FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[REF] The HTC Vision (Desire Z & G2) Radio ROM & Official BLs Thread

2,292 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,867
 
By kholk, Retired Recognized Developer on 4th October 2010, 01:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th February 2011, 01:45 AM |#501  
blahbl4hblah's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,624
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broman400

Doesn't install on my Desire Z through Clockwork Recovery 3.0.0.5 Say's that the Update Aborted.

either you didn't finish the download or didn't wait for it to finish transferring try again
 
 
18th February 2011, 02:09 AM |#502  
Vlad83's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 351
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broman400

Doesn't install on my Desire Z through Clockwork Recovery 3.0.0.5 Say's that the Update Aborted.

You're not supposed to be flashing it through recovery. Please do some research, flashing radios is not something you seem to be ready to be playing around with...
18th February 2011, 03:59 AM |#503  
DJMartini's Avatar
Senior Member
Denver
Thanks Meter: 345
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamminzIS

and here's a PC10IMG.zip for those who don't have eng-hboot and need an "easy" way to flash it...

This file is thanks to Ganii

-- DOWNLOAD --


CONFIRMED: this worked for me and I have eng-hboot on G2

Thanks! This helps when I'm away from my pc and want to flash on phone.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App
18th February 2011, 04:03 AM |#504  
Senior Member
Flag physically: ap0pka, FL mentally: Suva, Fiji
Thanks Meter: 624
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broman400

Doesn't install on my Desire Z through Clockwork Recovery 3.0.0.5 Says that the Update Aborted.

oh dear lord... seriously? you actually tried to do that? if you don't know what a PC10IMG.zip is you DEFINITELY shouldn't be attempting to flash a radio of ANY sort... you need to do a bit of reading, before you end up with a $500 dollar brick/paperweight...
18th February 2011, 05:22 AM |#505  
lainvalenajr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chula Vista
Thanks Meter: 46
 
More
Lol... also made same mistake when I was new at flashing radio but got so help and did some reading aha den it worked fine

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App
18th February 2011, 05:35 AM |#506  
dictionary's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,575
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamminzIS

oh dear lord... seriously? you actually tried to do that? if you don't know what a PC10IMG.zip is you DEFINITELY shouldn't be attempting to flash a radio of ANY sort... you need to do a bit of reading, before you end up with a $500 dollar brick/paperweight...

ahahaha, you beat me to it. PC10IMG.zip + Clockwork = negative, lol
18th February 2011, 02:25 PM |#507  
GermanGuy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 156
 
More
With the latest radio, reception on my G2 is worse, 1-2 bars less, compared to 17 radio.
18th February 2011, 04:15 PM |#508  
Vlad83's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 351
 
More
My experience thus far is positive. From my observation the reception remained unchanged but I did notice that the data connection switches from UMTS to HSDPA faster. While I there isn't a difference in the actual throughput, the connection seems snappier in the negotiation aspect. This reduction in time is a very big positive for me, the time spent waiting between a data request and HSDPA is what bugged me most...
This is by no means scientific and only my experience... Your miles may vary...

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App
18th February 2011, 05:08 PM |#509  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad83

My experience thus far is positive. From my observation the reception remained unchanged but I did notice that the data connection switches from UMTS to HSDPA faster. While I there isn't a difference in the actual throughput, the connection seems snappier in the negotiation aspect. This reduction in time is a very big positive for me, the time spent waiting between a data request and HSDPA is what bugged me most...
This is by no means scientific and only my experience... Your miles may vary...

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

Darn i will only flash if i go from 3-4 mbps to 10.
Id Arcanum
18th February 2011, 05:36 PM |#510  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad83

New Radio 26.06.02.27
Here is the radio.img I will leave the link until kholk (OP) puts on first post.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3048567/radio.img
MD5: 329F91B1E64FFA3A6E11DF4D5562FDD4

Thanks a lot!
18th February 2011, 07:34 PM |#511  
Shaquiel Harris's Avatar
Senior Member
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 394
 
More
Didn't wanna noob it but I gotta. Never flashed a radio on my vision so I have the one that came stock.. it ends in _M2 i can't find it in the OP. I wanna test this new radio but I wanna be able to revert back if I don't like it. Especially since I actually have really good reception wherever I go.. I've only been on edge connection maybe three times. Usually hspa but maybe 3G for a few minutes in really bad areas. I'm guessing the radio on the OP that's the only one with TMOUS is the one I can revert back to? I have a G2.

Sent from my Rooted God-Like Htc Vision.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes