[Q] Moto Razr not booting up, custom recovery uninstalled

Search This thread

bugnotch

May 15, 2011
Kolkata
www.gamersconnect.net
Find the correct firmware that you need for your phone and flash it with RSD lite

Is it possible to flash back to ICS from 4.4 over the stock slot? Do I need to flash using Fastboot or SBF? Does it have to be stock, 'coz I'm not sure if I'll even find a fastboot for a 4.4 stock. :confused:

Could you detail a bit on exactly which version of android should I flash with? That'd be of great help.. :(

Thanks.

Draxin

Mar 31, 2012
Oregon
Is it possible to flash back to ICS from 4.4 over the stock slot? Do I need to flash using Fastboot or SBF? Does it have to be stock, 'coz I'm not sure if I'll even find a fastboot for a 4.4 stock. :confused:

Could you detail a bit on exactly which version of android should I flash with? That'd be of great help.. :(

Thanks.

No, you can't go back to ICS. Your firmware flash will be official OEM Motorola firmware, so it will be Jelly Bean and why RSD lite is required. You will need the correct firmware for your region or carrier, or it won't complete the flash. read/watch tutorials first if you haven't used RSD before. Your 4.4 was a custom ROM. So there aren't any firmware flashes for it. After you have flashed with RSD and the firmware you will be bonestock, unrooted JB. From there root again, reinstall your recovery etc. etc.

Hit thanks if I helped.

Reactions: bugnotch

bugnotch

May 15, 2011
Kolkata
www.gamersconnect.net
No, you can't go back to ICS. Your firmware flash will be official OEM Motorola firmware, so it will be Jelly Bean and why RSD lite is required. You will need the correct firmware for your region or carrier, or it won't complete the flash. read/watch tutorials first if you haven't used RSD before. Your 4.4 was a custom ROM. So there aren't any firmware flashes for it. After you have flashed with RSD and the firmware you will be bonestock, unrooted JB. From there root again, reinstall your recovery etc. etc.

Hit thanks if I helped.

Hi Draxin,
Thank you for the suggestion. About the OEM firmware, mine's an Asia Retail version of Razr. We never had an official firmware beyond ICS. So what do you suggest? Will deleting the CID and then flashing with a JB EU work?

Draxin

Mar 31, 2012
Oregon
Hi Draxin,
Thank you for the suggestion. About the OEM firmware, mine's an Asia Retail version of Razr. We never had an official firmware beyond ICS. So what do you suggest? Will deleting the CID and then flashing with a JB EU work?

If you didn't delete the CID to swap firmwares before to get CM11, I wouldn't start now. Most xt910 firmwares now are JB, and once you are on the motorola JB kernel you can't go back to ICS, which was why I said that. If you weren't on a official JB before then that doesn't apply to you.

I would flash the official Firmware for your device, and yes you will have to put your device into apfastboot for RSD lite.

Reactions: bugnotch

bugnotch

May 15, 2011
Kolkata
www.gamersconnect.net
If you didn't delete the CID to swap firmwares before to get CM11, I wouldn't start now. Most xt910 firmwares now are JB, and once you are on the motorola JB kernel you can't go back to ICS, which was why I said that. If you weren't on a official JB before then that doesn't apply to you.

I would flash the official Firmware for your device, and yes you will have to put your device into apfastboot for RSD lite.

Thanks Draxin. :) I'll try and let know.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nobody on this one?? :crying:
    Please help! :(

Find the correct firmware that you need for your phone and flash it with RSD lite

Thanks.

Hit thanks if I helped.
    Hi Draxin,