Has sony abandoned xperia l?

Search This thread

flameonfzn

Sep 28, 2012
kota, rajasthan
Hii, sorry i searched for a thread like this but didn't found one, so if there is a thread already existing like this i apologize for that_
I wanted to ask that has sony abandoned xperia l? so many days but still no news for an android 4.3 update, let alone 4.4_
No stable aosp roms like cyanogen or aokp.. Will it stay like this or what? Does somebody have any news?
My previous phone was samsung galaxy y, which is a low end phone but it has a hell lot of roms and even when the device is discontinued the roms are still developing_i think xperia l has potential.. Can't it support roms like cyanogen (official stable version) ? Hell even xperia m got one, which has only 4gb of internal_
If somebody have any kind of news please reply.. m sick and tired of checking the updates daily_

Sent from my C2104 using Tapatalk

ShinOrochiX

Mar 7, 2012
London
Xperia L Future?

Hi

I feel the same for the Xperia L, Sony hasn't given an update schedule for it, there are is no news/rumour on either 4.3 or 4.4 for the Xperia L furthermore although we are backed by official CM support the maintainer is a bit quiet in terms of progress, what makes it worse is that the phone is not that popular especially with the SP overshadowing it.

With my previous phones (Xperia X10 mini pro, Xperia X8 & Live with Walkman) the XDA forums were so full of ROMs/mods/everything you would want-they only got better for me. But with the Xperia L it all feels dead - I reckon mostly because of Sony's lack of info on updates-no one wants a phone that has no good update outlook.

I hope that Sony will update our beloved Xperia L to a stable Kit-Kat, not asking for anymore-the phone does deserve it, beautiful hardware at a nice price.

Navneet Suresh

Jun 25, 2013
/Universe/Earth/India/
Yea

Hi

I feel the same for the Xperia L, Sony hasn't given an update schedule for it, there are is no news/rumour on either 4.3 or 4.4 for the Xperia L furthermore although we are backed by official CM support the maintainer is a bit quiet in terms of progress, what makes it worse is that the phone is not that popular especially with the SP overshadowing it.

With my previous phones (Xperia X10 mini pro, Xperia X8 & Live with Walkman) the XDA forums were so full of ROMs/mods/everything you would want-they only got better for me. But with the Xperia L it all feels dead - I reckon mostly because of Sony's lack of info on updates-no one wants a phone that has no good update outlook.

I hope that Sony will update our beloved Xperia L to a stable Kit-Kat, not asking for anymore-the phone does deserve it, beautiful hardware at a nice price.

Hii, sorry i searched for a thread like this but didn't found one, so if there is a thread already existing like this i apologize for that_
I wanted to ask that has sony abandoned xperia l? so many days but still no news for an android 4.3 update, let alone 4.4_
No stable aosp roms like cyanogen or aokp.. Will it stay like this or what? Does somebody have any news?
My previous phone was samsung galaxy y, which is a low end phone but it has a hell lot of roms and even when the device is discontinued the roms are still developing_i think xperia l has potential.. Can't it support roms like cyanogen (official stable version) ? Hell even xperia m got one, which has only 4gb of internal_
If somebody have any kind of news please reply.. m sick and tired of checking the updates daily_

I too owned Samsung Galaxy Y. It was a very low end device but had many developments. I bought XL due to cost/performance ratio was good. Unfortunately there is so slow development :rolleyes:

ImTooNoob

Jul 4, 2013
Sony has no reason to update our phone since it's a mid-range device. That's why we didn't get 4.3 or 4.4.

Sent from my C2104 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Aerkhanite

Jan 25, 2014
I don't think Sony has abandoned the Xperia L just yet, honestly.
Perhaps they'll release 4.3/4.4.2 for it someday, but be honest: most people buy the flagship models with their contracts (Z, Z Ultra, Z1, Z2) so they prioritize those.

flameonfzn

Sep 28, 2012
kota, rajasthan
I checked the list of devices which sony has confirmed won't be getting any updates anymore_xperia l isn't in the list..
But it occurs to me that xperia sp and xperia m were launched with xperia l (xperia m a little after i think) but the phones have received major updates_this thought troubles me..
But we can't do nothing.. we just have to be hopeful and wait for the updates i think
Unless some superhero makes the aosp version stable for us_

flameonfzn

Sep 28, 2012
kota, rajasthan
Sony has no reason to update our phone since it's a mid-range device. That's why we didn't get 4.3 or 4.4.

Sent from my C2104 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yeah.. i think no official updates are going to happen_but xperia m is the same, a much on the lesser hand i think but still somebody developed a freaking cyanogen 11 for it! :(

Steins Gate

Feb 13, 2014

well, there's no official statement from sony about dropping the support for xperia L and it's still within the 18 months cycle. So, who knows?:fingers-crossed:
can only speculate whether there will be another update or not, but it's just speculations, so . . .
no one but sony can answer "has sony abandoned xperia l?" :D

other roms like cm, aokp, etc has nothing to do with sony, it depends on the community :victory:
the official cm is currently in "coming soon" section in fxp :victory:
sony had supported the open resource project by giving the kitkat aosp for xperia L i guess..
eventhough it's not good enough for daily use :crying:

btw i check the updates of the development daily too :D

well, since there's ptcrb updates on xperia M and it's still within 18 months policy
finger crossed :angel:

flameonfzn

Sep 28, 2012
kota, rajasthan
well, there's no official statement from sony about dropping the support for xperia L and it's still within the 18 months cycle. So, who knows?:fingers-crossed:
can only speculate whether there will be another update or not, but it's just speculations, so . . .
no one but sony can answer "has sony abandoned xperia l?" :D

other roms like cm, aokp, etc has nothing to do with sony, it depends on the community :victory:
the official cm is currently in "coming soon" section in fxp :victory:
sony had supported the open resource project by giving the kitkat aosp for xperia L i guess..
eventhough it's not good enough for daily use :crying:

btw i check the updates of the development daily too :D

well, since there's ptcrb updates on xperia M and it's still within 18 months policy
finger crossed :angel:

Well nothing you said was news to me and i know that aokp and cyanogen has nothing to do with sony_ lol

Top Liked Posts