Stock International Boot/Shutdown animation & Sound - Remove T-Mobile Boot Logo

Search This thread

santidoo

Dec 18, 2012
Will this also work on Galaxy S3 LTE (GT-9305) ?

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

OK, I tried myself. The boot & shutdown animations worked perfectly

Last edited:

ffstudios

Jun 1, 2014
Who made the zip file in the OP? I certainly hope it wasn't the same person who wrote this thread because I cannot fathom what it would take to add superfluous files to something like this and then hardly have any section in your post that mentions them. What are the shutdown.qmg and shutdown.qmg.cover files doing in there if we aren't supposed to transfer them?

EDIT: Also, they didn't work at all for me.
EDIT2: Had to restore phone to get the lock button working again. A word of advice to OP: try debugging your files before releasing them to people publicly. Thanks.

Last edited:
Who made the zip file in the OP? I certainly hope it wasn't the same person who wrote this thread because I cannot fathom what it would take to add superfluous files to something like this and then hardly have any section in your post that mentions them. What are the shutdown.qmg and shutdown.qmg.cover files doing in there if we aren't supposed to transfer them?

EDIT: Also, they didn't work at all for me.
EDIT2: Had to restore phone to get the lock button working again. A word of advice to OP: try debugging your files before releasing them to people publicly. Thanks.

The zip file is not supposed to be flashed in case you didn't already know. I've been using this bootanimation, after reading the instructions in the OP, and not had any problems. If you didn't flash them, and copied them like you were supposed to, then perhaps the shutdown files are to blame. I don't know, I just came back here if there was an explanation for those. Did you copy the shutdowns and set their permissions correctly and THEN have an issue?

rfb813

May 15, 2012
Winter Garden, FL
Used the OP zip file, followed the instructions and removed the T-Mobile boot and shutdown animations. Works great . Don't forget to set the permissions, very important!

miro666

Jul 1, 2007
Osijek
Used the OP zip file, followed the instructions and removed the T-Mobile boot and shutdown animations. Works great . Don't forget to set the permissions, very important!

How I can remove T-Mobile shutdown animation and souns? I tried all atahed files in this thread and I cannot got original Samsung shutdown animation and sound. Can somebody attached this "qmg" and "ogg" files ?

Thanks forwarding

Regards

miro666

Jul 1, 2007
Osijek
How I can remove T-Mobile shutdown animation and souns? I tried all atahed files in this thread and I cannot got original Samsung shutdown animation and sound. Can somebody attached this "qmg" and "ogg" files ?

Thanks forwarding

Regards

OK, once again, somebody help me:

How i can remove T-Mobile shutdown animation and sound, and excange with Samsung stock shutdown animation and sound? Boot animation and sound i was succefully make with OP instruction, but stay T mobile carrier shutdown animation and sound...

Anybody?

Thanks forwarding

Regards

Slickickmax

Jul 24, 2010
Philly
I'm going to assume that I am going to have to ROOT my phone in order to do this? :crying:

BTW If anyone wants a cool boot sound let me know and I will link it in dropbox.

It's Cerebro from X-men scanning and unlocking saying "welcome Professor"

overfloater

Dec 20, 2011
Late to the party but there seemed to be some confusion over what all the files in the OP's zip did, so here's a quick rundown (so you know what's safe to use or ignore). Bear in mind the OP's zip isn't intended to be flashable! Use Root Explorer or similar to manually copy/replace the files.

bootsamsung.qmg (MANDATORY)

Stock T-Mob: Animated, colorful Samsung "explosion" logo (black background)
International: Animated, colorful Samsung "explosion" logo (black background)

First startup animation. Identical for both the stock T-Mobile and International versions. You must have a bootsamsung.qmg file. If you do not, you will not be able to get a lockscreen again after the phone has booted and has been unlocked once, either by pressing the power button or by letting the screen timeout. (It also causes persistent brightness problems any time the screen dims, and it looks ugly as the initial post-boot lockscreen components render from black piece by piece, but those are hardly the main issues here!)​

bootsamsungloop.qmg (OPTIONAL)

Stock T-Mob: Static "T-Mobile 4G LTE" logo (white background)
International: Animated Samsung logo with particle effects (black background). A direct continuation of the bootsamsung.qmg animation

Second, optional startup animation. It will continue to loop after the first animation has finished until the phone has fully booted. If you delete bootsamsungloop.qmg, the phone will just continue to display the final frame of the first animation until it's fully booted.​

bootsamsungmini.qmg (OPTIONAL ??)

Alternate startup animation used when the S-View cover is in use. Sadly I don't have an S-View cover to test with, so I can't tell you what they look like. This is optional if you do not use an S-View cover (at least I can see no ill effects). However I don't know whether deleting this file will cause lockscreen problems if you do use an S-View cover.​

bootsamsungminiloop.qmg (OPTIONAL)

Similar to bootsamsungloop.qmg, this is a second, optional startup animation that plays after the first animation (bootsamsungmini.qmg) finishes when using an S-View cover. (Again, no S-View cover to test so I can't tell you what these look like, sorry.)​

shutdown.qmg

Stock T-Mob: Static, white Samsung logo followed by static T-Mobile logo screen (black background)
International: Animated, colorful Samsung "implosion" logo (black background). Almost a reverse of the International bootsamsung.qmg animation

Shutdown animation played during power off/reboot. Delete shutdown.qmg and you will simply get a popup notice reading "Power off. Shutting Down" overlaid on the home screen until the screen goes black and the device shuts down.​

shutdown.qmg.cover

I believe (not certain) that this is an alternate shutdown animation when using an S-View cover. No ill effects if you delete this file altogether (obviously, since this file doesn't even exist for the stock T-Mobile ROM).​

PowerOn.ogg (OPTIONAL)

Startup sound. Entirely optional, can be deleted for silent startup.​

PowerOff.ogg (OPTIONAL)

Shutdown sound. Entirely optional, can be deleted for silent shutdown.​

Last edited:
Late to the party but there seemed to be some confusion over what all the files in the OP's zip did, so here's a quick rundown (so you know what's safe to use or ignore). Bear in mind the OP's zip isn't intended to be flashable! Use Root Explorer or similar to manually copy/replace the files.

First startup animation. Identical for both the stock T-Mobile and International versions. You must have a bootsamsung.qmg file. If you do not, you will not be able to get a lockscreen again after the phone has booted and has been unlocked once, either by pressing the power button or by letting the screen timeout. (It also causes persistent brightness problems any time the screen dims, and it looks ugly as the initial post-boot lockscreen components render from black piece by piece, but those are hardly the main issues here!)​

International: Animated Samsung logo with particle effects (black background). A direct continuation of the bootsamsung.qmg animation

Second, optional startup animation. It will continue to loop after the first animation has finished until the phone has fully booted. If you delete bootsamsungloop.qmg, the phone will just continue to display the final frame of the first animation until it's fully booted.​

Alternate startup animation used when the S-View cover is in use. Sadly I don't have an S-View cover to test with, so I can't tell you what they look like. This is optional if you do not use an S-View cover (at least I can see no ill effects). However I don't know whether deleting this file will cause lockscreen problems if you do use an S-View cover.​

Similar to bootsamsungloop.qmg, this is a second, optional startup animation that plays after the first animation (bootsamsungmini.qmg) finishes when using an S-View cover. (Again, no S-View cover to test so I can't tell you what these look like, sorry.)​

shutdown.qmg

Stock T-Mob: Static, white Samsung logo followed by static T-Mobile logo screen (black background)
International: Animated, colorful Samsung "implosion" logo (black background). Almost a reverse of the International bootsamsung.qmg animation

Shutdown animation played during power off/reboot. Delete shutdown.qmg and you will simply get a popup notice reading "Power off. Shutting Down" overlaid on the home screen until the screen goes black and the device shuts down.​

shutdown.qmg.cover

I believe (not certain) that this is an alternate shutdown animation when using an S-View cover. No ill effects if you delete this file altogether (obviously, since this file doesn't even exist for the stock T-Mobile ROM).​

PowerOn.ogg (OPTIONAL)

PowerOff.ogg (OPTIONAL)

Excellent post. That helped me a lot.

I do have am S View cover. The file in the OP has the start up mini (I can't look it up right now so I can't remember the exact file name) is off center. So I copied all the files except that one. Now I have the full Samsung shut down and start up animation without any carrier animation. It works with or without the S View cover. It looks great!

Larsologie

Jan 19, 2011
Goes
Working smoothly on S5 SM-G901F

Brrrrilliant! Thank you, so much!
I was so utterly annoyed by that horrible sound and the fluffy pinks :p
Also this cleared the way to put my own PowerOn and PowerOff tunes in. Love it!
:highfive:

ShinySide

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 30, 2013
IHB

rjcarter3

Oct 9, 2010
Thanks very much for this. Do you know of any way to remove the Tmo splash screen on shutdown for the OCD among us?

dogmatism

Dec 20, 2006
My T-mobile s5 is rooted and this doesn't work. Has this in any way been updated or something? I'm running 5.0 rooted version.

I know you flashed the mod, it should work, as for WHY replacing with fileexplorer didnt work, you should change the "permissions" of all files you replace to rw-r-r (googlw that if you are new)

merlise

Dec 28, 2012
Thanks for posting this :)
I actually like the T-Mobile boot logo haha. I'm running a custom rom but hated the custom boot that came with it. After pulling the files from the stock rom I was able to use it instead of the custom one! Thank you C:

SupremeGrandRuler

Aug 6, 2016
My phone has no boot logo anymore. No samsung logo. :(
Also, after rebooting, my phone starts unlocked for a few seconds before it locks again. Oh and the sound doesn't play.
Shut Down restarts my phone as well. :(
I think it might have to do with me replacing the shutdown.qmg file? Not sure. I replaced it in system/media

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I personally hate the look of the T-Mobile boot/shutdown animations, so I extracted to stock animations from the international version of the phone. Just thought that I would share it here for anyone else who wanted to get rid to the T-Mobile boot/shutdown animation.

Adding Boot Animations

1. First, download a file explorer on your phone. I personally use Root Explorer, it costs a little but it worth every penny. A free one you can use is ES Explorer.

2. Navigate to system > media on your device. If you see files titled bootsamsung.qmg, bootsamsamsungloop.qmg, bootsamsungmini.qmg, and bootsansungminiloop.qmg then you are in the right area. If not, try again to find the right area.

3. Take only the bootsamsung.qmg, bootsamsamsungloop.qmg, bootsamsungmini.qmg, and bootsansungminiloop.qmg files from the zip attached to this post and paste them over the existing one.

If prompted by your file explorer, the permission of the files should be rw-rw-rw-

(Please note, if you want to save the stock files to restore them for any reason, replace the qmg on the stock files with XML)

Animation steps are completed!

Adding Boot Sound

For sound we are going to do pretty much the same thing

1. Navigate to System > Media > Audio > UI, if you see a bunch of files ending in .ogg, you're in the right area!

2. Replace the stock PowerOn.ogg with the one in the zip attached to this post.

(Please note, if you want to save the stock files to restore them for any reason, replace the ogg on the stock files with XML)

3. (optional) If you don't like the shut down sound on your device, delete the file title PowerOff.ogg

Reboot and enjoy!

Hopefully that helps out anyone who was having issues. Let me know if you have any other questions or concern!
    So, the startup animation/sound is working great (thank you!), but it's still T-Mobile sound for the shutdown. Do you happen to have the PowerOff.ogg from international version?

Also, I created a flashable .zip file for the stuff you provided, and a return-to-stock .zip also. If you can provide the file above, I can include it before sending them to you for posting here.

EDIT: I went ahead and posted it without any shutdown sound. The T-Mobile one will restore the original animations and the boot/shutdown sounds also.
    My T-mobile s5 is rooted and this doesn't work. Has this in any way been updated or something? I'm running 5.0 rooted version.

Flash this. Changes the bootanimation to the int' and kills the annoying boot sound. Keeps the tmo shut down tho since it isnt as goddy/annoying
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347795441

shutdown.qmg

shutdown.qmg.cover

PowerOn.ogg (OPTIONAL)

PowerOff.ogg (OPTIONAL)

Awesome, I am guessing that you would need a file explorer to do anything. Most people on here have recommended ES File explorer. Its free and does a lot of things, but does take some getting used to if your not real familiar with the file structure.

Hope this gets you started in make your phone truly YOURS. Gotta love Android.