Thanks Meter: 2,947

By GoodDayToDie, Inactive Recognized Developer on 10th January 2013, 02:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th January 2013, 11:44 AM |#141  
Thanks Meter: 102

More
also, apparently bfosterjr has compiled quake2:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2097092
The Following User Says Thank You to no2chem For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift no2chem Ad-Free
13th January 2013, 11:56 AM |#142  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,947

More
Thanks for the link!!
13th January 2013, 12:07 PM |#143  
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,043

Donate to Me
More
Still a few bugs like not being able to download content, or save games but openTTD is running, Will upload binaries soon, hopefully this next build should at least be able to load save games.

The Following User Says Thank You to lilstevie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th January 2013, 12:48 PM |#144  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 225

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie

130MHz will technically run XP... but it'll run like complete crap. It's on the low end for Windows 98. Remember, that's the liberal estimate. The conservative one of "around 65 MHz") miiight just barely run StarCraft on Win95 (the stated requirement was 70MHz).

With the help of the app I've posted here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2095934 (a bit newer version, I'll publish it later) I was able to run Heroes of Might and Magic 3 on VivoTab with the bochs emulation plugin. Speed is really slow. Long time ago I was playing HOMM3 on a pentium 166 mhz, and I can tell that old PC was faster. Seems that the emulation speed is like of a Pentium 66.
Bochs has the dynamic recompilation plugin. I have not tried to port it to RT. In the case if it would work - the HOMM3 would be really playable.
13th January 2013, 01:38 PM |#145  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 225

Donate to Me
More
Here: http://www.multiupload.nl/GJFHV0HBHU is a Heroes of Might and Magic 3 official demo version with my emulator, so that anyone can check the emulation speed.
To install - extract files to any directory and launch run.bat.
Emulation speed is slow, so the game is unplayable. But the speed can be improved in future emulator builds! DosBox already provides a dynamic recompilation core, that is ported to ARM, and I'll try to use it later (currently dosbox "normal" or bochs cores are used).
Mouse is required, as HOMM3 does not support touch screens.
The Following User Says Thank You to mamaich For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mamaich Ad-Free
13th January 2013, 02:15 PM |#146  
Thanks Meter: 102

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaich

Here: http://www.multiupload.nl/GJFHV0HBHU is a Heroes of Might and Magic 3 official demo version with my emulator, so that anyone can check the emulation speed.
To install - extract files to any directory and launch run.bat.
Emulation speed is slow, so the game is unplayable. But the speed can be improved in future emulator builds! DosBox already provides a dynamic recompilation core, that is ported to ARM, and I'll try to use it later (currently dosbox "normal" or bochs cores are used).
Mouse is required, as HOMM3 does not support touch screens.

heh, funny you mention that, I just finished compiling it - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2097372
The Following User Says Thank You to no2chem For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift no2chem Ad-Free
13th January 2013, 03:04 PM |#147  
Flag london
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:

Just the start menu for now, don't really plan on porting anything else from it. I just did it to see if it'd work, mostly. I had to restart explorer after jailbreaking before I could get it to launch.

this is working for me too. but the app has colonised the home button. the home button just start the desktop even from modern ui.

Edit. changed setting. thx for this love it.
u guys has made surface worth a lot more
13th January 2013, 05:11 PM |#148  
Thanks Meter: 137

More
So I'm trying to install classic start menu but I run the .exe as administrator and click yes but after that nothing happens. I'm deffo jail broke, tried rebooting jail breaking again then running it but same thing...anyone got any idea why its not working?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
13th January 2013, 05:40 PM |#149  
Flag london
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincepg13

So I'm trying to install classic start menu but I run the .exe as administrator and click yes but after that nothing happens. I'm deffo jail broke, tried rebooting jail breaking again then running it but same thing...anyone got any idea why its not working?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

yh it seems to do just that.
what i done was go to task manager and end explorer. it will restart with the classic start menu.
13th January 2013, 07:26 PM |#150  
Flag Royersford, PA
Thanks Meter: 10

More
What about Diablo 3? Does the Surface even have a powerful-enough graphics chip for a game like that? Anyway, a port to RT would be great. Thanks!
13th January 2013, 07:29 PM |#151  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Has anyone tried to do this with Bluestacks?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
arm, rtdesktopapps, windowsrt

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)