Samsung Galaxy Note II DualPro SHINE Case

Search This thread

psygnosi

Sep 28, 2012
Mongmong
Hi All,

I just got this case in the interim until I get the otterbox defender. I had it fedex overnight because I usually put my phone in my pocket. It reminds me of the otterbox commuter but not bulky and its in a silver Aluminum finish with a good feel and not a fingerprint magnet. Not slippery. Tactile buttons are responsive without any problems. Very well built dual protection case. Access ports are not covered.
sa-327b.jpg

sa-327a.jpg

Samsung-GalaxyNote2_DualProShine_CallOutFeature.jpg

Last edited:

finalhit

Jan 12, 2009
Not to be nosy but by the time you're done buying cases, I think you would have spent enough to buy squaretrade insurance.

swyped all these spelling errors from my galaxy note 2

psygnosi

Sep 28, 2012
Mongmong
Not to be nosy but by the time you're done buying cases, I think you would have spent enough to buy squaretrade insurance.

swyped all these spelling errors from my galaxy note 2

Yeah the problem was that the Otterbox Defender wasn't available but all these other cases were so I had to go thru looking for a case that would fit in my pocket. The cheap tpu cases didn't instill confidence when I put it in my pocket and the Speck Candy shell case was a little better but it's rubber gray material frays when you put it in your pants. It also was more rigid than the tpu cases but I still was worried about it not being rigid enough. This case however is different and the hard shell is really rigid. No worries about putting this in my pants. The hard material is very solid and a very nice feel. Oh well still waiting for the otterbox but this will do until it gets here. Otterbox using Fedex smartpost sucks! I'm praying it gets here and not lost in the usps christmas frazzle. lol.:p

scoobmd

Jan 17, 2008
Wow, looks nice and sleek.
I see a seller in ebay has it for about $24.95.

Let me know how you like it when the Otterbox comes since this looks much thinner and easier to pocket.

coiledwire

Oct 20, 2010
norcal
Psy, could you snap some pics of this case on your phone? Its hard for me to see how it looks with the stock images on their site. Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-L900

sleshepic

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 18, 2011
PA
Been planning on buying this case. Kinda pissed their "sale" they advertise on Fb is nowhere to be seen on the actual site

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Menchelke

Dec 3, 2010
Been planning on buying this case. Kinda pissed their "sale" they advertise on Fb is nowhere to be seen on the actual site

Finally stumbled across this case after searching for three days or so for a case for my incoming Note 2.

I just ordered it off ebay and had to cancel my other case I had ordered from Amazon. I figure the extra $8 will be well spent, and I really like the aesthetics of it. No kickstand is a positive for me.

psygnosi

Sep 28, 2012
Mongmong
Last edited:

sleshepic

Oct 18, 2011
PA
How the sides hold up to pressure, around the outside of the screen? I noticed theres no support from the hard shell to stop the silicone lip from being pushed back from the screen. Ordered one, will just have to see I guess

psygnosi

Sep 28, 2012
Mongmong
How the sides hold up to pressure, around the outside of the screen? I noticed theres no support from the hard shell to stop the silicone lip from being pushed back from the screen. Ordered one, will just have to see I guess

Because the outer shell is very rigid there is very little play to move the silicone lip. You have to force it hard to move. This is not a case for changing batteries. I'm actually scared to pull the phone out of the case. I had the otterbox commuter for my old Galaxy Note i717 and the material for the outer shell of that case is less rigid than this case. my 2 cents.

Reactions: sleshepic

sleshepic

Oct 18, 2011
PA
Because the outer shell is very rigid there is very little play to move the silicone lip. You have to force it hard to move. This is not a case for changing batteries. I'm actually scared to pull the phone out of the case. I had the otterbox commuter for my old Galaxy Note i717 and the material for the outer shell of that case is less rigid than this case. my 2 cents.

Thats too bad, I have to do battery pulls occasionally (especially now that the power button long press doesnt reboot) and I usually depend on dual layer being fairly easy to remove. Right now the Aegis case I have feels like its bad to remove and replace frequently - which is good I guess in general just cus its snug, but bad of you need to remove the battery once or twice a day

samklee

Oct 8, 2009
Thanks for posting pictures. Mine should be coming in soon. I gather from your asher past that you're suggesting that removing the phone from the case seems pretty difficult?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

XBOHDPuKC

Sep 9, 2007
Thats too bad, I have to do battery pulls occasionally (especially now that the power button long press doesnt reboot) and I usually depend on dual layer being fairly easy to remove. Right now the Aegis case I have feels like its bad to remove and replace frequently - which is good I guess in general just cus its snug, but bad of you need to remove the battery once or twice a day

I'm taking my phone (Galaxy S III albeit) out of the same case on a daily basis (to put into an arm sleeve for a run) and it holds up just fine - pry off one top corner, then another and you have your phone out of it.

e-motion

Jun 8, 2007
Thanks for posting pictures. Mine should be coming in soon. I gather from your asher past that you're suggesting that removing the phone from the case seems pretty difficult?

Just got this case in last night and it is a great case no doubt, beautiful, not bulky, and offering decent protection, but holy cow is it tight and both hard to put on and remove. It's a concern for me, as I need to change the SIM when traveling.

I'm really afraid to damage the case, it is the tightest fit of any case for any device I have ever owned.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All,

I just got this case in the interim until I get the otterbox defender. I had it fedex overnight because I usually put my phone in my pocket. It reminds me of the otterbox commuter but not bulky and its in a silver Aluminum finish with a good feel and not a fingerprint magnet. Not slippery. Tactile buttons are responsive without any problems. Very well built dual protection case. Access ports are not covered.
    sa-327b.jpg

sa-327a.jpg

Samsung-GalaxyNote2_DualProShine_CallOutFeature.jpg
    Do you have a link for me, TH@NKZzz...

Here is the link for this case on ebay.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Incipio-Dua...448787?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item5aec6a5753

Psy, could you snap some pics of this case on your phone? Its hard for me to see how it looks with the stock images on their site. Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-L900

Here ya go. Excuse the quality, I was using my wife's SGSII to take the pictures.

20121217_224303.jpg
    20121217_224320.jpg
    20121217_224341.jpg
    20121217_224443.jpg
    20121217_224358.jpg
    20121217_224425.jpg
    Nice!..the color blends well with the white note 2..any other colors?..found some pink/white on ebay..