WARNING: Voice problems

Search This thread

r0b0m1nd

Oct 19, 2012
Kansas City
I have the feature turned on where it's always listening for "Okay Google Now." The problem is that about 10+ times a day, especially when driving and listening to podcasts or music, Google Now will kick in, thinking I just said "Okay Google Now" even when I didn't say anything.

When this first happened, I said "Nevermind" to make it go away but it doesn't understand that. I found that "Cancel" works.

So yesterday, I am driving and Google Now asks what I want. I say "Cancel" and then it says "Okay, the event has been cancelled."

WTF! This just deleted something from my calendar, possibly a co-worker's shared calendar, and I have no idea what the appointment was. I do IT consulting so I'm going to have an angry client on my hands if I don't show up and don't call because I have no idea I'm scheduled.:crying:

Reactions: aviwdoowks

kdog350

Mar 28, 2012
I have the feature turned on where it's always listening for "Okay Google Now." The problem is that about 10+ times a day, especially when driving and listening to podcasts or music, Google Now will kick in, thinking I just said "Okay Google Now" even when I didn't say anything.

When this first happened, I said "Nevermind" to make it go away but it doesn't understand that. I found that "Cancel" works.

So yesterday, I am driving and Google Now asks what I want. I say "Cancel" and then it says "Okay, the event has been cancelled."

WTF! This just deleted something from my calendar, possibly a co-worker's shared calendar, and I have no idea what the appointment was. I do IT consulting so I'm going to have an angry client on my hands if I don't show up and don't call because I have no idea I'm scheduled.:crying:

You need to retrain it in a completely quiet environment. I have had zero problems with touchless control going off when I don't want it to. The only time it goes off is if someone who has a voice very similar to mine says "ok google now".

fury683

Dec 20, 2010
MSP
Agreed on retraining. Only one person has ever been able to get it to trigger that wasn't me, and it took him about 15 tries before it finally worked.

r0b0m1nd

Oct 19, 2012
Kansas City
Thanks, will try that! To be fair, I am probably at fault here. I cheated by training it to respond to "Okay Google" instead of the full phrase. I'm just asking for problems with that..

I hope the 2nd gen will let me train any phrase I want! Owned this phone less than a month so far, and overall I am happy with it. It's a little sluggish compared to my iPhone 5 and LG Optimus G, so I'm hoping for a spec bump to match the other flagships. If it's successor is going to be another midrange device I might just hop over to a Nexus or something.

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Free mobile app

jhedfors

Oct 16, 2009
St Paul, MN
Moto G6
OnePlus 6T
Thanks, will try that! To be fair, I am probably at fault here. I cheated by training it to respond to "Okay Google" instead of the full phrase. I'm just asking for problems with that..

I hope the 2nd gen will let me train any phrase I want! Owned this phone less than a month so far, and overall I am happy with it. It's a little sluggish compared to my iPhone 5 and LG Optimus G, so I'm hoping for a spec bump to match the other flagships. If it's successor is going to be another midrange device I might just hop over to a Nexus or something.

I had the same problem when I had trained it for "OK Google". Problem went away when I changed back to "OK Google Now".

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Free mobile app

Jason.DROID

Jan 14, 2012

Yep, the likelihood for false positives goes up quite a bit when using just "Okay Google" for TC.

Apr 18, 2008
you could install OKCommandr and train it to respond to commands OK Google can't do. like if Google Now pops up, you could say OK Commandr, lock my phone.

vitoski

Mar 1, 2009
Poland
Was talking about this, but I see now that it will disable Touchless control, so no good, sorry :(

http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/themes-apps/xposed-ok-google-broadcast-intent-t2638717/post50101485

This module sends intent. It doesn't allow you to use custom phrases to trigger touchless control. It works based on 'Ok Google now' that TC uses to wake up the phone and ask you for a command.
To make story short that Xposed is great for Tasker.

Sent from my XT1052 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.