[ROM][WWE][16-Jul-10] Timolol's stock-like WM6.5.5 ROM (Build 23569)

Search This thread

in2vnyl

Nov 9, 2007
Las Vegas
Great Aussie Cook

It is great to have an Aussie cooking roms. I will try version 2 and give a bit of feedback.

Thanks Heaps for your efforts

dialupboy

Oct 21, 2008
The alarm function in this ROM has never failed me and I use it everyday. I guess WM6.5 and Chome take a while to get used to, but once you spend enough time with it, it becomes natural.

:)

Yes, it is UC enabled. Sorry, I forgot to mention that.

I'm glad to hear you agree with philosophy :) Cheers!

I haven't experienced the problem that you describe when receiving calls. However, if you want to disable the HTC dialer, it's very straightforward. Just use any registry editor program to navigate to 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Security/Phone/Skin' then change the value of 'Enabled' from 1 to 0. Soft reset, and you will now be using the standard WM6.5 dialer. Alternatively, you could use a program like Advanced Config or Diamond Tweak to achieve the same outcome :)

Thanks I'll try that, downloading your new rom now :)
..before you said that htc audio manager (the audio player) included, but it seems i couldn't find it in previous version, is it now included or are there any cab i could install?

timolol

Jan 14, 2009
Melbourne
Thanks I'll try that, downloading your new rom now :)
..before you said that htc audio manager (the audio player) included, but it seems i couldn't find it in previous version, is it now included or are there any cab i could install?

I'm quite sure I never mentioned that HTC audio manager was included in this ROM. It has never been and still isn't included in this ROM. The reason for this is that it is now part of TouchFlo3D which isn't included in this ROM either.

Sorry!

hunwa

Nov 25, 2008
Can someone make a stock like ROM with TF3D2 on it? I like the official start menu and various other things better but I need some touch flo in my life as well. especially the keyboard =p

johnnyc72

Jul 16, 2007
Mannheim, Germany
Random Lockups?

Hey guys,

Love the ROM, thanks!

However, it seems very sluggish. Just turning it on (the screen) sometimes takes a long time. Contacts are very slow to come up, and making calls seems like a huge task at times.

Has anyone else ecperienced these kind of issues on this ROM?

Thanks!

seal_team_six

Oct 30, 2006
Jakarta
HTC U11+
Wow... This ROM might be the answer that i have been looking for my Touch Pro...
Previously i used WWE Windows Mobile Kitchen for Raphael GSM and faced with which the package that should to be include or exclude for touch pro, it made me little confuse... as i read at the forum there is some conflict on WM6.5 with phonecanvas slider, HTC gesture, TF3D, but if i dont include htc gesture then i could not include HTC album because it will need HTC gesture (CMIIW - i'm newbies)
Basically i like all the HTC package like in WM6.1 stock ROM...
I'll try this ROM ASAP... downloading now

Thank's Timolol and Da_G for such a great ROM

in2vnyl

Nov 9, 2007
Las Vegas
First Impression So Far

This rom seems quick and stable so far

programs installed
at contacts
advance config
black dragon vga cab
transformers sliding sound cab
pocket player 4.2
rilphone.dll
rss hub
spb weather
total commander
web tv
clauncher
tomtom
igo8
mortscript

Rom is quick and seems to be quite solid

file exploerer scrolls well as well as windows

no lockups and no hangs so far

This is what I been looking far

everything works not like some of the lastest roms I have tried over the last week.

Excellent Work and Thanks

Yet to test is GPS

theevilhere

Jan 18, 2009
thx tim ur first rom was good, i want to try the new one, if any one can upload it to rapidshare
and thx

seal_team_six

Oct 30, 2006
Jakarta
HTC U11+
Everything works OK, this ROM awesome, gonna be my favorite ROM after 21222 :)
I Tested GPS with AGPS disabled, it works perfectly
Anyway is it normal to have Microsoft My Phone shortcut under Settings and System folder? thought it will be enough to have one my phone shortcut under programs folder, and there it was :p
successfully delete my phone shortcut under settings thru registry, but anyone know how to delete the my phone shortcut under system folder? it just little bit annoying to me :confused: I tried to search and search the forum but didn't find it :)

thank you

Last edited:

eek2

Jul 27, 2007
Downloaded and flashed this rom yesterday, it's exactly what i've been looking for in a rom. Flashing went smoothly, without problems and the phone is very responsive.

I've not seen any mention of it, so just in case anyone's wondering, Exchange works without any problems (seen some people asking about it in other threads).

I've only had one problem with it though. When i went to bed, it was working fine but about 6 hours later the screen wouldn't turn on and i had to soft reset.

Has anyone else had the same problem happen?

majkeljj

Nov 28, 2007
I also installed this rom. Works perfect:) with TF3D1 also ;)
there is printing program missing (to print via buetooth etc.) - printjet or something like that, which is included in stock rom.

timolol

Jan 14, 2009
Melbourne
Everything works OK, this ROM awesome, gonna be my favorite ROM after 21222 :)
I Tested GPS with AGPS disabled, it works perfectly
Anyway is it normal to have Microsoft My Phone shortcut under Settings and System folder? thought it will be enough to have one my phone shortcut under programs folder, and there it was :p
successfully delete my phone shortcut under settings thru registry, but anyone know how to delete the my phone shortcut under system folder? it just little bit annoying to me :confused: I tried to search and search the forum but didn't find it :)

thank you

Are you sure that the "My Phone" shortcut is in the system folder? It is a known "issue" (if you can call it that) that the "My Phone" shortcut is duplicated in both the Programs list and the Settings list in the more recent WM6.5 builds, but I've not known it to show up in the System list. The shortcut in the Programs list is very easy to delete, but I don't know why you would want to delete both of the shortcuts. My Phone is a really useful and cool tool to use to backup your data.

Love the ROM but could you UPX the programs. It makes everything way faster

I'll look into it, but definitely no promises. From a lot of what I've read, it's more trouble than it's worth (a lotttt of trial and error)

Downloaded and flashed this rom yesterday, it's exactly what i've been looking for in a rom. Flashing went smoothly, without problems and the phone is very responsive.

I've not seen any mention of it, so just in case anyone's wondering, Exchange works without any problems (seen some people asking about it in other threads).

I've only had one problem with it though. When i went to bed, it was working fine but about 6 hours later the screen wouldn't turn on and i had to soft reset.

Has anyone else had the same problem happen?

I haven't had this problem. Maybe it has to do with something you've installed?

I also installed this rom. Works perfect:) with TF3D1 also ;)
there is printing program missing (to print via buetooth etc.) - printjet or something like that, which is included in stock rom.

I excluded it on purpose because to be completely honest I'm sure that 99% of users have never even opened it. It supports very few printers, and besides who prints from their phone anyway? However, if you'd like this program back - I'm sure there's a cab floating around these forums somewhere. :)

EDIT: HERE is the cab for JetCet printing (thanks to NATF)

@timolol, is this a common issue with this ROM or not? I've just flashed it and now I'm a little worried about the alarms and overall stability...:eek:

I can honestly say that during all the time that I've been using this ROM and its previous iterations, that this has never happened to me - not even once. I'm not sure why this has happened, but if I were to guess, it's probably a third-party installed program which caused this issue. I've had little/no stability issues from my experience. Of course, the decision to use this ROM is ultimately up to the user. :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts