How do you add audio to boot animation (AOPK 7.3)

Search This thread

KC37

Mar 27, 2012
Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!

(do I need to convert the mp3 to an OGG file?)

Last edited:

tocirahl

Jun 18, 2012
I'm pretty sure it takes an mp3 file? Just put your mp3 file at /system/media/ and name it "boot_audio.mp3"

The instructions are repeated under Rom Control > General UI (they're greyed out under "disable call volume")

KC37

Mar 27, 2012
Ahhhhh I made a folder boot_audio.mp3, lol. Now the only system/media folder I have is in the ROM zip itself. Is that the one I put it in and reflash?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

MotoMudder77

Feb 8, 2010
Kapowsin, WA
Ahhhhh I made a folder boot_audio.mp3, lol. Now the only system/media folder I have is in the ROM zip itself. Is that the one I put it in and reflash?

or just put the file itself into that folder in the phone. adb, root explorer, or any other root access file explorer.

KC37

Mar 27, 2012
Cool, I think this is in my wheelhouse.

Thanks for your help!

KC37

Mar 27, 2012
or just put the file itself into that folder in the phone. adb, root explorer, or any other root access file explorer.

Well I thought I had it but when I was checking my failed work I noticed that my" boot_audio.mp3" is now a " boot_audio.mp3.ogg". I used Ghost Commander to move the file.

Just to clarify it isn't or is the system/media from the ROMs zip itself?

Thanks again, this battle is now a personal challenge, lol. :mad:

Reactions: johnmmr@gmail.com

tocirahl

Jun 18, 2012
Ok, this is what you do.

1. Find an mp3 file you like (MP3 file, not an Ogg Vorbis file)
2. Name it "boot_audio.mp3" (case-sensitive)
3. Copy it into /system/media/ on your actual phone (NOT in the ROM zip unless you want to have to reflash your zip)
4. Change the permissions of the file to rw-r--r--.
5. Go to Settings > ROM Control > General UI and make sure that "Disable Boot Audio" is UNCHECKED
6. Reboot.

Reactions: knap13 and KC37

KC37

Mar 27, 2012
Thanks for the total walk through. Got it working this morning!

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

MotoMudder77

Feb 8, 2010
Kapowsin, WA
Ok, this is what you do.

3. Copy it into /system/media/ on your actual phone (NOT in the ROM zip unless you want to have to reflash your zip)
5. Go to Settings > ROM Control > General UI and make sure that "Disable Boot Audio" is UNCHECKED
6. Reboot.

marked in red is only in AOKP. So unless you know that the user is running AOKP, this is unnecessary

Just an FYI post.

AzHavicx

May 10, 2012
Dallas
Is there a way to increase the volume of the boot_audio.mp3? Mine is playing ridiculously low for some reason. :(

I think the boot sound volume fix is already been applyed,the best fix is in the build prop: persist.sys.boot_volume=100. that's the loudest i, think it can get until the AOKPs find a way to increase it some other way. But as far as my understanding of this its a temporary hit and miss kinda deal. I maybe wrong here,if I am I'm sorry for the missleading post and will remove and or edit with correct info...(if needed but I think I'm right...lol..lol:) )

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 On RootBox v1.7 Rom w/Fluxi Xx kernel using xda premium

Stuby42

Mar 31, 2011
HI, I'm also looking into increasing my boot audio volume I took a look at the build prop. But I can't find this line (persist.sys.boot_volume=100) anywhere do I just edit the file and write it into there? I'm running AOKP 7.3 also. PS I have used sound forge and Increased my Volume 1000% I only here a little Difference. Sorry If this Isn't the right place to ask this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, this is what you do.

6. Reboot.

Well I thought I had it but when I was checking my failed work I noticed that my" boot_audio.mp3" is now a " boot_audio.mp3.ogg". I used Ghost Commander to move the file.

Just to clarify it isn't or is the system/media from the ROMs zip itself?

Thanks again, this battle is now a personal challenge, lol. :mad: