Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Bin4ry

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 14, 2008
Berlin
Thanks for the hints blagus!
I will fix the first page, uploading new Package now!

Regards

Reactions: rahbari

Blagus

Jun 10, 2010
Now if FlashTool only supported backing up TA in this FXtool format it would be great!

divicos

Jan 23, 2010
Avezzano, L'Aquila
thanks guys!!!

worked for some friends on an Italian forum..
SE assistance said they cannot repair the phone, and send them back as bricked as they sent..

thanks god we have this forum!! :D

Halim2k

Apr 7, 2009
It's not working for me :(
the flashing was compeleted but the same problem, no network and asking to insert the sim card while it's already inserted.
any hint, or this fix is only for guys who didn't use the first fix " renaming simlock.ta to preset.ta" ?

nolimit966

Sep 15, 2008
YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY Fixed it thanks to:
FlashTool_0.2.9.1_FOTAUnbrick.exe
Wow, thanks a lot people, seriously appreciated!!

rahbari

May 5, 2011
YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY Fixed it thanks to:
FlashTool_0.2.9.1_FOTAUnbrick.exe
Wow, thanks a lot people, seriously appreciated!!

I think they are related. I didnt apply that one. I think old fix has fixed the boot system but corrupted the sim card system. This one only fix the boot system.

Philbur

Apr 27, 2009
Excellent! Got my phone working again..

just one thing.. I can't download anything from the market anymore?

ebsglobal789

May 9, 2011
I used 2.3.3 HK FTF, rename the simlock.ta to preset.ta to bootup my arc before, No Network and Simcard not found.

Tried flash by updated X10FlashTool, but nothing change, still No Network and Simcard not found.

Bin4ry

Nov 14, 2008
Berlin
If you do the trick with flashin simlock.ta as preset.ta you completely damage your Simlock Partiton! You now need to resign it for getting it working again, this can only be done @ SE or by pay Servers on the internet.
So sorry, no way for you to recover in this forums.
The OP is just for people who do not used other recovery tryies to get the phone working. It will fix phone completely from dead state, if you already got it working without sim-detection you messed too much. :/

Regards
Bin4ry

abhisheak.bansal

May 30, 2011
Delhi
If you do the trick with flashin simlock.ta as preset.ta you completely damage your Simlock Partiton! You now need to resign it for getting it working again, this can only be done @ SE or by pay Servers on the internet.
The OP is just for people who do not used other recovery tryies to get the phone working. It will fix phone completely from dead state, if you already got it working without sim-detection you messed too much. :/

Regards
Bin4ry

which pay servers to use?
plz help

Last edited:

SandroV1972

Apr 16, 2011
Thanks Thanks
2 days after bringing the phone to a SE service I called this morning. The phone was still there and hadn't been sent to SE (talking about quick service...) so I went there collected my Arc plugged it at home and bang 2 mintes later it was working again.

LOVE YOU GUYS! Why don't they hire you at SE?

Bin4ry

Nov 14, 2008
Berlin
Thanks Thanks
2 days after bringing the phone to a SE service I called this morning. The phone was still there and hadn't been sent to SE (talking about quick service...) so I went there collected my Arc plugged it at home and bang 2 mintes later it was working again.

I'm lucky that it fixed your phone :)
But please take the Advice serious! DON'T TAKE ANY OTA UPDATES! If you do OTA again you will end in the same situation :p

Regards
Bin4ry

superojo

Nov 30, 2006

Regards
Bin4ry

Can you please tell me which PAY SERVER can be used for the simlock partition repair? Thank you.

ricstc

May 29, 2011
Selangor
Thanks Thanks

SE cant affort them...:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

This will fix your unlocked Phones which got bricked through OTA update and are dead now!
    Please download this package:
    MOD EDIT Link Removed at OPs request
    Let it extract to a destination of your choice.
    After that run Flashtool.exe.

Now hit the button FLASH and select the package which is included.
    Follow the steps and connect your phone in flashmode. This is the same mode Pc Companion and SEUS uses to flash your phone to newer firmare (Indicated by green LED), if you got BLUE LED you are in the wrong mode!
    Flashtool will now detect your phone and start the repair.
    After all is done your phone should be up and running again.

ADVICE:
    PLEASE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY OTA'S ! If you receive a OTA message just decline, if you accept it you will end with a brick AGAIN! So please do NOT accept them until SonyEricsson provides a OTA solution for unlocked Bootloaders!

Best Regards
    Team FreeXperia
    No it is repairing TrimArea which got corrupted through the OTA update.

Regards
    Bin4ry
    great work FreeXperia Team!!!!
    No it is repairing TrimArea which got corrupted through the OTA update.

Regards
    Bin4ry

oh so thats wht those .ta files are...

thanks for the info Bin4ry!!!
    ohhh.. that link is not working btw! :O

Its the package in the first post i downloaded...

I attached the file I used for my ARC. I wish it works for you!
    [Small file, Big job] ;)