[DEV][KERNEL] FILTH Kernel for Samsung Galaxy Core GT-I8262

Search This thread

ali.filth

Sep 3, 2012
balikpapan
Guys please pay attention....

Dont ever flash it on monsters rom......i have flashed that kernel on monsters and now my phone doesnt works properly
reboots after every 2 min and a lot of lags.....now @ali.filth what should i do now....suggest any soln

Press thanks if i helped;)

Ok..maybe another one can try it for monster$ too? and give me a result as soon as possible..I don't think monster$ rom are different with stock rom..or maybe monster$ have more tweak and make it crash.

Sent from my GT-I8262 using xda app-developers app

shebie

May 8, 2013
do not install on monster rom b3

hello
sorry to say this
I have flashed filth kernel.
phone boots normally and work normally.
but when I plugged in usb phone hangs and restart. It is not accepting any file from pc.
I have to reinsert battery and phone boot normally.
I tried subway surfer it was looking some fast.

but when I swap ram with swapper 2 and restart phone my phone continuing vibration and not booting even in cwm
I tried cwm again but problem again long vibration nothing other.
first I get my phone is bricked but when I boot inti download mode It starts and I having to install stock rom again I have to customize my phone once again about two hour waisting time.

But new inventions always take time and sacrifice
keep it continue

MirXas

Jan 26, 2014
Vilnius
hello
sorry to say this
but when I plugged in usb phone hangs and restart. It is not accepting any file from pc.

but when I swap ram with swapper 2 and restart phone my phone continuing vibration and not booting even in cwm
first I get my phone is bricked but when I boot inti download mode It starts and I having to install stock rom again I have to customize my phone once again about two hour waisting time.

keep it continue
The first time I could enter DL mode, but I just turned it off, cause I didn't had time to flash stock ROM. The second time I tried to fix it, it just keeps vibrating whatever I do. No DL mode, no recovery. Nothing.

ali.filth

Sep 3, 2012
balikpapan
hello
sorry to say this

keep it continue

Ok..the serious problem maybe on swap function..I'll fix soon..sorry for this..thanks for support

Sent from my GT-I8262 using xda app-developers app

shebie

May 8, 2013
urgent help my phone is not booting

hello
after installation filth kernel and swapping RAM my phone is not booting even in cwm or in download mode.
when I start phone it continues vibration for indefinite time and nothing other happens what should I do.
please help

AnsleyC

Jan 24, 2014
Margao
hello
after installation filth kernel and swapping RAM my phone is not booting even in cwm or in download mode.
when I start phone it continues vibration for indefinite time and nothing other happens what should I do.
please help

Try using an usb jig. :rolleyes: but before that see if you can fast boot.

shebie

May 8, 2013
gt-I8262 bricked with filth kernel do install it

The first time I could enter DL mode, but I just turned it off, cause I didn't had time to flash stock ROM. The second time I tried to fix it, it just keeps vibrating whatever I do. No DL mode, no recovery. Nothing.

please tell me what have you done to solve issue I have same problem

ali.filth

Sep 3, 2012
balikpapan
please tell me what have you done to solve issue I have same problem

sorry about that..but before i'm release this kernel..i was test it..and until this moment i don't have any problem..probably my biggest mistake was I did not try it on another rom..
but this is a developer forum, we certainly are not perfect..and we try to provide the best for this device..

( do with your own risk )

Last edited:

F@HIM

Jan 16, 2014
Mumbai
sorry about that..but before i'm release this kernel..i was test it..and until this moment i don't have any problem..probably my biggest mistake was I did not try it on another rom..
but this is a developer forum, we certainly are not perfect..and we try to provide the best for this device..

( do with your own risk )

Bro nyc work but if u r not confident abt other rom then you should mention itself in the first post that it works only on stock odex rom .....so that others wont try it....:mad:

shebie

May 8, 2013
Important Information for monster rom user

Hello
I want to inform all monster rom user
When I try filth kernel my phone was able to go download mode only first time if you do not turn mobile off If turned of your phone is bricked.

main point is that I install stock rom after flashing filth kernel and reinstall monster rom my phone was working well.
I tried swapper on monster rom it bricked my core.

so please do not use any RAM swapper on monster rom It can brick your mobile.

Press thanks button

MirXas

Jan 26, 2014
Vilnius
Hello
I want to inform all monster rom user
When I try filth kernel my phone was able to go download mode only first time if you do not turn mobile off If turned of your phone is bricked.

main point is that I install stock rom after flashing filth kernel and reinstall monster rom my phone was working well.
I tried swapper on monster rom it bricked my core.

so please do not use any RAM swapper on monster rom It can brick your mobile.

Press thanks button

It's not the monster$'s ROM fault. It's the same with stock odexe'ed.

MirXas

Jan 26, 2014
Vilnius
@ali.filth, please remove the SWAP "functionality" until some crazy-ass is willing to test it again. I just want to ensure that from now no-one brick's their phone as I did.
My re-molten brick is being delivered to my service provider, good thing it was insured (for WATER DAMAGE and other things, caused by an accident".

Mod edit content removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ali.filth

ali.filth

Sep 3, 2012
balikpapan
swap problem has solved

EDIT : I was very sad when I heard there are some people get hardbrick result if activated the linux swap partition on this kernel .. I'm sure it was not the fault of the kernel, but this is the answer:

mmcblk1 = external_sdcard. if you use mmcblk0 your phone you will hardbrick. Some apps like swapper 2 use mmcblk0pX as the default value, if you want to use these apps the make sure to change this in the settings.

Last edited:

pratik_vartak

Dec 16, 2012
virar
Www.krazycoupon.in
Hello all,
If u dont know what is beta version, then dont even try to do such a things from which u cant recover.
And also each n every dev told dat do every thing on ur own risk as there is always possibility to bricking device. So if u dont want to test anything so plzz wait until stable version release after beta testing. As OP makes some gud stuffs for our core n u r going to blame him for ur foolishness.
**About this kernal. This is gud but having some major bugs as every beta version had. **

Sent from my GT-I8262 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

abhijeetc9762

Mar 18, 2013
PUNE
Keep it up ali. There are less devs for our core.
some people are trying to spoil the thread. Dont give attention to them.every beta version has some bugs and i beleve that you will fix it.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2iiic7m.jpg

Presenting to you all !!!
    *****************************************************************************************************
    *****************************************************************************************************
    FILTH Kernel

for Samsung Galaxy Core Duos

NOTE : Please don't install this kernel if you on Monster$ Rom

* Your warranty is now void.*
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this Kernel
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * Do with your own risk

Happy Sunday all core lovers:D this custom kernel I dedicate for you all :D

FEATURE :
    • Governor
    Code:
    - smartassv2
    - lulzactive
    - intelliactive
    - hyper
    • I/O Schedule
    Code:
    - SIO I/O Schedule
    - VR I/O Schedule
    • SWAP RAM support
    • OC 1.4 Ghz (experimental)
    • Build using Linaro 4.6.2 gcc for better battery life

[09.05.2014] UPDATE BUILD 2 :

• add abyssplug governor
    • build with 4.4.3 gcc for stability
    • etc.

Instructions:
    - download link flashable zip
    - put Filth-Kernel.zip file on internal sdcard or external sdcard
    - Boot into recovery (volume up+home+power) or using third party apps if you're using Philz Touch Recovery
    - Wipe cache and dalvik cache
    - Select "Install zip" and browser to your downloaded zip file.
    - Now select the Filth-Kernel.zip file you copied in previous step
    - Reboot System
    - You will have FILTH Kernel flashed

How to enable linux SWAP : See Post 3

Contributors
    ali.filth

Version Information

Created 30-03-2014
    Last Updated 09-05-2014

Source : Github
    FAQ

How to enable linux Swap partition (without Brick your device) :

• - First thing, you want to partition your SD card in order to create our swap partition, I recommend you to follow THIS accurately.
    • - make sure init.d folder has enable, you can use Universal init.d
    • - use my script and put to your init.d folder
    • - set 02swap file permission to rwxr-xr-x
    • - reboot your device
    • - done

Attention !! :
    mmcblk1 = external_sdcard. if you use mmcblk0 your phone will HARDBRICK !!. Some apps like Swapper2 use mmcblk0pX as the default value, if you want to use these apps make sure to change PATH in the settings to /dev/block/mmcblk1p2

open terminal emulator for checking swap function , type :

you can see like pic below if swap has working:

24pwdja.jpg

JUST PRESS THANKS BUTTON FOR SUPPORT MY WORK :D
    Download link :

[09.05.2014] = BUILD 2

[30.03.2014] = OLD BUILD

FAQ

• Can i flash it using odin? - No, because i was included some particular file in zip for stability
    • Does it support SWAP Ram ? - Yes. just make linux swap partition on your external sdcard
    • Does it support OC cpu ? - this experimental feature, need to test
    • Does it support CM11 rom ? - No, Cyanogenmod kernel uses ION and its own exfat driver but Samsung have its own so its way different
    • Does it support Monster$ rom ? - No..please don't install this kernel on that rom
    • Does it support i8260 ? - Yes, but don't install this kernel if you on monster$ rom
    Don't worry ali, Filth Kernel is a great kernel and I tried b2 and was great...no random reboots. It just needs a few improvements and fixes.

Sent from my GT-I8262 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Guys please pay attention....

Dont ever flash it on monsters rom......i have flashed that kernel on monsters and now my phone doesnt works properly
    reboots after every 2 min and a lot of lags.....now @ali.filth what should i do now....suggest any soln

Press thanks if i helped;)