MJ7 rom status?

Search This thread

sage55

Sep 15, 2010
Last I checked there wasn't a way to use any custom ROMs on a Verizon S4 running MJ7. Is this still the case?

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
Are you saying that just to get my hopes up? :D

I have root. Are there any good tuturials on how to install safestrap and what ROMs I can use?

Thanks!

Hyperdrive 12 is really your only viable roms...Some others are coming online. There are couple threads you would need to read. I'm sure some you tube videos are out. I did a guide in general section that gives a good idea of what to do.

safestrap enabled, Hyperdrive driven

Reactions: sage55

sage55

Sep 15, 2010
Can I go ahead and install the latest MK2 update and still do Safestrap and HH?

If so I'm assuming I'll need to remove root, yes?

Reactions: decaturbob

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Can I go ahead and install the latest MK2 update and still do Safestrap and HH?

If so I'm assuming I'll need to remove root, yes?

Yea you can update to mk2 to be able to take the ota you need to unroot and get rid of any xposed mods you may have and or restore anything you may have frozen using tibu.

If that still doesn't work you may have to Odin back to whatever your Current version is then take the ota

Then root using saferoot method and install Safestrap and you're off to the races.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

sage55

Sep 15, 2010
Hyperdrive 12 is really your only viable roms...Some others are coming online. There are couple threads you would need to read. I'm sure some you tube videos are out. I did a guide in general section that gives a good idea of what to do.

safestrap enabled, Hyperdrive driven

I could have sworn I seen a thread after I was updating to MK2 how to install HyperDrive on MJ7/MK2 but have lost it now. Do you happen to know of the thread or a tutorial on how to get HyperDrive installed now that I'm running MK2 and rooted with Safestrape installed?

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
I could have sworn I seen a thread after I was updating to MK2 how to install HyperDrive on MJ7/MK2 but have lost it now. Do you happen to know of the thread or a tutorial on how to get HyperDrive installed now that I'm running MK2 and rooted with Safestrape installed?

You just create a rom slot then flash the Hyperdrive zip plus the mk2 modules.. Then reboot and you're good.

Be sure you download the Hyperdrive for SS zip.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts