FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

OTA update fails

69 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By Gamma Ray, Member on 3rd November 2012, 07:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey there folks.

I bought a nexus 7 second hand already rooted and am unsure about what rom is on it (it looks pretty stock.)
I keep getting prompts to do the OTA update to 4.1.2, however once in clockwork recovery the update fails... then continues to prompt me on reboot to install the update..

What do i need to do to update it easily? (i dont really want to play around with configuring new roms atm! :P

Kernel version:
3.1.10-g52027f9
[email protected] )
#1 SMP PREEMPT

Build Number:
JR003D
3rd November 2012, 07:51 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I got my a$$ handed to me last week by some unhelpful folks, for asking the same question

What in learned, in between getting yelled at, is that you have to return to stock recovery for the OTA to work. There are several threads on here and in the Q&A forum that can give you more information, including links to simple procedures to return to stock. Search for "OTA".

I chose not to unroot or accept the OTA based on the recommendation of other members. Apparently it doesn't provide much.

Sent from my Nexus 7
The Following User Says Thank You to theocoog For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift theocoog Ad-Free
3rd November 2012, 08:18 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theocoog

I got my a$$ handed to me last week by some unhelpful folks, for asking the same question

What in learned, in between getting yelled at, is that you have to return to stock recovery for the OTA to work. There are several threads on here and in the Q&A forum that can give you more information, including links to simple procedures to return to stock. Search for "OTA".

I chose not to unroot or accept the OTA based on the recommendation of other members. Apparently it doesn't provide much.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Thanks for the quick and civil answer
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)