* Official CM7 for Atrix Stable only (No Nightly )* Atrix CM Ba2tF RELEASED!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

t0dbld

Mar 21, 2010
Michigan
This Will be the Site for the CM7 Releases and Updates
CM Ba2tF Build Released

As Always We will not be held responsible for ANYTHING involving your phone, by flashing this rom you accept the fact that no mater what catastrophic accident occurs, no matter how many kittens die, if natural disasters wreak havoc on your home land, EVEN IF THE "Dalai Lama" HIMSELF blames us for the mishap, we will not be held liable in any manner what so ever. You accept all risks associated with this rom by choosing to download the file end of story.​
What Is CyanogenMod:
CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.3.7 (Gingerbread) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.​
Warning: Not for new users, flash this build only if you know what you are doing !!!
Atrix Dev Team:
(Click for twitter names)
Just The Stats:
What Works:
  • Dock Audio
  • 2G/3G/H+
  • Calls and SMS
  • Mute on calls
  • SIM PINs
  • RIL FastDormancy Support
  • WiFi now with faster scan/connect times
  • Audio
  • USB
  • GPS with accuracy reporting
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera (many thanks defer!)
  • Video recorder
  • (Partial) Dock support
  • Torch
  • Display
  • Touchscreen
  • Battery Stats
  • Accurate power usage reporting
  • Proximity Sensor
  • Screen orientation
  • Accelerometer, compass and other sensors.
  • Internal Storage and External SDCard
  • SDCard formatting
  • Ability to swap sdcard and emmc mountpoints
  • Multimedia Playback (videos, music)
  • USB Tethering
  • USB Notifications
  • USB Mode switching
  • All Market apps show now
  • Updated Unified Kernel: one kernel to rule them all!
  • Battery jump fix by @Jug6ernaut
  • ext4 filesystem
  • WiFi Hotspot
  • 5-touch multitouch
  • Power button doesn't end calls
  • CrystalTalk support for calls
  • SMS Delivery Reports
What Doesn’t Work:
  • Fingerprint sensor - Work in progress (not native to CM)
  • Webtop - Work in progress (not native to CM)
Changelog:
  • Atrix CM Ba2tF Release
  • Dock Audio
  • Bug Fixes
Download: Atrix CM Ba2tF build
Latest version: Ba2tF

Installation Instructions:
Pre-Work:
Before powering off the phone download the CM7 package and copy to internal SD Card​
Note: It is standard CyanogenMod practice to make the external SD Card the primary SD Card on the device. This means after 1st boot all your app folders and personal files will be stored on in the “emmc” folder and all files from your external memory card will now be in the “sdcard” folder.
You can switch this around by going into
Settings>CyanogenMod Settings>Application>Use Internal Storage​
Flashing Recovery:
  1. Download recovery from ROM Manager (Found in Market)
  2. Flash Clockwork Recovery
  3. Done
Personal Data Backup:
  1. Make sure device is rooted
  2. Download “Titanium Backup” from the Android Market (Consider purchasing Pro version for more automated options)
  3. Open Titanium Backup, press menu key and go to “Batch”
  4. Go to Backup section and select “Backup all user apps”
  5. Allow process to finish
Current ROM Backup:
  1. Reboot phone into CWM recovery (Power Button + Vol Down), press Vol Down until you see "Android Recovery" then press Vol Up to enter.
  2. Go to Backup & Restore and create a backup (this may take some time)
Install CM7 Ba2tF:
  1. While in Recovery install CM7 from internal storage
  2. After installation select Data Wipe/Factory Reset
  3. Then Wipe Cache Partition
  4. Reboot system now
  5. Watch awesome boot animation.
Upgrading from earlier CM7:
  1. Download and push the ROM zip file to the sdcard.
  2. Reboot into recovery.
  3. Do a Backup to be safe!
  4. Install the ROM zip from sdcard (your Google apps will be backed up automatically).
Personal Data Restore on CM7:
  1. Download “Titanium Backup” from the Android Market (Consider purchasing Pro version for more automated options)
  2. Open Titanium Backup, press menu key and go to “Batch”
  3. Go to Restore section and select “Restore missing apps with data” (note: under no circumstances should you restore system apps, this is the fastest way to get a soft-brick)
  4. If you only downloaded the free version you will have to click “Install” for each app as it restores
  5. Allow process to finish.
Get Google Apps:
There are no Google Apps bundled with CM ROMs, because Google asked Cyanogen to remove copyrighted apps. After flashing the rom, don't forget to flash Google Addon package if you want it. ROM Manager will allow you to flash it if you just go into it and after flashing the ClockworkMod recovery for Motorola Atrix, choose Download ROMs, and pick Google Apps.

Or download and push the gapps zip for CM7 from http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Gapps#Google_Apps to the sdcard and flash it via ClockworkMod recovery.​
Radio Images:
Flash via Recovery
http://www.multiupload.com/N25DIPNAU6 (AT&T .91)
http://www.multiupload.com/0ZECKA3QZ1 (Bell)​
Going Back To Your Old ROM From CM7:
  1. Reboot phone into recovery (Power + Vol Up button)
  2. Once in recovery go to Backup & Restore
  3. Select Restore, then select the restore that is dated before you moved to CM7
  4. Allow time for restore, once complete reboot phone.

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!

If you like our work consider donating to the team, all donations will go towards continued CM7 development and buying LapDocks for the teams to develop for.
PayPal Button

Last edited:

t0dbld

Mar 21, 2010
Michigan
Rules of thread

1. Read The OP ^
  2. If you wish to thank us do so with the provided "Thanks Button" or Feel free to click the "Donate Button" and donate
  3. Before Asking A question make sure you have followed step one, searched the forums for your question, Use our bug tracker and instructions provided in the OP
  4. If you wish to comment, or reply to another persons post that was not following the rules , DON'T just leave it I will handle it with reporting it
  5. Submit problems or bugs on the Teams page on the bug tracker with EVERYTHING filled out Including a log(link provided in OP)
  6. Take all comment or general discussion to a seperate thread in "General Section"

This is the tone I wish to keep for this thread, currently it is friendly and the questions that are being asked are polite and reasonable. My self and the other team member's will do our best to respond to any reasonable questions like those posted so far. How ever My self and others will not hesitate to report comments and or close the thread if it can not be kept like this!! What is going on so far here is pleasant and I appreciate it so please keep it UP!! If its just a thank you or a cheer on hit the thanks button or the donate button because while I own a beer store it still is neither free nor cost effective to ship the other gentleman on the team beer. Besides those options will keep the thread clean for important questions and updates, thanks again guys and if you want to talk smack open a new thread in general we might not like it but im sure well read it just the same :)

Last edited:
W

WiredPirate

Thanks. What does "additional feature" mean for the fingerprint scanner? It will be available but not included or it wont be available for CM?

Last edited:

Swiftks

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 16, 2011
The Woodlands, TX
Many thanks for all the hard work contributed by all the devs working on this project. I look forward to the official Beta release.

Thanks. What does "additional feature" mean for the fingerprint scanner? It will be available but not included or it wont be available for CM?

Means that it is additional feature not supported by CM7... yet.

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

W

WiredPirate

Means that it is additional feature not supported by CM7... yet.

Right that is what the OP says, I was hoping for a slight elaboration..:) I know the SDK for the fp scanner was released so I was hoping at some point it would be included, its a deal breaker for me. I will be sending a donation if and when it is included. Thanks again.

t0dbld

Mar 21, 2010
Michigan

It means its uncharted territory, It is not android. These are features that are not opensource. What does it mean for the future, well its tuff to say we have been working hard to get these features we believe we will obtain them, we are just not going to hold back the release of the rest of the work for them. Once they are in fact accomplished they will be included, how ever as always there is no time frame or expected completion date. If they are requirements or "deal breakers" for you than you will have to go else where for the time being. Webtop was honestly a shotty hack job by Moto IOHO, and the fingerprint was done by Authentic and than "AdLibed" so to speak by Motorola and is just proving to be some what difficult. At this point if one was to copy there fingerprint data manually from a stock rom, datadeffender could be used and will work, the lockscreen is getting close , but that still leave the enrollment wizard ... anyhow as you can see all of this is a lot of work and as of late a lot of us have had limited time to work on them due to more pressing engagements (aka real life) once again rest assured they are being worked on , but we can not offer any promises beyond that !!

t0dbld

Mar 21, 2010
Michigan
Right that is what the OP says, I was hoping for a slight elaboration..:) I know the SDK for the fp scanner was released so I was hoping at some point it would be included, its a deal breaker for me. I will be sending a donation if and when it is included. Thanks again.

the SDK, is used to create apps that will use what is already on your phone (aka a working fingerprint reader, or at least that is what is expected) It did offer some incite to how things are being done, how ever it did not give us all the keys so to speak, anyhow we have obtained some help, and are getting closer. Depending on what you need from the fingerprint reader than it is still " possible" to use data defender with CM7 it it just would require manually copying data etc. We understand that this is a feature we all want, I mean its part of the reason a lot of us got the phone, hang tight once I have enough time to put into it im sure this is accomplish-able

Alcapone263

Jul 28, 2011
Yokosuka, Japan
It means its uncharted territory, It is not android. These are features that are not opensource. What does it mean for the future, well its tuff to say we have been working hard to get these features we believe we will obtain them, we are just not going to hold back the release of the rest of the work for them. Once they are in fact accomplished they will be included, how ever as always there is no time frame or expected completion date. If they are requirements or "deal breakers" for you than you will have to go else where for the time being. Webtop was honestly a shotty hack job by Moto IOHO, and the fingerprint was done by Authentic and than "AdLibed" so to speak by Motorola and is just proving to be some what difficult. At this point if one was to copy there fingerprint data manually from a stock rom, datadeffender could be used and will work, the lockscreen is getting close , but that still leave the enrollment wizard ... anyhow as you can see all of this is a lot of work and as of late a lot of us have had limited time to work on them due to more pressing engagements (aka real life) once again rest assured they are being worked on , but we can not offer any promises beyond that !!

love the work you guys are doing, love CM7. pretty much everything about it is pure win for me.

the only question i have, and i don't mean to sound like i'm pestering you here, is about the HDMI mirroring. any thoughts on why we're stuck in portrait mode? i know some people have gotten it to work by flashing a photon alien rom, but i'd love this feature on CM7.

t0dbld

Mar 21, 2010
Michigan
love the work you guys are doing, love CM7. pretty much everything about it is pure win for me.

the only question i have, and i don't mean to sound like i'm pestering you here, is about the HDMI mirroring. any thoughts on why we're stuck in portrait mode? i know some people have gotten it to work by flashing a photon alien rom, but i'd love this feature on CM7.

Obviously this is another issue that we are aware of, it is also not limited to our work, but even stock with enabled mirroring has issues. Once again we are at work with this, and i can say that at this point almost daily something is "tried" however as evident by the existence of the problem it has not yet been resolved. We are only at this time announcing a soon to be released BETA so there are issues and currently this is one, how ever for the most part we are very stable, all of us have been using it as our daily for months, pretty much everything works as expected this is why we are looking to move forward into BETA, but why it is BETA and not a full release or RC. thanks for the support and these issues will get ironed out just as soon as we can get them done

W

WiredPirate

the SDK, is used to create apps that will use what is already on your phone (aka a working fingerprint reader, or at least that is what is expected) It did offer some incite to how things are being done, how ever it did not give us all the keys so to speak, anyhow we have obtained some help, and are getting closer. Depending on what you need from the fingerprint reader than it is still " possible" to use data defender with CM7 it it just would require manually copying data etc. We understand that this is a feature we all want, I mean its part of the reason a lot of us got the phone, hang tight once I have enough time to put into it im sure this is accomplish-able

Thank you for elaborating on this for me!:) I appreciate the hard work put in by all and look forward to this release. Great job everybody involved!

Alcapone263

Jul 28, 2011
Yokosuka, Japan
Obviously this is another issue that we are aware of, it is also not limited to our work, but even stock with enabled mirroring has issues. Once again we are at work with this, and i can say that at this point almost daily something is "tried" however as evident by the existence of the problem it has not yet been resolved. We are only at this time announcing a soon to be released BETA so there are issues and currently this is one, how ever for the most part we are very stable, all of us have been using it as our daily for months, pretty much everything works as expected this is why we are looking to move forward into BETA, but why it is BETA and not a full release or RC. thanks for the support and these issues will get ironed out just as soon as we can get them done

thanks for the quick reply, glad to see everything is moving forward smoothly. can't wait for this feature to be fixed though, i'd sacrifice webtop/fingerprint scanner permanently if i could just get working HDMI mirroring :p

once again, thanks for all of your efforts in porting this awesome ROM! you guys are awesome!

t0dbld

Mar 21, 2010
Michigan
thanks for the quick reply, glad to see everything is moving forward smoothly. can't wait for this feature to be fixed though, i'd sacrifice webtop/fingerprint scanner permanently if i could just get working HDMI mirroring :p

once again, thanks for all of your efforts in porting this awesome ROM! you guys are awesome!

Well if i was a betting man than id bet on the HDMI mirroring being done before those other 2 :p , but you never know, at this point Fingerprint is really held back by my limited time, i personally took on this part of the equation and I have been the one slacking as this is the busiest time of the year for my RL. anyhow like I said enjoy it, try it, test it, or hate on it either way its going to be made available and will continue to be improved... now im going to bed so you guys have a good night.

**** Side note***
This is the tone I wish to keep for this thread, currently it is friendly and the questions that are being asked are polite and reasonable. My self and the other team member's will do our best to respond to any reasonable questions like those posted so far. How ever My self and others will not hesitate to report comments and or close the thread if it can not be kept like this!! What is going on so far here is pleasant and I appreciate it so please keep it UP!! If its just a thank you or a cheer on hit the thanks button or the donate button because while I own a beer store it still is neither free nor cost effective to ship the other gentleman on the team beer. Besides those options will keep the thread clean for important questions and updates, thanks again guys and if you want to talk smack open a new thread in general we might not like it but im sure well read it just the same :)

Last edited:

Alcapone263

Jul 28, 2011
Yokosuka, Japan
Well if i was a betting man than id bet on the HDMI mirroring being done before those other 2 :p , but you never know, at this point Fingerprint is really held back by my limited time, i personally took on this part of the equation and I have been the one slacking as this is the busiest time of the year for my RL. anyhow like I said enjoy it, try it, test it, or hate on it either way its going to be made available and will continue to be improved... now im going to bed so you guys have a good night.

**** Side note***
This is the tone I wish to keep for this thread, currently it is friendly and questions are being asked and my self and the other team member's will do our best to respond to any reasonable questions like those posted so far. How ever My self and others will not hesitate to report comments and or close the thread if it can not be kept like this!! What is going on so far here is pleasant and I appreciate it so please keep it UP!!

seriously, if i can just get my HDMI mirroring this phone with CM7 will last me forever. all i need is my emulators on my big screen in the landscape mode.

do you personally know if there is anything in the photon files that leads us in the right direction? or is it just a fluke that flashing the alien ROM on our phones worked?

trongvinh.nt

Sep 28, 2010
help

to flash cm7 beta4 xong thi gap loi voi 4 phim co ban.ban nao biet cach khac phuc lam on chi cho toi.
thank all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Will be the Site for the CM7 Releases and Updates
    CM Ba2tF Build Released

As Always We will not be held responsible for ANYTHING involving your phone, by flashing this rom you accept the fact that no mater what catastrophic accident occurs, no matter how many kittens die, if natural disasters wreak havoc on your home land, EVEN IF THE "Dalai Lama" HIMSELF blames us for the mishap, we will not be held liable in any manner what so ever. You accept all risks associated with this rom by choosing to download the file end of story.​
    What Is CyanogenMod:
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.3.7 (Gingerbread) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.​
    Warning: Not for new users, flash this build only if you know what you are doing !!!
    Atrix Dev Team:
    (Click for twitter names)
    Just The Stats:
    What Works:
    • Dock Audio
    • 2G/3G/H+
    • Calls and SMS
    • Mute on calls
    • SIM PINs
    • RIL FastDormancy Support
    • WiFi now with faster scan/connect times
    • Audio
    • USB
    • GPS with accuracy reporting
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera (many thanks defer!)
    • Video recorder
    • (Partial) Dock support
    • Torch
    • Display
    • Touchscreen
    • Battery Stats
    • Accurate power usage reporting
    • Proximity Sensor
    • Screen orientation
    • Accelerometer, compass and other sensors.
    • Internal Storage and External SDCard
    • SDCard formatting
    • Ability to swap sdcard and emmc mountpoints
    • Multimedia Playback (videos, music)
    • USB Tethering
    • USB Notifications
    • USB Mode switching
    • All Market apps show now
    • Updated Unified Kernel: one kernel to rule them all!
    • Battery jump fix by @Jug6ernaut
    • ext4 filesystem
    • WiFi Hotspot
    • 5-touch multitouch
    • Power button doesn't end calls
    • CrystalTalk support for calls
    • SMS Delivery Reports
    What Doesn’t Work:
    • Fingerprint sensor - Work in progress (not native to CM)
    • Webtop - Work in progress (not native to CM)
    Changelog:
    • Atrix CM Ba2tF Release
    • Dock Audio
    • Bug Fixes
    Download: Atrix CM Ba2tF build
    Latest version: Ba2tF

Installation Instructions:
    Pre-Work:
    Before powering off the phone download the CM7 package and copy to internal SD Card​
    Note: It is standard CyanogenMod practice to make the external SD Card the primary SD Card on the device. This means after 1st boot all your app folders and personal files will be stored on in the “emmc” folder and all files from your external memory card will now be in the “sdcard” folder.
    You can switch this around by going into
    Settings>CyanogenMod Settings>Application>Use Internal Storage​
    Flashing Recovery:
    1. Download recovery from ROM Manager (Found in Market)
    2. Flash Clockwork Recovery
    3. Done
    Personal Data Backup:
    1. Make sure device is rooted
    2. Download “Titanium Backup” from the Android Market (Consider purchasing Pro version for more automated options)
    3. Open Titanium Backup, press menu key and go to “Batch”
    4. Go to Backup section and select “Backup all user apps”
    5. Allow process to finish
    Current ROM Backup:
    1. Reboot phone into CWM recovery (Power Button + Vol Down), press Vol Down until you see "Android Recovery" then press Vol Up to enter.
    2. Go to Backup & Restore and create a backup (this may take some time)
    Install CM7 Ba2tF:
    1. While in Recovery install CM7 from internal storage
    2. After installation select Data Wipe/Factory Reset
    3. Then Wipe Cache Partition
    4. Reboot system now
    5. Watch awesome boot animation.
    Upgrading from earlier CM7:
    1. Download and push the ROM zip file to the sdcard.
    2. Reboot into recovery.
    3. Do a Backup to be safe!
    4. Install the ROM zip from sdcard (your Google apps will be backed up automatically).
    Personal Data Restore on CM7:
    1. Download “Titanium Backup” from the Android Market (Consider purchasing Pro version for more automated options)
    2. Open Titanium Backup, press menu key and go to “Batch”
    3. Go to Restore section and select “Restore missing apps with data” (note: under no circumstances should you restore system apps, this is the fastest way to get a soft-brick)
    4. If you only downloaded the free version you will have to click “Install” for each app as it restores
    5. Allow process to finish.
    Get Google Apps:
    There are no Google Apps bundled with CM ROMs, because Google asked Cyanogen to remove copyrighted apps. After flashing the rom, don't forget to flash Google Addon package if you want it. ROM Manager will allow you to flash it if you just go into it and after flashing the ClockworkMod recovery for Motorola Atrix, choose Download ROMs, and pick Google Apps.

Or download and push the gapps zip for CM7 from http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Gapps#Google_Apps to the sdcard and flash it via ClockworkMod recovery.​
    Radio Images:
    Flash via Recovery
    http://www.multiupload.com/N25DIPNAU6 (AT&T .91)
    http://www.multiupload.com/0ZECKA3QZ1 (Bell)​
    Going Back To Your Old ROM From CM7:
    1. Reboot phone into recovery (Power + Vol Up button)
    2. Once in recovery go to Backup & Restore
    3. Select Restore, then select the restore that is dated before you moved to CM7
    4. Allow time for restore, once complete reboot phone.

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!

If you like our work consider donating to the team, all donations will go towards continued CM7 development and buying LapDocks for the teams to develop for.
    PayPal Button
    Rules of thread

1. Read The OP ^
    2. If you wish to thank us do so with the provided "Thanks Button" or Feel free to click the "Donate Button" and donate
    3. Before Asking A question make sure you have followed step one, searched the forums for your question, Use our bug tracker and instructions provided in the OP
    4. If you wish to comment, or reply to another persons post that was not following the rules , DON'T just leave it I will handle it with reporting it
    5. Submit problems or bugs on the Teams page on the bug tracker with EVERYTHING filled out Including a log(link provided in OP)
    6. Take all comment or general discussion to a seperate thread in "General Section"

FAQ

Having Issues or Problems?
    Thad take a look here at our FAQ site.

We dont sit here and update or post all day because its un needed, exhausting on its own, and frusterating to the point of cursing. I can once a week come to this thread and after going through 20+ pages find maybe one thing worth replying to, like this time and the gentleman that requested a few pages back that i call this kang and not official ?!? Why because we have waited till we deemed ready to merge ? Everything we released has been stable and useable i have not touched another rom in months, we will merge shortly, it will be up todate 2.3.7 or what ever uptodate is than. We are all running 2.3.7 curently , there has not been another release because IOO there has not been enough added fixes that we felt the need to do so yet. Mostly we have been waiting on FP. I have it working 100% fine actually better than stock, but it haz created a bug with calls when enabled for an unknown reason. I have been working on the same bug for over 2 weeks . Once again iwasted more time i could have spent on the bug to reply to those of you that felt i needed to "give updates" to a 170 page hell hole where no one reads in the first place :) Anyhow we appreciate your all excited , so are we , mostly so we can stop working :p keep in mind we want itcompleted and working obiously more than you do so either relax and wait or keep yelling inhere like a jakaninny IDGAF, but i will post updates when i am ready as will the other team members. End of story

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium
    I wasn't trying to be negative i assure you, I can understand your disgust with people who don't read and don't appreciate. I was not trying to sound like that, I do appreciate the work on this build and I realize it is hard work, and I thank all involved. I never thought my comment about being sad fp scan was not included would be seen as negative or judgmental or smart ass or anything else but a genuine comment.

water under a bridge bro, water under a bridge. Sure i get mad and snap back, but i also dont sleep, if this stuff got to me for more than a few minutes i would have quit long ago.

Not you but others have to realize that there is no one here or any where else in the thousands of downloads post or anything else that want issues resolved more than us, so all the B---chen complaining and harassment we receive , not only in here but on any public account anyone can get a hold of , g+, twitter, youtube ,PM's, bug tracker, emails.... etc it gets old. No one that puts there heart sole and more or less 100+ hours a week into something likes people to than say its not good enough, thanks but were well aware of are short comings and what the community would like to see. Bottom line is we dont release hacks or poor work , we have shown this sense day 1 everything ever released by us has been stable enough for a daily and only lacked non- ANDROID features. Thats all there is to it im not going to release anything thats not up to the standards we set no matter how much people complain and harass us. When things work as they should we release, when we are confident in new changes and fixes we release, we give updates when we feel that are users need to know about them, and the rest will be done when its done. Thanks to all the supporters, Users , & Esp. those that have blessed us with Donation's it is much appreciated. Happy tinkering and please just enjoy the build for what it is and not for what it is not!!