[FTF] Xperia ZL (C6506) 4.3 - 10.4.1.B.0.101 - Generic US (root files also in thread)

Search This thread

nexus 4 noob

Feb 16, 2013
Downloaded, flashed and using it now! Working fine! Thanks!

Sent from my C6506 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

gduong128

Oct 1, 2010
Would you be able to create a stripped FTF?

Nevermind, it's in your flashable file.
Thanks.

Last edited:

gduong128

Oct 1, 2010
Upgrade to 10.4.1.B.0.101 without issue using files in this thread.
Kept root and everything else, no need to re-install any apps.

Thanks.

Optilicious

Jan 30, 2011
Looking to flash this from pac man rom.. can i just flash the zip in cwm or do i need to use flash tool. Thanks!

Optilicious

Jan 30, 2011
I believe if you only flash the zip through cwm, you will be stuck in a bootloop, you will need to flash the kernel too using flashtool.

Sorry for the questions. New to Sony phone's. So would the best way be to flash zip in cwm and then turn off phone then use flashmode and flash kernal.sin?

Sent from my C6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mr_esmit

Nov 18, 2010
You need to download these ones:

Flashable ZIP (with root)

Part 1: http://d-h.st/RFl
Part 2: http://d-h.st/ujl

Thanks. I went back to the .423 build (4.2.2) so I could root and already got a notification for the .244 update. Do I download (and install) the update?

Afterwards, is the procedure the same?:

1 - Put 'Flashable.101.zip' on (the external) SDcard1;
2 - Put '10.4.1 .B.0.101_Stripped.ftf' inside the Flashtool/firmwares folder;
3 - Create a backup of your phone in TWRP and don't forget to backup the contents of 'SDCard' (the internal storage!);
4 - Flash 'C65XX_10.4.1.B.0.101.flashable.zip' in TWRP;
NOTE: do not reboot but go back to the main menu, then go to reboot->power off;
Flash everything in 'C65XX_10.4.1.B.0.101_Stripped.ftf' using flashtool;
Reboot to system.

Thanks.

gduong128

Oct 1, 2010
Thanks. I went back to the .423 build (4.2.2) so I could root and already got a notification for the .244 update. Do I download (and install) the update?

Afterwards, is the procedure the same?:

1 - Put 'Flashable.101.zip' on (the external) SDcard1;
2 - Put '10.4.1 .B.0.101_Stripped.ftf' inside the Flashtool/firmwares folder;
3 - Create a backup of your phone in TWRP and don't forget to backup the contents of 'SDCard' (the internal storage!);
4 - Flash 'C65XX_10.4.1.B.0.101.flashable.zip' in TWRP;
NOTE: do not reboot but go back to the main menu, then go to reboot->power off;
Flash everything in 'C65XX_10.4.1.B.0.101_Stripped.ftf' using flashtool;
Reboot to system.

Thanks.

After rooting 4.2.2, you need to update to 4.3 10.4.B.0.569 using this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2567266

Then proceed with .101.

acabreram

Mar 28, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S9
I believe if you only flash the zip through cwm, you will be stuck in a bootloop, you will need to flash the kernel too using flashtool.

Bro i flashed the zip file and i can´t boot??
i have to install another rom like CM11 for boot. but i need come back to stock rom
what can i do??
thanks!!

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

i have to install another rom like CM11 for boot. but i need come back to stock rom
what can i do??
thanks!!

can i flash the kernel via CWM?? the kernel is into boot.img right??

Crash338

Sep 2, 2011
Montreal
what can i do??
thanks!!

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

can i flash the kernel via CWM?? the kernel is into boot.img right??

Just flash the stock FTF if you need to come back to stock. It will be back to full stock without root or recovery if that's what you need. Use Flashtool to flash in Flashmode

If you flash my zip through cwm and did nothing else than that's probably why you cant boot, just flash the stripped FTF via flashtool. you probably cant boot becoz of your custom Kernel.

Last edited:

Sirence

Jun 17, 2012
I am currently on the eXistenZ Rom with Android 4.2.2. I have root and CWM installed.
Can I flash this straight on top? Is it only a zip for CWM and nothing else? Would I keep root if I flash this?

Thank you in advance.

Optilicious

Jan 30, 2011
I am currently on the eXistenZ Rom with Android 4.2.2. I have root and CWM installed.
Can I flash this straight on top? Is it only a zip for CWM and nothing else? Would I keep root if I flash this?

Thank you in advance.

I came from pac man rom and was able to do a full wipe, flash zip in cwm, and then turn off phone and use flash mode to flash the ftf kernal. Kept root and zero issues so far. Some one please correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure you can do the same thing.

Sent from my C6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Sirence

Top Liked Posts