(28 November 2010) iDialer v0.54 - Open Source edition

Search This thread

SnoopyDog

Sep 27, 2008
Close to Nuremberg
Hi! Thank you for this application :) I use it together with iContact Burt edition so that look&feel are nearly the same. I modified the skin a bit so that it matches the "default" skin in iContact (Burt). Except the battery, currently iDialer queries the first pixel column to draw the rest of the bar. "My" battery looks a bit nasty, but you can easily replace it with the original.

there are many dialers out there.. one of them looks almost EXACTLY like this one.

I'm sorry, but the dialer you mentioned has a complete different design. One VERY important things is, that iDialer matches perfectly iContact. The dialer you mentioned doesn't!

Attachments

• default.png
    default.png
    16 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:

outphase

Aug 5, 2007
will iDialer be able to function without iContact? I prefer my original dialer and original contacts manager. I would like to use iDialer for grandcentral dialing only (including phone contacts).

supbro

Aug 10, 2007
San Diego, CA
dgmltn.com
will iDialer be able to function without iContact? I prefer my original dialer and original contacts manager. I would like to use iDialer for grandcentral dialing only (including phone contacts).

The next version of iDialer will have GrandCentral support and the ability to dial using a command line, like: "iDialer.exe 18005552222". How would you expect to be able to use it with your phone contacts? I'm not sure how to handle that...

outphase

Aug 5, 2007
The next version of iDialer will have GrandCentral support and the ability to dial using a command line, like: "iDialer.exe 18005552222". How would you expect to be able to use it with your phone contacts? I'm not sure how to handle that...

I'm pretty sure there's a way to call the contact manager internally. Google Maps has a way to look up a contact's location based on the address stored for them. I'm not sure how to do that as I haven't coded for WM before.

Absent that, are you going to implement the grandcentral call logs?

Thanks, I'm looking forward to use this. It'll really help with craigslist meetups.

Show me grand central dialing.

Tukse

Mar 18, 2008
hello, hello,

the app didn't work fine on my HTC so I tried to desinstall it but I still have th e interface ???!!??? :confused:

How can I have the original HTC dialer????

outphase

Aug 5, 2007
You, sir, are my hero. Thanks a lot for this. WinMo got left behind in the GC dialer world. Is there any way to disable the keypress tone?

Last edited:

pmcall

May 8, 2005
San Diego, CA
I modified the ini file to use GrandCentral. When I dial a number and press the call button, iDialer disappears and no number is dialed. I am using an AT&T tilt with Sakajati's Hyperdragon Opal ROM from October 2nd.

supbro

Aug 10, 2007
San Diego, CA
dgmltn.com
I modified the ini file to use GrandCentral. When I dial a number and press the call button, iDialer disappears and no number is dialed. I am using an AT&T tilt with Sakajati's Hyperdragon Opal ROM from October 2nd.

When you place your call, you will receive an incoming call from your own GrandCentral number. Answer the call, and you will be connected to the recipient.

If you don't get a call, check your phone's internet connection.

SnoopyDog

Sep 27, 2008
Close to Nuremberg
Hi :) Thank you again for this update. Currently i'm using it with the attached skin and it works great. I had to replace the dialplan with "format=NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN" because here in germany we don't have fixed length prefixes. Maybe, i find some rules that make sense.

Two things:
  • Is it possible to display the name of the current network provider instead of "My Phone Number"? To me this makes more sense. Maybe, configurable.
  • My Samsung i900 reacts on different special codes without dialing them. Eg. *#0011# shows some kind of netmonitor. It would be nice if iDialer can pass these codes to the phone so i can get totally rid of the ugly default dialer.

Does anybody know if it's possible to reassign the left hardware button of the phone? I think you need to have a special DLL which has to be configured in the registry. Does anyone know, if some background information for doing this was already posted in this forum? Maybe, i have to look at MSDN (?)

Attachments

• diamond.png
    diamond.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

savior02

Apr 9, 2007
I installed this but it doesn't work on my ppc when I go to my phone I get the regular phone and even when I go to program/Idialer.exe it launches but when I press talk it opens the default phone and calls. I been using the TF2D dialer this whole time with no problems any suggestions?

SnoopyDog

Sep 27, 2008
Close to Nuremberg
iDialer is currently not integrated to the system. This is why i'm asking about registry entries and so on...

But you can call it from within iContact. That's what i'm doing...

supbro

Aug 10, 2007
San Diego, CA
dgmltn.com
I installed this but it doesn't work on my ppc when I go to my phone I get the regular phone and even when I go to program/Idialer.exe it launches but when I press talk it opens the default phone and calls. I been using the TF2D dialer this whole time with no problems any suggestions?

That's the intended operation for this version. It's a dial pad and relies on the built-in dialer (or GrandCentral) to place the call.

appan

Jul 10, 2008
Chicago
Two things:
  • Is it possible to display the name of the current network provider instead of "My Phone Number"? To me this makes more sense. Maybe, configurable.

this wud be a good idea, showing ur own phone # dont make any sense also a suggection which got no response from supbro " any way possible to work iDialer with " iContact Burt Edition? "?

Top Liked Posts