6,067 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,947

By GoodDayToDie, Inactive Recognized Developer on 10th January 2013, 02:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th March 2017, 04:34 PM |#1041  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
ClassicStartMenu
Can someone recompile ClasscStartMenu and send a link? what's it doing on the list when it has been compiled totally wrong?
17th March 2017, 11:47 PM |#1042  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
We Development on RT?
Has anyone found a web server (e.g. Apache) and php compiled for ARM Windows RT?

Make the machine useful again for web development.
27th April 2017, 06:18 AM |#1043  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
I'm hoping to convert my Surface RT into an Android development device.

Is there any way that I could accomplish this right now with the 8.1 jailbreak and allowing unsigned code?
I assume Android Studio can't be signed to run?
27th April 2017, 10:15 PM |#1044  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumph

I'm hoping to convert my Surface RT into an Android development device.

Is there any way that I could accomplish this right now with the 8.1 jailbreak and allowing unsigned code?
I assume Android Studio can't be signed to run?

Android studio could be signed to run, if it was recompiled. And even so, I think the load would be too much for the Surface RT's humble processor. Unless u have another computer which u can ssh into or use a tightvncvserver running on it so u can use it remotely, I think most of the available Android Development Tools are too heavy for the processor to run.
28th April 2017, 06:39 AM |#1045  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linuxy

Android studio could be signed to run, if it was recompiled. And even so, I think the load would be too much for the Surface RT's humble processor. Unless u have another computer which u can ssh into or use a tightvncvserver running on it so u can use it remotely, I think most of the available Android Development Tools are too heavy for the processor to run.

ok thanks for the input, I do have another more powerful laptop just that one is massive 17" screen heavy laptop, was hoping more for a small portable laptop like the RT.
I may look for a Surface 3/4 then if I need something more powerful that can run Android Studio with no issues.
29th April 2017, 05:55 PM |#1046  

More
Openconnect?
Would it be possible to port openconnect to windows rt? It is open source.
10th May 2017, 05:44 PM |#1047  

More
Hi, i tried to use the signing tool on pcsx2 but it doesn't work. Is there a way to make it run on my surface2?
11th June 2017, 08:52 AM |#1048  

More
Hi, could anybody recompile vmac (classic mac emulator) again, it has been done before but I can't get it work on my surface 2. Tried different files with no luck. Other ported apps I tried works fine. Thanks in advance.
16th June 2017, 04:49 PM |#1049  

More
I am a developer, and i need a little assistance. I got quicksharp to open but nothing more. The options menu is completely broken and only has options based on appearance. And everything in the file menu is greyed out. Anyone have an idea as to why?
20th June 2017, 03:45 PM |#1050  
Thanks Meter: 358

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfortner.techstudios

I am a developer, and i need a little assistance. I got quicksharp to open but nothing more. The options menu is completely broken and only has options based on appearance. And everything in the file menu is greyed out. Anyone have an idea as to why?

Quicksharp has never worked fully, use sharpdevelop instead

Sent from my Q5 using XDA Free mobile app
30th June 2017, 10:18 PM |#1051  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Does anyone still have a build environment for this? If so, would you mind trying to build Atari800 please? The official source is on sourceforge but there's one that was meant for Raspberry Pis on github. Not sure if that would help, but I noticed that version correctly maps the arrow keys. It should preferably be compiled with R: device support.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
arm, rtdesktopapps, windowsrt

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)