[Q] Unable to install MIUI V5 Stock based..

Search This thread

Daedroza

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 16, 2014
github.com
Unable to install MIUI v5 by sijav.
I am LB with 4.2.2(ROOTED) and XZDUALRECOVERY

I am getting boot-loop.
Followed the instructions perfectly as per said.

NOT A NEWBIE!

Joncat24

Nov 9, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Same to me…my phone(c5502) also unable to flash the rom…following all the instruction and even redownload the file also no luck…(ps:my xperia arc s or xperia v just one flash than done)but still u can try the MIUI apps called "Miui Express",just feel like using miui rom.This apps include launcher, contact, message, phone, lockscreen even themes too~

Sent from my C5502 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1402921405996.jpg
    1402921405996.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 77

Daedroza

Jun 16, 2014
github.com
Same to me…my phone(c5502) also unable to flash the rom…following all the instruction and even redownload the file also no luck…(ps:my xperia arc s or xperia v just one flash than done)but still u can try the MIUI apps called "Miui Express",just feel like using miui rom.This apps include launcher, contact, message, phone, lockscreen even themes too~

Thanks for reply. Can you post on sijav's thread? I am not able to post there because I joined here recently!

sijav

Sep 3, 2012
Tehran
Thanks for reply. Can you post on sijav's thread? I am not able to post there because I joined here recently!
what?
you're getting bootloop? @Daedroza and @Joncat24 what version did you flashed?
I have got feedback that this works, I also my self flashed with every possible options!
ALSO did you come from 4.2.2? if not wait I'm making a package ftf for you guys to flash and it will works :)
instruction in main thread updated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joncat24

Joncat24

Nov 9, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
what?
I have got feedback that this works, I also my self flashed with every possible options!
ALSO did you come from 4.2.2? if not wait I'm making a package ftf for you guys to flash and it will works :)

Yup...downgrade to 4.2.2, root and also install recovery.Both 4.6.6 and 4.5.23...i'm even go to ur Miui forum to redownload the file but still same get bootloop wont boot...4.5.23 english and multi language also tried...if I select full wipe (in aroma),install till 40% than black out...(bootloop).The new 4.6.6, successfull install (if I select full wipe in aroma option, it happen same as 4.5.23)but the rom can't get root permission...showing system ui fc and the network operators showing wrong networking...if I reselect the network operators it show correct operators but the name just won't show the correct one that I had selected...
Ps:both before installing the rom i'm already full wipe the phone by myself coz if I select full wipe in aroma option it will cause bootloop...

Last edited:

Daedroza

Jun 16, 2014
github.com
what?

Thanks for reply sijav.
I used 4.2.2 customised INDIA as base rom. I installed root then recovery. I flashed your 4.6.6 MIUI file. Did clean wipe in Aroma installer also. After the process ended the phone booted with sony logo then MIUI logo and then restarted again(bootloop)

***I will try this again in next 24 hours And will post the results here. Thanks for your work ;)

Sent from my C5502 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

wafeeq

May 26, 2008
amman
If I'm not mistaken, if you're on locked bootloader you should first format system through recovery then install miui rom, it was the same way in locked Arc S

Daedroza

Jun 16, 2014
github.com
@sijav also if you are uploading your own 4.2.2 ftf can you please upload it on google drive?
It would be a great relief if you could upload all your further builds on google drive and share it here. Gives more 2mb/s speed so we could tell you instantaneously the build is flawless or not.

sijav

Sep 3, 2012
Tehran
@sijav also if you are uploading your own 4.2.2 ftf can you please upload it on google drive?
It would be a great relief if you could upload all your further builds on google drive and share it here. Gives more 2mb/s speed so we could tell you instantaneously the build is flawless or not.

hi, @Joncat24 this is really strange! both things, network wrong? I'm not sure! everything is working here, system ui fc? you don't have root access? can you give me logcat? else I can't do anything because everything is working with me and I'm not sure about your problems so please give me logcat.
System will format on aroma before installing so you no need to do that!
alright here's my theory: I'm assuming that you all have tried with philz touch recovery, maybe the philz touch recovery is not good! (as you can't flash latest cm with it!!) please use ClockWorkMod (the vanilla recovery) from NDR Utils app and give me the results. it should work after that!
oh and forget everything about 4.2.2! I can't get access to my old 4.2.2 ftf file anymore! :( sorry I can't upload anything... and about uploading in google drive, well google drive has banned my whole account many times because many users have downloaded huge files. So I'm trying not to put anything on google drive. also my upload speed is less than 14 kbps so I'm not just posting things on net without testing it with every aspect myself! (As I hate to spend more than 1 day to upload it again) so even if you tell me that my build is broken even if I fixed it it makes me 2 days in avarage to upload both eng and multi rom into servers.

Last edited:

Daedroza

Jun 16, 2014
github.com
hi, @Joncat24 this is really strange! both things, network wrong? I'm not sure! everything is working here, system ui fc? you don't have root access? can you give me logcat? else I can't do anything because everything is working with me and I'm not sure about your problems so please give me logcat.
alright here's my theory: I'm assuming that you all have tried with philz touch recovery, maybe the philz touch recovery is not good! (as you can't flash latest cm with it!!) please use ClockWorkMod (the vanilla recovery) from NDR Utils app and give me the results. it should work after that!
oh and forget everything about 4.2.2! I can't get access to my old 4.2.2 ftf file anymore! :( sorry I can't upload anything... and about uploading in google drive, well google drive has banned my whole account many times because many users have downloaded huge files. So I'm trying not to put anything on google drive. also my upload speed is less than 14 kbps so I'm not just posting things on net without testing it with every aspect myself! (As I hate to spend more than 1 day to upload it again) so even if you tell me that my build is broken even if I fixed it it makes me 2 days in avarage to upload both eng and multi rom into servers.

No problem. Going to try this with Vanilla CWM. If any one wants Google Drive FTF links I shall upload it for them.
Will post the result in three hours ;) thanks sijav.
BTW which version of recovery? 6.0.4.5 right?

Last edited:

Daedroza

Jun 16, 2014
github.com
Result.

Result :

Flashed fresh 4.2.2 Customized India FTF. Installed SuperSU ROOT. Flashed XZDUALRECOVERY. Selected 6.0.48 CWM-Based recovery as told.
Selected the zip to be flashed. Selected Full Wipe in AROMA!
Installation started > Stopped at 1% > Device restarted and stopped at SONY LOGO.

I am on locked boot loader and I think that's what the problem is!

- NEW
Used PhilzTouch Recovery > INSTALL Complete.
I clean wiped then clicked on INSTALL NEW ROM, which again clean data, cache. Seems to work with one bug "ALL CHECK POINTS REACHED". It is not going from my Notifications menu!

Last edited:

Adiyel

Jun 18, 2014
Result :

Flashed fresh 4.2.2 Customized India FTF. Installed SuperSU ROOT. Flashed XZDUALRECOVERY. Selected 6.0.48 CWM-Based recovery as told.
Selected the zip to be flashed. Selected Full Wipe in AROMA!
Installation started > Stopped at 1% > Device restarted and stopped at SONY LOGO.

I am on locked boot loader and I think that's what the problem is!

EXACT same results. I fear though that if i unlock my bootloader and MIUI fails again, PCC won't be able to rescue me with firmware repair! :crying:

C5502 with root (TowelRoot method), XZdualRecovery, stock 4.3 (waiting to go back down to 4.2.2 INDIA release again). Any hints on how to fix this? Am really interested in trying MIUI, but if Xperia ZL roms work perfectly, then i'd like to try one of those...if there's one as interesting as MIUI

Daedroza

Jun 16, 2014
github.com
EXACT same results. I fear though that if i unlock my bootloader and MIUI fails again, PCC won't be able to rescue me with firmware repair! :crying:

C5502 with root (TowelRoot method), XZdualRecovery, stock 4.3 (waiting to go back down to 4.2.2 INDIA release again). Any hints on how to fix this? Am really interested in trying MIUI, but if Xperia ZL roms work perfectly, then i'd like to try one of those...if there's one as interesting as MIUI

Yes. Use PhilZ, don't select Everything Wipe in Aroma and try installing.
If possible try installing twice! mine worked at second instance!

PROBLEM IS WITH RECOVERY AND NOT MIUI!

Reactions: sijav

sijav

Sep 3, 2012
Tehran

damn! you were right,
formating data partition seems not a good idea in philz recovery!!
I'm gonna remove wipe in aroma and let users do it for next release OR find a way to remove things from data manually :)
thanks a lot for letting me know about this one.
have fun guys ;)

Joncat24

Nov 9, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Finally

alright here's my theory: I'm assuming that you all have tried with philz touch recovery, maybe the philz touch recovery is not good! (as you can't flash latest cm with it!!) please use ClockWorkMod (the vanilla recovery) from NDR Utils app and give me the results.

YES!!! Finally...finally i had successful to flash Miui on my Xperia ZR!!:good:Actually i was already want to give up...but lucky i did give up...;) I just try not to use Philz Touch recovery...it works!! U are right...is the recovery problem...but my Xperia V was successful install the rom by using Philz Touch recovery...thats strange...:confused: I just use ClockWorkMod to flash and before flash the rom, i just wipe cacheand format system and it works...even i had mentioned before that all the problem all gone~~ :good::laugh: thanks~

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    what?

No problem. Going to try this with Vanilla CWM. If any one wants Google Drive FTF links I shall upload it for them.
    Will post the result in three hours ;) thanks sijav.
    BTW which version of recovery? 6.0.4.5 right?