FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][JB][02/28/2019] aospSX 1.0.9

76 posts
Thanks Meter: 95
 
Post Reply Email Thread
18th December 2018, 04:33 AM |#161  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steppnasty

1. Do you have s-off?
2. Can you capture a dmesg while the device is booting and attach it?

Yes I have s-off with eng hboot

And I'm not at all familiar with capturing logs, after researching on google the best I was able to do is this https://github.com/newbieornah/bootl...0last_kmsg.txt
I've tried capturing logs during boot but adb wouldn't recognize my device unless it was in recovery
Sorry if it's not what you asked for but I have little experience past rooting and flashing stuff to this phone
The Following User Says Thank You to newbieornah For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift newbieornah Ad-Free
 
 
19th December 2018, 12:48 AM |#162  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Something of note: I was able to get 1.0.8 to boot with kernels from earlier versions of the rom (specifically tested the ones from 1.0.5 and 1.0.4), with a fair share of bugs of course, including the inabilities to adjust screen brightness and turn on WiFi.
So maybe its a kernel issue?
25th December 2018, 07:15 PM |#163  
OP Member
Flag Washington D.C.
Thanks Meter: 95
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbieornah

Yes I have s-off with eng hboot

And I'm not at all familiar with capturing logs, after researching on google the best I was able to do is this https://github.com/newbieornah/bootl...0last_kmsg.txt
I've tried capturing logs during boot but adb wouldn't recognize my device unless it was in recovery
Sorry if it's not what you asked for but I have little experience past rooting and flashing stuff to this phone

First, thanks for the feedback. I apologize for the delay as I have not had much time to look into this.

If there is a kernel panic before the USB/adb driver is loaded, you wont be able to pull a dmesg that way. Pulling the /proc/last_kmsg off of the phone may be the only way to get the kernel log. Pulling the battery will wipe or corrupt the last_kmsg so its a little tricky to get it if you have a kernel panic and the phone reboots a few seconds into boot. You can try this trick that works for me.
This assumes the phone does a full reboot (screen goes black then "T-Mobile Mytouch 4G" logo appears) when it crashes:
1. Disconnect phone from computer.
2. Reboot phone.
3. Hold the volume down & power button when the phone powers down for a reboot in order to reboot into recovery without pulling the battery. (This is tricky as you have to hold both buttons before the phone boots again (Mytouch 4g logo) but after phone loses power.
If you see a bootsplash when the phone boots the kernel panic will cause the bootspash to freeze momentarily. After a few moments have passed you should see the bootsplash move a few more frames before the screen goes black. Hold both buttons when the screen goes black.
If you see the Mytouch 4g logo and then the screen goes black and stays that way for several seconds, you may have to hold the phone at an angle to see if the backlight is on and when it turns off. When you see the backlight shut off, hold both buttons.
3rd scenario is the Mytouch 4g logo stays up for a longer than normal amount of time then screen goes black for a second before the system boots again. Hold both buttons when screen goes black.
This can take several attempts to work.
4. Once you are in recovery mode, do this: adb pull /proc/last_kmsg

If you are unable to get this to work, try to get another log the same way you got the last one. Last one was partially corrupted and I wanted to validate one particular section that stood out to me.
Also if you could post a dmesg from the recovery and/or a dmesg from a boot using a 1.0.4 or 1.0.5 kernel.

Lastly, what recovery and version are you using?
5th February 2019, 09:39 AM |#164  
Zojak's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Dusted off my MT4G and flashed this rom. On 1.0.8 it would show the MyTouch 4G screen, go black then reboot.

1.0.7 and 1.0.6 did the same thing.
1.0.5 download was unavailable.
1.0.4 was able to boot.

My bootloader screen shows
GLACIER PVT ENG S-OFF
HBOOT-0.85.2007 (PD1510000)
MICROP-0429
RADIO-26.09.04.26_M
eMMC-boot
Oct 11 2010, 12:44:14

My recovery is ClockworkMod 5.8.1.0.

Here is last_kmsg from 1.0.4 after rebooting into recovery.
https://pastebin.com/raw/UWnhpVQZ

I haven't been able to boot into recovery after a bootloop on 1.0.8. But I'll continue trying.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zojak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zojak Ad-Free
5th February 2019, 04:30 PM |#165  
OP Member
Flag Washington D.C.
Thanks Meter: 95
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zojak

Dusted off my MT4G and flashed this rom. On 1.0.8 it would show the MyTouch 4G screen, go black then reboot.

1.0.7 and 1.0.6 did the same thing.
1.0.5 download was unavailable.
1.0.4 was able to boot.

My bootloader screen shows
GLACIER PVT ENG S-OFF
HBOOT-0.85.2007 (PD1510000)
MICROP-0429
RADIO-26.09.04.26_M
eMMC-boot
Oct 11 2010, 12:44:14

My recovery is ClockworkMod 5.8.1.0.

Here is last_kmsg from 1.0.4 after rebooting into recovery.
https://pastebin.com/raw/UWnhpVQZ

I haven't been able to boot into recovery after a bootloop on 1.0.8. But I'll continue trying.

I have attached a modified kernel. Flash this on top of 1.0.8. Instead of bootlooping when the phone crashes, it should automatically boot you into recovery where you can do an "adb pull /proc/last_kmsg". I have also added some additional debugging logs.
Attached Files
File Type: zip kernel-2.6.36-dbg.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.46 MB, 2 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Steppnasty For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Steppnasty Ad-Free
5th February 2019, 08:16 PM |#166  
Zojak's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steppnasty

I have attached a modified kernel. Flash this on top of 1.0.8. Instead of bootlooping when the phone crashes, it should automatically boot you into recovery where you can do an "adb pull /proc/last_kmsg". I have also added some additional debugging logs.

Nice. Went directly to CWM. Here's the last_kmsg
https://pastebin.com/kJTfUquX
The Following User Says Thank You to Zojak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zojak Ad-Free
7th February 2019, 07:46 PM |#167  
OP Member
Flag Washington D.C.
Thanks Meter: 95
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zojak

Nice. Went directly to CWM. Here's the last_kmsg
https://pastebin.com/kJTfUquX

Thanks. I have another kernel attached. I added some more debugging logs and a possible fix.
Attached Files
File Type: zip kernel-2.6.36-dbg2.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.46 MB, 2 views)
8th February 2019, 02:45 AM |#168  
Zojak's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Same thing. Here's the log from kernel-2.6.36-dbg2.
https://pastebin.com/LnzY0aM4
8th February 2019, 03:09 AM |#169  
OP Member
Flag Washington D.C.
Thanks Meter: 95
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zojak

Same thing. Here's the log from kernel-2.6.36-dbg2.
https://pastebin.com/LnzY0aM4

Sorry. I forgot to put the fix back in after testing. Try this one out.
Attached Files
File Type: zip kernel-2.6.36-dbg3.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.46 MB, 6 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Steppnasty For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Steppnasty Ad-Free
8th February 2019, 04:12 AM |#170  
Zojak's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steppnasty

Sorry. I forgot to put the fix back in after testing. Try this one out.

Device booted up properly.
Here's a log if you need it.
https://pastebin.com/2S3AzVaR
8th February 2019, 05:42 AM |#171  
Zojak's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
I must say I love the size of this device. Fits so nicely in my hand.

How do you open the recent apps screen on this rom? The physical buttons don't seem to bring it up.
nm. Hold down home button.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes