[ROM][32A-MT3G] T-Mobile MyTouch 3g Fender Edition Stock ROM with ROOT! [01-25-2010]

Search This thread

ceas909

Oct 8, 2009
This ROM is a nearly stock 1.6 Donut ROM, based on the T-Mobile MyTouch 3G Limited Fender Edition. It has all of the T-Mobile apps in it too.

Thanks to crypysmoker for testing some rather dangerous SPL/radio stuff on his phone.

Requirements for this ROM
- MyTouch 3G Limited Fender Edition OR MyTouch 3G 1.2
- Rooted recovery environment
- Stock MT3G 32A Radio and SPL
---- Radio: 2.22.23.02
---- SPL: 1.33.0013
---- Amon_RA Sapphire G Recovery
- Ability to read and comprehend English for the instructions

Downgrade/root your MyTouch3g 1.2/Fender using the normal means. I think the goldcard method works. Check this thread for more information. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=622530.

After rooting, you will have a 32A phone that will not (at this point) have a working touchscreen on any ROM.

Download and extract this ZIP file. http://www.theandroidkitchen.com/fileshare/MyTouch3g32A/?download=MT3GStockRadioSPL.zip
Boot into FASTBOOT, flash the radio, then the SPL/HBOOT, then Amon_RA Sapphire G recovery, then press Menu to power off your phone. Boot into recovery and you now can flash this ROM. Make sure that you flash the radio, SPL and recovery at the same time without rebooting in between.

Code:
fastboot flash radio radio.img
fastboot flash hboot hboot_7201A_1.33.0013G_091021.nbo
fastboot flash recovery recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.5.2G.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader
Then boot into recovery by holding Home and pressing Power and you can flash this ROM.

Features:
- root, of course
- busybox
- Superuser.apk

I don't have one of these phones, so I'm not sure what works and what doesn't, but I hope this gets you guys back up and running without reverting to the T-Mobile non-rooted ROM. crypysmoker is testing most functions out right now.

Enjoy!

MT3GFender32A-Stock-1.0-signed.zip

Please keep all issues in this thread. Again, please remember that I don't have one of these phones, so I can't directly test fixes for anything. I will rely on you guys for that.

I accept no responsibility for damage to your device, but this is just a ROM, so it's damn near impossible for this to damage your device.

i know this is a noob question but... when doing this part...

Code:
fastboot flash radio radio.img
fastboot flash hboot hboot_7201A_1.33.0013G_091021.nbo
fastboot flash recovery recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.5.2G.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader

... Im guessing the radio.img, spl, and recovery.img are all saved to the android sdk tools folder???

Binary100100

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 6, 2008
Detroit, Mi
Clarification please?

I'll be getting my MyTouch 1.2 w/3.5 mm jack (NOT FENDER) tomorrow but I'm slightly confused about whether or not the touchscreen will work afterwards.

I believe that I have successfully created my goldcard (not sure yet since I don't even have the phone yet) and put the Engineerings SPL v1.33.2010 (sappimg.zip) on the root of it.

So I flash this file and then fastboot flash the radio, hboot_7201A_1.33.0013G_091021.nb0 and recovery recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.5.2G.img as per the instructions here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=5451898&posted=1#post5451898

For the recovery, should I use 1.5.2G orH?
According to Amon_Ra, I have a 32A board I flash H. 32B boards flash G. So why do the instructions say to flash G on a 32A board???

So after I do all of that then I should have root, right?
But did I understand correctly that based on what I've read that the touchscreen does not work?
I understand that there are no custom roms out there but help me figure out why should I root this if I'm losing one most basic methods of input? I also understand that we can't tether with this yet... so what do we gain from rooting? Please correct me if I'm wrong but I'll be upset if I go through all this trouble of buying a card to make a goldcard and working until 3 in the morning to get it working right just so I have even less than stock.

So bottom line... if everything works (touchscreen, headphone jack, etc) then I'll root. If not then I'm waiting for an easier and safer method. But I'll rather find out from asking than discovering the hard way.

subline

Jul 15, 2009
The touchscreen will work with this ROM but only with this ROM, if you flash any other rom ur touchscreen will not work.

Its a G recovery because its a google branded 32A phone (32A board with 32B radio and spl)

ceas909

Oct 8, 2009
I'll be getting my MyTouch 1.2 w/3.5 mm jack (NOT FENDER) tomorrow but I'm slightly confused about whether or not the touchscreen will work afterwards.

I believe that I have successfully created my goldcard (not sure yet since I don't even have the phone yet) and put the Engineerings SPL v1.33.2010 (sappimg.zip) on the root of it.

So I flash this file and then fastboot flash the radio, hboot_7201A_1.33.0013G_091021.nb0 and recovery recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.5.2G.img as per the instructions here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=5451898&posted=1#post5451898

For the recovery, should I use 1.5.2G orH?
According to Amon_Ra, I have a 32A board I flash H. 32B boards flash G. So why do the instructions say to flash G on a 32A board???
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=4029315&postcount=1

So after I do all of that then I should have root, right?
But did I understand correctly that based on what I've read that the touchscreen does not work?
I understand that there are no custom roms out there but help me figure out why should I root this if I'm losing one most basic methods of input? I also understand that we can't tether with this yet... so what do we gain from rooting? Please correct me if I'm wrong but I'll be upset if I go through all this trouble of buying a card to make a goldcard and working until 3 in the morning to get it working right just so I have even less than stock.

So bottom line... if everything works (touchscreen, headphone jack, etc) then I'll root. If not then I'm waiting for an easier and safer method. But I'll rather find out from asking than discovering the hard way.

touch screen is working after root but problem is after you root and have a rooted recovery enviorment then u must flash the original radio and spl back...so your stuck with a perfected spl again but with root.and yes the only rom avalible is the fender rom... this is why im takin my time rooting this device... we need to get some devs attn to help get some roms cookin.. because of the driver issues a reg 32a rom wont work.

Binary100100

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 6, 2008
Detroit, Mi
The touchscreen will work with this ROM but only with this ROM, if you flash any other rom ur touchscreen will not work.

Its a G recovery because its a google branded 32A phone (32A board with 32B radio and spl)

touch screen is working after root but problem is after you root and have a rooted recovery enviorment then u must flash the original radio and spl back...so your stuck with a perfected spl again but with root.and yes the only rom avalible is the fender rom... this is why im takin my time rooting this device... we need to get some devs attn to help get some roms cookin.. because of the driver issues a reg 32a rom wont work.

RIGHT! I got it rooted and my MT3G now has this:
SAPPHIRE PVT 32A SHIP S-ON G
HBOOT-1.33.0013 (SAPP31000)
CPLD-13
RADIO-2.22.23.02
OCT 32 2009,22:33:27

So I should be good, right? For now at least until a ROM is cooked for this. So many different MyTouch phones with so many different ROMs. How are we going to keep them all straight? Rhetorical question I suppose. Thanks guys.

Binary100100

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 6, 2008
Detroit, Mi
No 3G connection?

I don't have 3G at home so when I rooted everything seemed normal. But now I'm here at work where I ALWAYS have full signal strength with a strong 3G connection. For some reason I am only on EDGE. I checked my apn and everything seems normal. Am I alone with this?

Binary100100

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 6, 2008
Detroit, Mi
No 3G

I don't have 3G for some reason. I tried to reflash the radio and of course it's giving me remote: not allow.

I checked the APN. Everything looks fine.

Known issue or just my bad luck?

tepic

Jun 18, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Got root with a goldcard made with a Sandisk 1GB SD card, but pretty useless without a supported ROM. Wifi Tether doesn't even work because of no netfilter.

Binary100100

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 6, 2008
Detroit, Mi
So everyone except for me has 3G then? Huh. Well isn't that fancy. I guess I should call T-Mobile to return it. It doesn't make sense though. I've even pushed the apn list from the G1 roms. My G1 has perfect 3G but my MyTouch is stuck on edge. Am I really the only one? I did everything by the letter.

tepic

Jun 18, 2009
Bay Area, CA
I don't have 3G for some reason. I tried to reflash the radio and of course it's giving me remote: not allow.

I checked the APN. Everything looks fine.

Known issue or just my bad luck?

Flash back to this 1.33.2010 SPL and you can reflash radio:
(I can't post links) go to showpost.php?p=4332591

Here were my steps:

1. Put that SPL on goldcard, renamed to sappimg.zip
2. Volumn down + power and flashed it
3. Fastboot and flashed radio + hboot from MT3GStockRadioSPL.zip
4. Flashed recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.5.2G.img
5. Reboot into recovery
6. Run MT3GFender32A-Stock-1.0-signed.zip update

Binary100100

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 6, 2008
Detroit, Mi
Flash back to this 1.33.2010 SPL and you can reflash radio:
(I can't post links) go to showpost.php?p=4332591

Here were my steps:

1. Put that SPL on goldcard, renamed to sappimg.zip
2. Volumn down + power and flashed it
3. Fastboot and flashed radio + hboot from MT3GStockRadioSPL.zip
4. Flashed recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.5.2G.img
5. Reboot into recovery
6. Run MT3GFender32A-Stock-1.0-signed.zip update

Yeah... I backed everything up with Nandroid and wiped, used the goldcard method again and reflashed the MT3GFender32A-Stock rom. I then did a restore and now it works. Very strange. Thanks.