[ROM] Bulletproof 1.1 ( custom kernels ) ( 03-04-2012 )

Search This thread

Crkr

Sep 3, 2010
Thanks for this Blue, will be flashing sometime today or tomorrow. Good to see life back in the dev section on XDA.

inkling

Nov 27, 2010
Another quick question on the topic of restoring without Titanium. (If it gets complicated, I'll start a new thread in the general forum).

What's the easiest way to reinstall all (free, not just purchased) apps from the market? Do I have to go searching for them one by one? And I've never used Google's data backup feature, but if I understand correctly, when I redownload an app it'll also restore saved data for that app?

siani_8

Dec 13, 2009
Bristol, PA
Anyone get the issue with market sayin there's no storage when tryin to install apps??

Fix??

Sent from my Bulletproof_Doubleshot using xda premium

Reboot into recovery, clear cache and dalvik and then reboot. That should help. The new market is funny on a new install sometimes.

yogi2010

Dec 22, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Another quick question on the topic of restoring without Titanium. (If it gets complicated, I'll start a new thread in the general forum).

What's the easiest way to reinstall all (free, not just purchased) apps from the market? Do I have to go searching for them one by one? And I've never used Google's data backup feature, but if I understand correctly, when I redownload an app it'll also restore saved data for that app?

When you re-download apps by hand from the market, the data will not be restored...(unless there is certain app data that is stored for that app on the sdcard. But in general, you will need to re-setup your app settings and such). The only ways I know of to restore app data is with Titanium Backup, Mybackup Pro, or with an advanced data restore in ClockworkMod. But as per the OP, a clean re-setup by hand is recommended, and is always better when switching ROMs, in order to avoid issues.

There is a market app you can use to make DLing your apps easier... It's called Appbak, and it simply creates a text file list of all your apps, so when you install the new ROM, you redownload Appbak, and it will take you one-by-one to each of your apps in the market, so you don't have to search for them all. But it will still be a fresh install of all your apps, without restored data to cause issues :)

I hope this helps some.

Reactions: inkling and Blue6IX

yogi2010

Dec 22, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Thanks for your hard and thorough work on this, Blue.... I know we all feel that this great ROM is in very good hands!

And happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Blue6IX

May 20, 2011
Anyone get the issue with market sayin there's no storage when tryin to install apps??

Fix??

Reboot into recovery, clear cache and dalvik and then reboot. That should help. The new market is funny on a new install sometimes.

This.

This is a problem that usually occurs when the /cache partition isn't wiped correctly.

I would worry that the install didn't run correctly, and though extreme would recommend re-flashing the install again - just what i'd do.

I will set up an md5 for the ROM after the thanksgiving holiday.

I got scheduled for working from 8 to 8 tomorrow, but that should get me home a bit earlier tonight to get some time in.

We're about to do dinner, so got to sneak away for a few mins to check on the thread.

Thanks to everyone for helping each other out, you guys are awesome!

Reactions: shady503403

inkling

Nov 27, 2010
When you re-download apps by hand from the market, the data will not be restored...(unless there is certain app data that is stored for that app on the sdcard. But in general, you will need to re-setup your app settings and such). The only ways I know of to restore app data is with Titanium Backup, Mybackup Pro, or with an advanced data restore in ClockworkMod. But as per the OP, a clean re-setup by hand is recommended, and is always better when switching ROMs, in order to avoid issues.

There is a market app you can use to make DLing your apps easier... It's called Appbak, and it simply creates a text file list of all your apps, so when you install the new ROM, you redownload Appbak, and it will take you one-by-one to each of your apps in the market, so you don't have to search for them all. But it will still be a fresh install of all your apps, without restored data to cause issues :)

I hope this helps some.

Thanks, that helps a lot.

beezie916

Aug 4, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Ok I tried to read this to find out for sure but my guess is this is once again another Mysense stock rom....the Mysense 3.0 I am guessing right?....would be nice to get some work on a real sense 3.0 ROM or even 3.5 not yet another Mysense 3.0 ROM. Don't get me wrong I am not dogging anyone's work but you can't go from using real sense 3.0 and going to the redhead step child t-mo coded crap. Just curious if this is a mysense or Sense rom...there is a difference....or is this even a sense 2.X port?

siani_8

Dec 13, 2009
Bristol, PA
This ROM is compatible with your 1.5Ghz Kernel, or is it built in? I've noticed that gaming performance on N64oid is amazing on your Kernel.

I've been using Romanbb's UV kernal with this ROM today without any issues. If you decide to use it, manually mount System in recovery before you flash it or risk loosing wifi capability.

Reactions: ekoee and yogi2010

siani_8

Dec 13, 2009
Bristol, PA
Ok I tried to read this to find out for sure but my guess is this is once again another Mysense stock rom....the Mysense 3.0 I am guessing right?....would be nice to get some work on a real sense 3.0 ROM or even 3.5 not yet another Mysense 3.0 ROM. Don't get me wrong I am not dogging anyone's work but you can't go from using real sense 3.0 and going to the redhead step child t-mo coded crap. Just curious if this is a mysense or Sense rom...there is a difference....or is this even a sense 2.X port?

With the "real" sense ROM you are going to loose some features like TV out and lanscape homescreens. I finally got my AV cables for TV Out and I personally won't use a ROM without it anymore. I've used my netflix app to watch a movie on my parent's TV and I have movies on my SD card that play flawlessly on a TV with the included movie player baked in this ROM. Plus it's nice to have other ROMs to play with but also have a rock solid ROM to come back to for a daily driver and that's what we have here. There's enough extra goodies to seperate this one from stock though IMHO.

Litesorrows

May 19, 2011
Elgin
www.facebook.com
Thank you! I always lost Wifi when flashing. Thanks for clearing that up for me. How much free RAM is there? I'm a Ram junkie. That's why I don't use Sense based. Undeads AOSP 2.3.7 has 400Mb free at a minimum.

beezie916

Aug 4, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
With the "real" sense ROM you are going to loose some features like TV out and lanscape homescreens. I finally got my AV cables for TV Out and I personally won't use a ROM without it anymore. I've used my netflix app to watch a movie on my parent's TV and I have movies on my SD card that play flawlessly on a TV with the included movie player baked in this ROM. Plus it's nice to have other ROMs to play with but also have a rock solid ROM to come back to for a daily driver and that's what we have here. There's enough extra goodies to seperate this one from stock though IMHO.

I have no use for tv out...I have a blu-ray or even my computer to use without trying to plug my battery hog into the tv. And the landscape home screen is ok but like I totaly use the sense 3.0 lock screen with the buttons that is not possible with mysense....I think that is the biggest difference and well I can't bring myself to go back to just the slide ring....I am sure there is more missing in mysense but I know that is the big one...shrug...

Litesorrows

May 19, 2011
Elgin
www.facebook.com

There is a Sense 3.0 ROM based on the Sensation.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1284764
It say's beta, but I can't find anything beta about it. Everything works perfectly, the Sensation and DS have the same RAM and CPU. So it's perfect.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

What cables did your buy? I know you need the 3.5mm to RCA. But what brand did you buy? I'm considering a RCA brand, gold plated (better connectivity). Only 10 at Bestbuy. Is it worth it?

Reactions: seancojr

siani_8

Dec 13, 2009
Bristol, PA
There is a Sense 3.0 ROM based on the Sensation.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1284764
It say's beta, but I can't find anything beta about it. Everything works perfectly, the Sensation and DS have the same RAM and CPU. So it's perfect.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

What cables did your buy? I know you need the 3.5mm to RCA. But what brand did you buy? I'm considering a RCA brand, gold plated (better connectivity). Only 10 at Bestbuy. Is it worth it?

I bought the same cables as Blue6IX found here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0006N5I5I/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1322174779&sr=8-1

They work fine and are cheap. $10 to pick it up at Best Buy and not wait for shipping sounds like a good deal too though.

As a side note, I have a nice TV, PS3, an XBox 360, and a computer full of movies hooked up to my TV via HDMI. However, I'm driving down the shore tonight with my dad to fish tomorrow where he doesn't even have cable TV.. guess what? I'm going to plug my phone with 32 gig SD card into his TV and I have a bunch of movies we can choose from...pretty cool

Blue6IX

May 20, 2011
It's built from a de-odexed stock doubleshot base.

Stock kernel settings for clock speed and voltage.

--------

TV out was actually what prompted me to buy this phone.

Don't forget about the video game aspect of TV out.

Playing some of the android games on a bigger screen, or using the device as an interactive controller is really nice in a lot of cases.

Wait until we solve the kernel limitation for bluetooth controllers - it'll take gaming on the doubleshot to a whole new level ( where it should have been stock, in my opinion )

Meantime game emulators are passable on the device.

This ROM is the first step in all the kernel work I'm about to get lost in.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bulletproof_Doubleshot.png

Ready to Bulletproof your myTouch 4g Slide, a.k.a "the Doubleshot"?

S-OFF devices only - S-ON UNLOCKED will not have a fully working ROM.

*Please read the entire post before downloading / flashing.
    **See Post 2 for more information and links to updates through the thread.

Custom kernels now available - see post 2 for more information. ( 03-04-2012 )

Post 300 - Bloater update 12/17/2011

New in 1.1!
    • Kidzone icon hidden!
    • More Rosie tweaks!
    • Colored menu buttons!
    • Custom lock rings!
    • Major graphical overhaul!
    • Clutter cleanup - leaner, quicker, and more stable!
    • ...and more - see post 186 for more details before flashing.

What is Bulletproof?
    • A stable, daily-driver ROM...
    • That is Sense-based, keeping the features you love...
    • With the HTC security flaws fixed...
    • ...and the HTC camera app, with increased .jpg quality.
    • Also includes screenshot enabled with Power + Home.
    • Plus a stock kernel compiled by Romanbb.
    • ...and much, much more!

Goodies:
    • Bloater - Restore removed stock apps, remove ones you don't want!
      Bloater Updated for Bulletproof!!
    • Improved overall UI smoothness.
    • TV-out enabled.
    • GPS enhanced.
    • Busybox with runparts (init.d support).
    • Bash command & nano editor.
    • EXT 4 optimizations.
    • Rooted, unsecure boot.img.
    • SD readahead set to 2048 (optimum).
    • Includes extended power menu & quick settings.
    • Quick-quick settings option (automatically turn to settings when no notifications to clear).
    • Custom Extended settings with an extra Ringtone slider.
    • Hide any extended settings you don't want!
    • Ability to hide recent apps in pulldown! (hidden by default).
    • Center clock!
    • Clock options (colors/am pm settings/hide).
    • Signal options (color/dbm text/hide).
    • Battery options (text/automagically colored text based on battery level/hide icon).

Documents:
    • T-Mobile tethering instructions from original sdcard in docx form in /data/reference
    • MT4GS User Manual in PDF form in /data/reference

Animations:
    • CRT Animations! (with ability to toggle which you want, screen on/off)
    • Boot animation!
    • More fun stuff!

Key mapping:
    • Front-face:
    • Genius button remapped to search.
    • 1 - Short press for search.
    • 2 - Long press for Voice control of phone.
    • Hardware Keyboard:
    • Home = Up Arrow.
    • Menu = Down Arrow.
    • Back = Left Arrow.
    • Genius = Right Arrow.

Future Additions:
    • Custom boot splash.
    • Custom down animation.
    • Re-skin stock apps (Thanks T-Mo ... we just love that pink).
    • Safely re-enabling Groups tab (preferred), otherwise removal.
    • Elimination of Kidzone.
    • Update Adobe Flash.
    • ...To be announced.

Bugs:
    • Groups messaging non-functional.
    • Default theme not finished.
    • Big weather widget does not display current temperature.
    • ? Tell me if you find something.

Flaws:

1 - Hardware Video Decoding.
    The doubleshot is flawed on hardware video decoding. It works mostly fine on the device itself, however when outputting to a TV it skips, lags, and generally does not work well.

I have included Mobo Player in the ROM, which has an option to enable "Soft Decoding" by default in the app settings. Enabling this will solve all problems when playing video on a TV.

The Doubleshot is more then machine enough to soft-decode video and multi-task other operations at the same time. Use it's abilities to enjoy your experience.

See Post 89 for more info.

Caution:

1 - Titanium Backup:
    Removed from ROM. It was causing problems with users restoring data from prior Bulletproof installs. Please do not restore backups from previous Bulletproof installs. Start fresh here & now.

2 - Flashing a custom ROM, or rooting your phone in general means denying any official manufacturer updates from that point forward.

* - Please do not try to install any OTA (Over The Air) updates after flashing this (or any other) ROM.

3 - Please refrain from flashing any ROMs while in a moving vehicle, and try not to handle the device while flashing/booting/loading the first time. Causing the accelerometer and other sensors to activate could lead to a buggy install.​

RAM
    Romanbb:
    I've seen lots of users complain about how little RAM some ROMs have. RAM does not mean speed. It does not determine how fast a ROM is. It simply means how many apps you can have open at once without Android having to close another one. Have you ever filled up the amount of RAM your device allows?

Android is built to use RAM efficiently. Let it handle it. Don't worry about RAM. This ROM has about 190mb free running the Sense launcher out of the box. The more apps you have installed the less that number becomes over time. Don't pay so much attention to it and just enjoy your phone.

Blue6IX:
    Task killers. Don't use them. If you use a task killer, please do not report bugs in the ROMs function.

If Android needs more RAM, it will free up RAM. Using a task killer prevents apps from closing properly and saving their data. This leads to corruption of data, and eventually force closes and other issues.

Friends don't let friends use task killers.

Change Log
    Code:
    [u][B][SIZE="4"]Bloater[/SIZE][/B][/u] - December 17th, 2011.
    - Added Stock Widgets
    - Added 'Get More' Widgets
    - See [url="http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20390031&postcount=300"]Post 300[/url] for more information.

[u][B][SIZE="4"]1.1[/SIZE][/B][/u] - December 13th, 2011.
    - Many stock icons hued.
    - Color menus added.
    - Default system theme got a major start.
    - Lots of graphical changes...
    - Some apps updated.
    - Removed last of the stock apps coming out. 
    (without good reason to remove others)
    - Removed misc. clutter (fonts, libs, etc...)
    - Kidzone icon hidden!
    - Manufacturer updates/feedback fully disabled.
    - See [url="http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20255928&postcount=186"]Post 186[/url] for more info.

[u][B][SIZE="4"]1.0[/SIZE][/B][/u] - November 24th, 2011.
    - Security fix.
    - Text field fix.
    - TV-out fix.
    - GPS tweak.
    - Key mappings.
    - Apps.
    - Optimizations.
    - Boot animation.
    - Titanium Backup removed - was causing problems with users.

[U]Romanbb's change log:[/U]

[u][B][SIZE="4"]0.2.2[/SIZE][/B][/u]
    - fix FC when pressing enter on certain fields

[u][B][SIZE="4"]0.2.1[/SIZE][/B][/u]
    - fix FC on fields that have auto-completion/suggestions

[u][B][SIZE="4"]0.2 - Oct 8[/SIZE][/B][/u]
    [LIST]
    [*]Added overscroll animations
    [*]Added screenshot with power + home & toggle for it in Tweaks
    [*]Added advanced power menu
    [*]Added Android lockscreen
    [*]Added my Honeycomb lockscreen
    [*]I think that's it for this version
    [*]changed screenshot location to /sdcard/screenshots
    [*](depink coming in next version I guess)
    [/LIST]

[u][B][SIZE="4"]0.1 - Sep 27[/SIZE][/B][/u]
    -initial release

Credits

-Romanbb - Initial ROM, much help and patience (Thanks!!)
    -Cyanogenmod
    -dsixda - HTC kitchen which makes things so easy for us!
    -MoDaCo - CWM & initial base (thank you paul!)
    -MMoodyB - Graphic

-XDA community at large for the wealth of information and help provided!

Notable:
    -siani_8 - enabled uploading! ~ Thanks!

Testers:

-DistrictDigital
    -siani_8

Developers not mentioned above:

-Geek Software Technology Inc. For permission to include File Expert with the Bulletproof distribution.
    -ttxapps For permission to include WiFi ADB with the Bulletproof distribution.

Install Instructions
    1. Make sure you are using Official Clockworkmod 5.0.2.7
    2. Make a nandroid backup. Losing 10 minutes of your life is easier to cope with than losing a phone ;)
    3. Download, copy to SD card.
    4. Reboot into recovery.
    5. Install ROM from zip.
    6. Reboot, wait 10 minutes (NOT a suggestion).
    7. Perform on-screen setup.
    8. Wait another 5 minutes, reboot, Enjoy!

Install Notes:

1 - I have handled all cleanup of any prior ROM install, simply flash and go over any prior ROM install with no extra steps necessary for a clean install every time.

2 - You must wait 10 minutes after first install for the ROM to finish installing itself in the background once it fully boots. Android is built to serve you, the user, ahead of itself. If you tell it to do something, it will break itself trying to serve you. Allow it to finish installing itself, even though you can't see it working. If you choose not to you will have a buggy install.

3 - Install will take some time, your phone did not freeze. First boot will also take longer, please have patience.

4 - Please review my Backup Guide to learn about making backups.

5 - After completing on-screen setup of your device, I recommend giving it another few minutes to settle and then rebooting into recovery to make a nandroid backup of your new, fresh Bulletproof installation.

6 - Market Problems:
    **If you get the "insiffucient space" error when trying to download an app, reboot to recovery and wipe cache through Clockworkmod. Should get you all squared away.

Download

Bulletproof 1.1
    md5 = 91487baf6b45f26825d4ecc43486fc55
    --------
    Bulletproof 1.0
    md5 = 81875e26d5d9427d9ecd66dcb8f3a743

Note: - Please test thoroughly before use in a business sense. The time to find unexpected problems is before you need to depend on the device.

Mods & Addons

Key Mappings:
    Please see Post 274 for how to use actual search with the Genius button.

ATT USERS - GPS Patch:

Colored Lock Rings:
    Pictures at the bottom of Post 186

Batman Lock Rings:
    Pictures in Post 278

Domo Lock Ring:
    Picture in Post 499

Misc. Lock Rings:
    Pictures in Post 278

Follow up information & history of Bulletproof:

What version of Bulletproof am I on?
    Check by going to Settings->About Phone->Software information and look under Mod Version

--------

Official Clockworkmod Recovery found at: http://www.clockworkmod.com/

--------

If anyone would like to start playing with custom kernels for Bulletproof 1.1, please see this link below:

doubleshot kernel project OC/UV

You will find Bulletproof compatible stock HTC, undervolt and overclock kernels.

Custom kernel management:
    Installing custom kernels:

• [1] - Download the kernel zip file to your sdcard.
      [2] - Flash through clockworkmod recovery just like a ROM.
    • - If you do not know how to do this, you should learn how to flash ROMs before moving on to kernels.
    SetCPU
    • - SetCPU is an app that lets you regulate the clock speed of your device. ( and more! )
    • - Check out the app in the XDA News page, and then check out the Dev thread.
    • - Consider donating and buying the market app to support the developer if you really use the app.
    WARNING:
    Installing an Overclock kernel on your device could have negative physical consequences (Read: broken hardware) if misused/abused.

Please educate yourself on what overclocking does and how you can melt your processor.

You proceed at your own risk and any damage that may result is the sole responsibility of the end user.​

Bloater:

Bloater is ONLINE and updated as of December 17th, 2011.
    Function of Bloater:
    • Add or Remove stock apps!
    • Customize your installation just the way you want it!
    • Add in anything removed from the Stock ROM by Bulletproof!
    • Now includes widgets individually!

Bloater: MT4GS Menu
    • Live Wallpapers.
    • Themes
    • Stock and HTC Apps
    • T-Mobile Apps
    • 3rd-Party Apps
    • Widgets

See Post 300 for more information.

Groups messaging:

The app DoubleshotAndroidZipgroups_06-15_V1.0b13935.apk, as per this thread: Shocker on my last phone bill, malware in rom? has been determined to be the problem that *some* people were having with getting billed for international texts they never sent nor received.

For the benefit of all, and to err on the side of caution, this app has been removed from the ROM. There was not time before the release to remove the user interface option from the ROM, or figure out how to enable it safely.

For the time being, please accept this concession of incompleteness in order to get the rest of the ROM in people's hands to play with.

Bulletproof 1.0:

Bulletproof is a ROM that is the brainchild of Romanbb. I would like to single out this developer as a shining example of what a developer at XDA should be. He releases code that isn't just slapped together and thrown out there, but rather takes his time to get things right, and labors for long hours on small things, those details that are so important and oft ignored in general.

He displays a level of patience, helpfulness and contributes much more to XDA then the code he writes. I should hope to live up to the example he sets for us all.

He has moved on to new projects beyond the doubleshot (MT4GS) and i'm sure we all wish him well in his endeavors, I know I do. I thank him for allowing me to pick up where he left off, and appreciate the solid ground he gave me to stand on - both with the code left behind and direction to start working with it.

I also thank him for not spoon-feeding me every answer, and forcing me to exercise my brain by pointing me in a direction, but leaving me to find the answers on my own. The hardest part of being a teacher is NOT giving your student the answer, and instead teaching them how to arrive at the answer on their own.

Link to original Bulletproof release thread.

--------

Bulletproof to me is first and foremost a ROM to use as a basis for my next project, which is delving into kernel modification for the doubleshot. Incidentally, this is also another project Romanbb started us on over here in the MT4GS forums.

I need a solid, stable platform to test my kernel work in. I don't want to waste time guessing if a problem was from a kernel, or from the ROM itself. I have learned quite a bit about Bulletproof, and while it still holds a few surprises for me, there aren't many left to uncover.

As a tangential bonus to users of the doubleshot, this should be a solid daily-driver ROM to use on your phone, when you just want a Sense-based ROM to work and not have to deal with broken things as you use the phone in your daily life.

This is no slight against any other developers, and I could not have put this out without a monumental amount of help from Romanbb, the XDA community at large, and many members here in the MT4GS forums (and some not) who may or may not realize how they have helped me. This really is a community achievement, and the credit rests not on any one persons shoulders.

As with most software, it could always be better - and there are still issues to be resolved, though none that will inhibit stable usage of the device or ROM (to my knowledge). Please stay tuned for future improvements.

Support:

I will support this ROM to the fullest extent of my capabilites.

That being said, please understand something about my life. I work a very random schedule. Sometimes I have a week or more off at a time, other times I put in a 90+ hour work week between two jobs.

Some of you may have noticed by now that when I am here, I go into great depth with my postings and spend a significant amount of time writing up guides, answers and questions.

The trade-off is that when i'm not able to be here, I am like a ghost.

Please do not ever think I have left the community. XDA is my home on the internet, and rarely do I go elsewhere in my free time anymore - unless it is to look something up to use here. I have been very passionately involved with computers for most of my life, and there is no other place like XDA on the internet anywhere.

I really need people's patience if I am in a period where I cannot spend much time on the forums. Believe me, I would rather be here then anywhere else if given the choice. I have a wonderful Lady in my life, and am trying to start a family - so please understand that I will give any and all time I can.

Where we go from here:

1 - Overclock kernel. Incremental kernel CPU clock speed increase until we reach 1.5 stable.

2 - Undervolt kernel. Incrementel voltage decrease until lowest stable voltage achieved from 1.5 CPU clock speed.

3 - Careful, cautious incrementation of CPU clock speed above the manufacturers rated 1.5, emphasis on stability.

The kernel work is honestly the primary drive behind what Bulletproof 1.0 is. I intend to lay out a very in-depth explanation of how and what was done for a majority of the kernel work I do after I get it working. I feel the discovery and sharing of this information will be a great service to the XDA community.

It also has the benefit of being able to teach others who have a doubleshot how to work on kernels, and then team kernel projects become a reality. I hope that some of you out there are interested in working with me in the future, because CPU speed and voltage are but a tiny fraction of what the kernel is about.

--------

More information forthcoming....
    Bulletproof 1.1

Bulletproof 1.1

Overview:
    • Kidzone icon hidden!
    • Re-hued many stock icons, eliminated much T-Mo pink and HTC Blue. Brought the color in tune with the flavor of the ROM.
    • Changed much of the blue Sense highlights/coloring to the ROM color for the system default theme.
    • Brought some color to the drab menu icons - hit the menu hardware key to see the changes throughout your system.
    • Custom lockrings.
    • Rosie tweaks and optimizations.
    • Browser tweaks.
    • System default start scripts reworked.
    • Some un-needed lib files cleaned up.
    • Some stock apps removed (get back through Bloater if desired)

Apps updated:
    • File Expert
    • Mobo Player
    • Terminal Emulator
      --------
    • Gmail
    • Maps

Goodies:
    • Custom lockrings! <- New to the MT4GS ~ !
    • 'Stock' Bulletproof lockring is now Green, however i've also made flashable-zip patches to switch to Red, Orange, Yellow, Blue and Purple, as well as back to the Bulletproof-stock Green...or also to a Bulletproof Grey and lastly back to Stock Sense if desired.
    • See the first post under 'Mods' for links.

--------
    • Default system theme: Color scheme mostly set, including highlights, presses, text fields and so on.
    • Most stock icons hued to green to compliment the default theme.
    • Slowly removing T-Mo pink & Sense blue, giving Bulletproof it's own personality.
    • Default theme incomplete, but a lot is done.
    • Stock themes back in!
    • Changed the icon on the AOSP calculator from 1.0

--------
    • Custom colored menu icons! <- New to the MT4GS ~ !
    • Bored with that drab grey? Look no further as this ROM has started to blaze a trail into colored happiness. Greyscale is so ... last century.
    • Press your hardware menu button in different apps to see the new colors!

--------
    • Kidzone & Camcorder Icons hidden in Rosie app drawer!
    • First-boot home screens set up for default widgets and shortcuts.
    • Stock browser default now hides status bar after page loads. Press menu to get it back so you can get to the pulldown menu.

--------
    • OTA updates fully disabled.
    • System crash reports to HTC disabled - app in control was gone in 1.0

Documents:
    • GNU-GPL in txt form in /data/reference

Bugs:
    • Stock theme incomplete.
    • Big Weather widget doesn't display current temperature.
    • ? Tell me if you find something.

Caution:

- Due to the level of customization and tweaking that has been done to Rosie.apk directly, using the Rosie.apk from this ROM in any other is strongly recommended against.

- Due to the dependence of the rest of Bulletproof on the changes made to Rosie.apk, using a Rosie.apk from another ROM in this one is also strongly recommended against.

- We are quickly moving past the point of being able to mix and match pieces of this ROM with any other in a drag-and-drop fashion.

--------

- Using an alternative launcher from the market should not be an issue, though Bulletproof is centered around using the Sense launcher ( Rosie.apk ).

- Going further and uninstalling Rosie.apk will certainly undo some of the customizations beyond Rosie.apk itself. If you choose to run a non-stock launcher, leave the Sense launcher installed for best results. Resources in Rosie.apk are called on by other aspects of the ROM.

Stuff Removed:

Fonts:
    • ARDJ-KK.ttf
    • gcsh00d-hkscs.ttf
    • HelveticaNeueLTPro35Th.ttf
    • HelveticaNeueOTS.ttf
    • ucsh00d_c.ttf

Graphics:
    • /system/etc/slideshow/ directory removed.
    • /system/customize/resource/ Stock browser bookmark graphics.

Apps:
    • AppSharing.apk
    • desktopPointer-signed-v6.apk
    • GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk
    • htcmailwidgets3d.apk
    • HtcPhotoWidget.apk
    • LMIRescue.apk
    • LMIRescueSecurity.apk
    • Mail.apk
    • MediaRoom.apk
    • Mode10Wallpapers.apk
    • picasapryramid.apk
    • PolarisOffice.apk
    • swmc.apk
    • TmobileAndroidDeviceCarbon-c42-n123.apk
    • TmoVVM.apk
    • ZinioSettingsProvider.v2.03.3198.TMobile.Smartphone.apk

...and other misc. files removed.

...other small changes unlisted...

RAM
    • Looking at 225 - 250 MB free RAM after fresh install and first reboot.
    • Fully one-third the total RAM on the system is free and waiting for you to use it on a fresh install.

Note: Friends don't let friends use task killers.

Backups:

• It is highly recommended to start fresh on 1.1
    • The changes made to the ROM are quite plentiful, after really digging into the code I was able to see what all the changes I needed/wanted to make were.
    • This is a big change from 1.0, that was a test of pre-1.0 fixes and what I thought was our starting point, turns out this actually is after having gotten deeper in it.
    • IF someone wants to try to use a backup app to save their data, I make no promises on the ROM running right thereafter restoring backups from 1.0 to 1.1
    • Knowing people will try, despite my advice to the contrary, you can possibly minimize the damage by following these guidelines:

Using whatever backup app you think will work for you, you should be able to restore data to these apps if you want to re-install them with Bloater:

• AppSharing.apk
    • desktopPointer-signed-v6.apk
    • GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk
    • htcmailwidgets3d.apk
    • LMIRescue.apk
    • LMIRescueSecurity.apk
    • Mail.apk
    • MediaRoom.apk
    • Mode10Wallpapers.apk
    • picasapryramid.apk
    • PolarisOffice.apk
    • TmobileAndroidDeviceCarbon-c42-n123.apk
    • TmoVVM.apk

Do not restore any backup data to any of the following apps I have changed:
    • Calculator
    • Calendar
    • HTCAlbum ( Sense gallery - media on the sdcard is okay. )
    • Browser Bookmark Widgets
    • Clock3dWidget
    • Contacts ( should re-sync through Google. )
    • FMRadio
    • Lockscreen settings.
    • Music
    • Soundrecorder ( Audio files on the sdcard are fine. )
    • Messaging ( Mms. )
    • Rosie ( Sense launcher. )
    • Settings ( custom settings preferences - system. )
    • Talk ( Google talk data. )
    • WidgetDownloadManager
    • Worldclock ( clock settings. )

...or anything dialer/phone.apk related.

--------

Also do not restore any backup data for apps that use com.htc.resources.apk or framework-res.apk framework files for resources, or you will be glitchy.

Any apps not listed should be fine to restore backup data from. Because of the scope of this update, I can't promise that is true though.

The problems come in when you restore data to an app I changed, if I didn't mess with it backups shouldn't be an issue.

Also read Post 254 where I quoted two people who have some helpful information for the brave souls who want to defy my recommendation and try anyway. If their words have helped you, please click the little arrow next to their name at the top of the quote and thank their post.

Starting here and moving forward, you should be able to use the backup app of your choice without issues, starting from fresh backups made from this 1.1 install.

As always, make a nandroid backup and move it off the phone to another storage location before flashing anything.

With one you can always go back, without one you are stuck where you are.

Hope you all enjoy 1.1 ~!

Install Instructions
    1. Make sure you are using Official Clockworkmod 5.0.2.7
    2. Make a nandroid backup. Losing 10 minutes of your life is easier to cope with than losing a phone ;)
    3. Download, copy to SD card.
    4. Reboot into recovery.
    5. Install ROM from zip.
    6. Reboot, wait 10 minutes (NOT a suggestion).
    7. Perform on-screen setup.
    8. Enjoy!

Install Notes:

1 - I have handled all cleanup of any prior ROM install, simply flash and go over any prior ROM install with no extra steps necessary for a clean install every time.

2 - You must wait 10 minutes after first install for the ROM to finish installing itself in the background once it fully boots. Android is built to serve you, the user, ahead of itself. If you tell it to do something, it will break itself trying to serve you. Allow it to finish installing itself, even though you can't see it working. If you choose not to you will have a buggy install.

3 - Install will take some time, your phone did not freeze. First boot will also take longer, please have patience.

4 - Please review my Backup Guide to learn about making backups.

5 - After completing on-screen setup of your device, I recommend giving it another few minutes to settle and then rebooting into recovery to make a nandroid backup of your new, fresh Bulletproof installation.

6 - Market Problems:
    **If you get the "insiffucient space" error when trying to download an app, reboot to recovery and wipe cache through Clockworkmod. Should get you all squared away.

Download

Bulletproof 1.1
    md5 = 91487baf6b45f26825d4ecc43486fc55
    --------
    Bulletproof 1.0
    md5 = 81875e26d5d9427d9ecd66dcb8f3a743

Note: - I will be leaving the 1.0 Download up for a time in case anyone wants to continue to use it.

Note 2: - Please test thoroughly before use in a business sense. The time to find unexpected problems is before you need to depend on the device.

Mods & Addons

( Links reproduced here for convenience - See first post under Mods & Addons for the full list of mods. )

Lockrings.png

Colored Lock Rings:
    C'mon guys, let's not do this here, it's hard enough for me to keep up right now without having to sort through stuff like this. Let's just let it go and move on.

--------

I'll take a look at the lockscreen stuff when I get the chance.
    Happy New Years!

I'm on the east coast so it hit already.

I haven't read through, but saw some of the recent comments - thanks, and I haven't gone away.

I got my hands on a cast off desktop from someone who upgraded, and have finally gotten a shell to put my desktop burner in.

I took advantage of the christmas sales and bought a ton of optical media, and spent the last week moving data around and sorting out a long time coming mess.

I spent the last week burning discs, I've committed just over a terabyte of data to media and actually have some disk space again, without having to decide what I'm getting rid of to move forward.

Starting the new year with a new workstation, and even though it's older I can still get a lot of use out of it and it alleviates a whole lot of stress in my dev area.

I've got it partitioned, installed and imaged in several configurations, and am using it to finish getting the rest of my data off of my working media and on to the storage kind. Give me a few days to finish up and I'll be working much more productively then before.

I didn't realize the time drifted by that much, got wrapped up in my offline project - almost all set to fall back in to it.

I've been generating a lot of documentation as I go, which I'll start seeding soon.

I'll also get all the graphics organized and uploaded as soon as I can - what I'm doing now kind of got in the way of everything else.

Hope you are all bringing in the new year well wherever you are when it hits - 2012 is hitting the ground running and it's gonna be a great year!