not allow root for the usbstorage toggle app, it will not work. so yes, you need to redo it. or enter superuser app and acceept the app to work but probably too late.
2. active pen is not working yet, for now you need to disable use of active pen and it works fine. (still more precise compared to finger)

Reactions: neuteboomt

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
some news (Active pen Working)

I got active pen functionaliy is working.

tested with Quill and Write and beta Sketchbook app which support active pen writing.
included mobile notebook also support pressure :)
Pressure needs some more work, but does use pressure reading in quill.

just need a little more tweaking, and it should be fine.
activepentest.png

i noticed now, that the UsbMasstorage app, does not always find location of storage to share, ill check up on it. (reported earlier, but i did not check, i believe)

Last edited:

rico_zuares

Mar 7, 2010

tested with Quill and Write and beta Sketchbook app which support active pen writing.

activepentest.png

i noticed now, that the UsbMasstorage app, does not always find location of storage to share, ill check up on it. (reported earlier, but i did not check, i believe)

wow coooool thanks man !! Amazing work. :fingers-crossed:
And you are an artist :eek::D

Devices history:
Samsung Galaxy S2 - HTC Flyer - HTC EVO 3D - Motorola Milestone - Toshiba TG01 - XDA Neo - Sony Ericsson w810 - Nokia 6210 - Analog Phone - No Phone - Telepathy :cool:

Last edited:

thewadegeek

Mar 20, 2011
Cedar Rapids

activepentest.png

Wow nice work Dexter, pretty impressive.

tErbo b00st

Nov 3, 2008
Does everyone have poor scrolling? Or more like lack of fling scrolling? I can scroll just fine, but there is no momentum feeling, as soon as you lift your finger whatever was scrolling stops. Small issue but kind of a deal breaker for me. That combined w/ no HD youtube is making me want sense back :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    dextersjblogo.jpg

Screenshot_2012-07-17-22-34-12.png

about_zpsc7897eab.png

Google JellyBean(4.1.1) for Flyer only is a development of CM10, with base in RandomBlame cm10 string of android compile.
    this is aroma installer based, so during install you can chose between tablet or phoneUI based use.

download_zps2efb2d09.png

v.18 download here

GoogleApps from here

Kernel source used can be downloaded here (sorry, no git)

instructions_zpsc9632d29.png

• if you used HTC Unlock and S-OFF'd using that, you ALWAYS need to flash new boot.img manually, search "fastboot flash boot boot.img" if do not already know how to use it.
    • Remember that 2 boot images exists, one with htc keys enabled(phoneUI) and one without.
    • Always believe its best and safest to WIPE/factory reset in recovery and double it with full wipe in installer too.
    • If you are on Gingerbread, you need to upgrade to HoneyComb firmware, before this works and have your Hboot S-off'd too.(Revolutionary solution preferred)
    • if you feel launcher seems laggy (as i), install another one from Play store, i feel it needs to be kept as is, so i did not replace it for another.

tested_zps7c2aa032.png

everything works except topics below

knownbugs_zps687d880e.png

- no bluetooth headset audio supported
    - front camera / video recording function.
    - wifi tether / wifi hotspot function
    - video hardware accelerated playback

thanksto_zps50eeed93.png

iamchucky - fling correction to my pen driver.
    GuestK00388 - for the work on a clean aokp compile build for our flyer with previous aokp release
    randomblame - for the work on DesireHD with the jellybean development upto beta3 and recent 18.2 build used in cm10 release
    barrmulio - for the 160dpi hack to support 7" devices at 1024x600 resolution.
    jmztaylor - view kernel origin.
    Chaosz-X and LeeDroid - Flyer kernel origin.
    kamistral - a small thanks for the 3G confirmation on build v11beta2 :)
    yncconsult - early release used yncconsult kernel. (no source compiled here)

Donate users: a thank you to those users that started donating on xda the last few weeks. it is appreciated and i will to support as much is possible.
    BUG REPORTS

• display does not turn completely OFF by itself , you have to manually press powerbutton to get it all off, when you want standby.
    • Youtube HQ only works in 240dpi resolution (how to watch HD youtube is unknown for now)
    • no h/w accelerated video playback in gallery, only divx software decoding works for now. use alternative included MX player to fix this.

circle pointer hack
    for those who want to get rid of circle when using pen/pointer. see this post here or download attachment directly here.
    Hey Dexter where can I buy you a beer or where is the donation bottom. Just wanna thank you a little for you work.
    Just remember to press the THANKS button in the forum, thats all i ask for! Thanks for the personal consideration but the money should go to those needing them alot more, so charity is my best 2nd alternative :)
    If Dexter is quitting on the project, I will take over his work, upstream the kernel, recompile the ROM from new sources, and try to figure out the SD issue. Thanks to his great work I could take a few months off as well, and I just finished my exams. Thanks a lot to Dexter for continuing the project and the great work, I will do my utmost best to upstream the kernel, and fix issues I can find (including the am/pm thing in /bin which makes it impossible to debug apps from Eclipse). And who knows, perhaps if Dexter wants to spend enough time on it, we could do a collaboration? Stay tuned guys, I hope to have more info about friday I think?
    v18 uploaded, just minor changes

Post #1 has been cleaned up and i have uploaded, what i feel is the final edition.
    It works and serves most new users best, without confusion on what to do and what to install.

Thanks to all for the support and all users appreciating my work on Flyer,
    it has probably come to an end. but i will be watching my thread but do not expect additional updates or corrections to the last version 18.