[Q] Weird G2 bootloop - got a fix?

Search This thread

r9ball

Aug 14, 2013
Verizon G2 - stock rom, rooted and had OTA updates blocked for at least 5 months.. 4.2.2 ver 11a build JDQ39B
restarted phone the other day and it would boot and you would briefly see your home screen and then boot loop to the white verizon logo screen. Every other time it looped, it would not show the home screen, just a blank screen. I did get it to boot to safe mode and unistalled a few apps I thought might be problems,,, didn't help. I discovered that if I quickly tapped the home screen in that brief 2 seconds during the loop, it would boot.
I really hate to undo tether, un-root and factory reset. I hate to go through updates and re-root and hack tether but I will as last resort.
Any thoughts on cause or suggestions?

Thanx

B

bachera

check lgocat for logs and try to eliminate the cause that way.
check kmesh in logs, dunno exact wording, but it also says something about boot there.
Use a tool like android tuner or something similar to disable startup stuff and try to eliminate that way

Last edited:

r9ball

Aug 14, 2013
Weird G2 bootloop - got a fix?

check lgocat for logs and try to eliminate the cause that way.
check kmesh in logs, dunno exact wording, but it also says something about boot there.
Use a tool like android tuner or something similar to disable startup stuff and try to eliminate that way

I didn't find any lgocat or kmesh folders/files anywhere
still stumped

B

bachera

I didn't find any lgocat or kmesh folders/files anywhere
still stumped

try any logging tool from playstore. also try searching on how to obtain those logs. probably requires root. mind warrantee ofcourse.

at which point I would do a total complete clean install. that eliminates software issues. still there and you did not restore anything/install anything then its hardware.