Ordered new DBrand skin that was just released

Search This thread

PcFish

Jul 13, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I'm waiting for them to release Ferrari Red Carbon Fiber and ordering a custom. Actually been waiting forever for them to finish on the One. They had problems with the HTC tolerances. No other skin company can top dbrand's precision and quality. If you order a custom from them you can request a drawing and they'll mail a sketch to you too lol.

Last edited:

msgnyc

Mar 13, 2006
Tri-State
yeah dbrand skins are top notch.
I'll be ordering a 2tone blk/red leather custom with my GI Joe cobra logo. ;)

clninja

Jun 25, 2011
Denver
Carbon fiber rear cover with devilcasr aluminum bumper for the win

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

deviusdragger

Aug 5, 2006
California
I prefer icarbons.com for these types of skins. They actually offer front back and side covers for our phones. Plus the quality is superb. Currently have one on my iPhone 5 that has lasted me 8 months and no signs of failing. Just ordered one for my Htc one.

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

msgnyc

Mar 13, 2006
Tri-State
iCarbons is good, but unfortunately they don't have leather look vinyl nor do they take custom orders. I do like that they allow you to order the accent pieces seperately tho.

krysdafur

Aug 16, 2009
I had a dbrands skins on my N4, cut/fit/alignment was perfect. I now have a iCarbons on my One, fitment is just ok. I could not get the HTC logo and the camera/flash cutouts to line up perfectly. I ended up sacrificing camera/flash alignment for better logo alignment. On a TMo One.

deeevan

Mar 22, 2013
I had a dbrands skins on my N4, cut/fit/alignment was perfect. I now have a iCarbons on my One, fitment is just ok. I could not get the HTC logo and the camera/flash cutouts to line up perfectly. I ended up sacrificing camera/flash alignment for better logo alignment. On a TMo One.

I assume it wasn't enough to cause flaring in flash photos? I can't remember whether it was the dbrands or iCarbons developer that was complaining about wandering HTC logo placement across different phones.

msgnyc

Mar 13, 2006
Tri-State
Did a mockup and sent it along with my request so they've a better idea of what I mean when I gave the description of what I am looking for.
Just waiting to hear back from them for pricing n estimated completion timetable.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369907600318.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369907600318.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,845
Last edited:

msgnyc

Mar 13, 2006
Tri-State
Custom designs are priced on a per design basis. I'm still waiting to hear back on the total pricing and estimated completion timetable. Ill post the price I'm quoted at one it has been determined so others can get a rough idea of costs. All custom order requests should be sent to customs@dbrand.com

the design was made with gimp using the photos they had up on their website for the device and materials. I'll gladly upload an xfc or psd file if anyone wants to come up with their own design to submit.

edit. heres a basic xfc/pdf to get u going.
psd: http://www.box.com/s/ly2qocki2hzs9kx7s0tn
xfc: http://www.box.com/s/8ybtrpllcalv9aw5q7m9

Last edited:
Reactions: jeremyhilton

Crowned-star

Feb 7, 2012
Laval/Montreal
I've received a email, the custom skin will cost 75$ which includes 2 layer of back skins for 10$ each, the top and bottom for 5$ each and the 15 $ per hour for the work of 3 hours. Seems pretty reasonable if you ask me, i'll order it around next week and let you know

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

msgnyc

Mar 13, 2006
Tri-State
Update. As above. My skins running me for $75.

For those that may wonder why they are so expensive, here an email detailing the breakdown.
We’ll first briefly outline the process for customs, so you can get an idea for why the pricing is what it is: We take a blank base layer, then assemble (by hand) a second layer using multiple pieces that fit together (like a puzzle) to form the design requested by the client. We charge 2x the base rate of a normal skin, as it uses 2x the material of a normal skin, and an additional $15 per hour in assembly time. We also provide multiple photoshop mockups of the design for your approval before we do any final cutting.

The base rate for an HTC One back piece is $20, as the middle back piece is the only custom part. The upper/lower back pieces and the front pieces come at the normal rate of $5 each and we offer you two sets in any two styles you want. In your case, you’d likely want them in either red, black, or white (the colors of your design).

From the looks of your design, it would require about 31 pieces and 3 hours to manufacture. This would bring the final cost to $75 (20+5+5+15*3). If you want to continue, send the payment via PayPal to money@dbrand.com and email us with your delivery address once payment has been made. We’ll get you booked for the weekend and start on design mockups.

Signed,

A Robot

PcFish

Jul 13, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Update. As above. My skins running me for $75.

For those that may wonder why they are so expensive, here an email detailing the breakdown.

Mine was $65. Ferrari Red Carbon Fiber and Gold Titanium Spider-Man Iron Spider logo ftw. On my Nexus 4 I ordered one that was around $50. I'm thinking of getting wood texture for my next custom. This with the Red DevilCase will look sexy.

You can actually ask them to make a doodle for you too lol. If you look on their fb they show the sketches they've done for people.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    These things look awesome! They just became available today. I ordered the black titanium, will update with pics after it is in and on.
    http://dbrand.com/purchase/htc-one/

EDIT: here are pics of my phone with the black titanium skin http://imgur.com/a/wbglv
    Here's some more pics of all the angles

Sent from my HTC One
    Hey guys!

Looks like we're ridiculously late to the party here. Sorry about that. There's a LOT going on today, but I'll try to seed through the pages and comment on any questions/concerns by tomorrow afternoon. In the meantime, here's the photos we've been working on for the HTC One Models page. Promise that they'll be completed and live soon! <3
    Amazing

Just got the skin with custom Logo and I must say it just looks amazing! :)

dbrand-design-skin-htc-one-header.jpg

More pictures here.

Mike
    dbrand just sent me a picture of the final custom.
    They were working on this at 11PM-4AM their time and emailed me the photo an hour ago EST! Plus, including the red and gold, they're throwing in black CF for the back and front top/bottom pieces.
    Customer service and quality is totally where these guys excel over any other.