[Q] i9505 No LTE Setting

Search This thread

busylittlebee

Dec 27, 2013
after updating to Kitkat 4.4.2 official I9505XXUFNBE everything working fine except that there is no LTE setting Under the "option>>Connection>>more networks>>mobile Network>>network mode" isn't there suppose to be LTE/WCDMA/GSM (auto connect).. but in my network mode there is only WCDMA/GSM, WCDMA Only and GSM only.. Is there anyone having these issue

Repulsa

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 3, 2010
Your Mom's crib
after updating to Kitkat 4.4.2 official I9505XXUFNBE everything working fine except that there is no LTE setting Under the "option>>Connection>>more networks>>mobile Network>>network mode" isn't there suppose to be LTE/WCDMA/GSM (auto connect).. but in my network mode there is only WCDMA/GSM, WCDMA Only and GSM only.. Is there anyone having these issue

Is your phone rooted mate? well if your phone is rooted then do this to enable it Open root explorer then Data >property>persist.radio.lteon.xml open the file in Text Editor and change the value to true save then reboot.

busylittlebee

Dec 27, 2013
sorry for the late reply guys.. and thanx for the response..

Did u update by OTA or u used ODIN?

no.. I Use ODIN

Is your phone rooted mate? well if your phone is rooted then do this to enable it Open root explorer then Data >property>persist.radio.lteon.xml open the file in Text Editor and change the value to true save then reboot.

yes it rooted.. I'll try your suggestion latter and let you know if it works.. thank you.. but now I just re-flash my phonei I use cf autoroot before and my phone become so sluggish and the rotating screen ,air gsture and air view is not working, dont know what I did wrong

Repulsa

Nov 3, 2010
Your Mom's crib
sorry for the late reply guys.. and thanx for the response..

no.. I Use ODIN

yes it rooted.. I'll try your suggestion latter and let you know if it works.. thank you.. but now I just re-flash my phonei I use cf autoroot before and my phone become so sluggish and the rotating screen ,air gsture and air view is not working, dont know what I did wrong

Try to reflash the rom once again man or do a factory reset/wipe cache in recovery if your having an issue.

busylittlebee

Dec 27, 2013
hi repulsa.. I've try your method.. but it I can't make it works..

"Root File manager >> home (logo) directory >> data/ >>property/ >> persist.radio.lteon" I try a couple of text editor that i can find on google play to open it but fail.. it say file canot be open (Jota, Jota+ text editor ,axel,920 text editor)

any suggestion for text editor to use..? thank you and sorry for the english?

Repulsa

Nov 3, 2010
Your Mom's crib

"Root File manager >> home (logo) directory >> data/ >>property/ >> persist.radio.lteon" I try a couple of text editor that i can find on google play to open it but fail.. it say file canot be open (Jota, Jota+ text editor ,axel,920 text editor)

Im using root explorer bro :) , Maybe your having this problem because your not Granting/Permission the SuperSu ?

Last edited:
Reactions: busylittlebee

busylittlebee

Dec 27, 2013
Im using root explorer bro :) , Maybe your having this problem because your not Granting/Permission the SuperSu ?

I found a file explorer that have a root access and a text editor (FX root explorer) i've been granted root acces by SU and manage to open and edit the persist.radio.lteon and replace the existing file. do the restart but nothing happen on my lte setting.. still don't have LTE/WCDMA/GSM option..

Repulsa

Nov 3, 2010
Your Mom's crib
I found a file explorer that have a root access and a text editor (FX root explorer) i've been granted root acces by SU and manage to open and edit the persist.radio.lteon and replace the existing file. do the restart but nothing happen on my lte setting.. still don't have LTE/WCDMA/GSM option..

I hope you did save the file .. when you restart your Phone.. Anyways If you have a Custom recovery ie: Philz or TWRP try to download and flash this file Via recovery.. but if you dont have a custom recovery or the file doesnt work after flashing , I hope someone can help you with this issue mate .

Reactions: busylittlebee

spirodave

Mar 3, 2014
Saint Louis missouri
I figured this out ... Go to more networks ...do search for netwoks ...when it finds networks do a select automaticly .. Dont choose your network ..For some reason it selects gsm/umts if you select it yourself

Im rooted using a i9505 rom using an ATT branded GS4 unlocked using tmobile Sim LOL

nikhil.73

Dec 31, 2016
hi iam nikhil

i have not seen persist.radio.lteon.xml file in rootbrowser in samsung s4 i9500what should i do

chashmaa

Jan 24, 2015
After you have rooted the device completely, go to Google Play and install 'ES file explorer'. Open the app, and press the menu key on the device and you will get a panel to your left on the screen. Scroll down and enable Rootexplorer (you will ask to grant permission by the SuperSU app since you have rooted, so give permission). Now use the search function and find the file with this EXACT name 'persist.radio.lteon' and delete it. Please make sure you are deleting this exact file. Don't delete anything else and end up bricking your device. After deleting restart the phone and that's it! You will have the LTE/WCDMA/GSM option in the network mode once you are booted and you will receive 4G signals if you are in an area with LTE coverage.

Strephon Alkhalikoi

Aug 3, 2010
Vulcan
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nexus 6
hi iam nikhil

i have not seen persist.radio.lteon.xml file in rootbrowser in samsung s4 i9500what should i do
Get another device. The I9500 does not have LTE, and before you ask, you cannot enable it because the hardware is not present.

@chashmaa: Your advice works only if the device has a LTE radio. The I9500 nikhil has doesn't.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Did u update by OTA or u used ODIN?

I hope you did save the file .. when you restart your Phone.. Anyways If you have a Custom recovery ie: Philz or TWRP try to download and flash this file Via recovery.. but if you dont have a custom recovery or the file doesnt work after flashing , I hope someone can help you with this issue mate .