[HOWTO] Step by step tutorial to getting psx4droid to work...

Search This thread

Drewbladez

Jun 29, 2010
I'm a NOOB to emulators and all this Jazz

So I got the SNES and GBA ROMS and emulator working great. this is a bit more complex I'm learning. HA

1. Can't seem to find a download of the scph1001.bin file

2. I attempted to learn how to use imgburn to convert from my disc to an (ISO? file?? (is that even the right type)) FAIL -> Anyone have EZ Noob instructions on how to do that?

3. only other option I see possible is to aquire the ROMs legally and the only ones I find are 33 part files. Once I've purchased them :D How do I continue in using them moving forward?

Thanks in Advance

ALWAYS Trying new things since ANDROID Came into my life :D

GUNITJHAE

Apr 18, 2010
Okay so I got it figured out. If you guys have .zip files without ecm's in them I found a link to this program that grabs them from the .7Z files. It can be downloaded from here. 7-zip.org

gavinlew

Dec 13, 2006
Yate, Bristol
this works perfectly on my htc desire (rooted with mcr 3.1 rom)
have downloaded 2 games and they both run fine.
Ubuntu has ecm tools available , just do sudo apt-get install ecm
Then

$unecm nameofimage.ecm nameofimage.bin

and put it on your sdcard.

Drewbladez

Jun 29, 2010
Okay so I got it figured out. If you guys have .zip files without ecm's in them I found a link to this program that grabs them from the .7Z files. It can be downloaded from here. 7-zip.org

Thanks. But I'm still confused on the 33 Files to play one game? does this combine them? or will PSX just read to the next one?

gloom

May 8, 2006
Brussels
Hi all,

Maybe I missed something but I'm unable to find psx4droid on the market :/

I'm using Devillain's Froyo rom on an HTC Desire and no succes. Even with trying to get it with the QR code (thanks google) market failed to find it.

Any one getting the same issue or having any tip ?

xtnsion

Jun 30, 2010
Bucharest
someone please clear me, i have downloaded some games in .bin format and compressed them with ecm. Do I have to do this compression or do I just put the games in .bin format on my phone. Thanks.

denero1

Jun 26, 2010
umm i dont think u need to convert if its already in .bin >.> i just unzipped front mission 3 and started it worked up until actual game play lol

lemarg

Jul 16, 2010
some of my eboot from the psp work
resident evil 1.2.3
pac man world
are the ones i tryed and they work great no lag on my nexus one
im not saying all of them work because metal gear and syphon filter dont work

did you have to do anything to these files?

cause my resident evils wont work for some reason?

im on a gakaxy s btw

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys I just saw that psx4droid is out in the market! Hooray! :D

But I saw my friend had some problems getting it set up and wanted to make it easier for other newbies so I figured I would do a step by step tutorial of how my friend got it working for his Nexus One.

Step 1: Download psx4droid in the android market (search psx and it will come up)

Step 2: Connect your phone to your computer via usb and create a folder where you will place your Bios file and Roms (SDcard -> then create a new folder PSXoid)

Step 3: google the term scph1001.bin and download the file

Step 4: place the scph1001.bin file in the newly created folder PSXoid

Now comes the tricky part with the roms since most of them have a wierd ECM file type that wont be recognized by your emulator; dont worry you just need to convert the file type to bin so the emulator can recognize it :)

Step 5: go to http://www.underground-gamer.com/wiki/index.php/ECM and download ECM under the Windows section of the page and extract the UNECM portion of the EMC download to the desktop

Step 6: grab the Rom in ECM format from the desktop and place it into the UNECM file now on the desktop, it will start making a copy of the Rom with the correct file type and will pull up a small black screen showing you that it is converting it to the correct format with a percentage ticking away to 100%

Step 7: now that you have the PSX Rom in the correct bin format, you can place it in the newly created PSXoid folder and your emulator will now be able to see it!

Step 8: unplug phone from USB and open psx4droid app

Step 9: Use the top portion of the settings to search for and select scph1001.bin as the bios file to use (It's easy to find since you know its in the PSXoid folder)

Step 10: Once you have selected the bios file you will be promted to find a rom that you want to use. You will now be able to see the rom and play it on your psx4droid emulator!

Enjoy =)

***Just a few tidbits in case people were wondering my friend is not rooted and this guide is for educational purposes only. Downloading illegal roms can get you in trouble and don't do it unless you have the original game you purchase.

EDIT: On Droid Forums a user by the name of Titan posted this comment when he was confused by step 6 ------ "Ah I got it working now, I get the .7z or .zip roms I downloaded, and I keep opening up the main folders/.zips until I get to a file called data.bin.ecm. Then I drag that to unecm. It seems that the "data.bin.ecm" is the game in all that mess. "
    unpack with 7zip

7-zip.org

winrar can also unpack them
    Black Screen then back to menu problem

Seems like a lot of people are getting the problem of a brief black screen and then back to the menu again. I can't believe that this problem hasn't been identified and resolved yet. Surely somebody out there knows what is going on?

EDIT: thanks to buradd I can confirm that PSX4droid v3.0.0 and up doesn't play nice with some custom roms. Reverting to v2 1.1.0 works fine. Just google "PSX4droid v2 1.1.0" and you'll find a copy.

Sorry for the not linking, I can't post outside links yet.
    Here's how you get it working on CM7 2.3

Ok guys, i seriously read all 25 pages of this thread and FINALLY got it working on my Samsung Captivate (galaxy s) on my cyanogen mod 7 2.3 build.

IF YOU GET THE CHOOSE ROM BLACK SCREEN IMMEDIATELY AFTER CHOOSING THE ROM THIS IS THE FIX (at least for cm7 2.3 people)

but who knows this might help others.

1. download and install psx4droid v2 1.1.0
    2. download and place anywhere on your sd the scph1001.bin BIOS file (mine was 512kb)
    3. get a rom, if its a .zip, unzip somewhere.
    3a. if you have a .cue and a .7zip, open the .7zip with the free open source 7zip software and drag the game.bin.ecm file into a folder. ignore the .cue.
    4. look up unecm, download the pack, open the folder and youll see UNECM.exe
    5. drag your game.bin.ecm file literally on top of the UNECM.exe, a dos command prompt will pop up with a % in progress and it extracts the finished game.bin file in the SAME folder your game.bin.ecm was.
    6. copy that game.bin you just made onto a folder somewhere on your sd card.
    7. open psx4droid, point it to the scph1001.bin BIOS file, then point it to a rom you just copied.
    8. PLAY!! :D

Now I'm playing FFVII happily and it runs great! :cool:

hope these steps help someone.
    So I've been playing ff7 for a bit now but here and there psx4droid force closes on me, its not a particular part of the game its random. Any ideas?

try FPSE.

much better then PSX4Droid.

FF VII works well.