FORUMS

[Android][Unlock/S-OFF] SunShine for modern Motorola & HTC devices

6,331 posts
Thanks Meter: 15,901

By jcase, Retired Forum Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Taco Vendor on 23rd June 2014, 09:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd September 2014, 05:43 AM |#1011  
OP Retired Forum Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Taco Vendor
Flag Sequim WA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJo2211

it's S-ON and Locked

Ok, you need to use SunShine, or firewater to s-off/unlock it. Then you can root it
The Following User Says Thank You to jcase For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd September 2014, 05:45 AM |#1012  
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcase

Ok, you need to use SunShine, or firewater to s-off/unlock it. Then you can root it

Thank you!
22nd September 2014, 05:48 AM |#1013  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs down
Quote:

Are you the person that I went over this with today in chat, . SunShine an app that typically needs to be used ONE time. 99.9% of people will use it just once. Those that do use it more than once, probably really don't have a reason, but went s-on/locked for an unneeded reason.

It needs internet access for about 5 seconds total, that is it. It doesnt need it constantly, or everyday but like 5 seconds for the entire lifespan of it on your phone.

This is absolutely nothing like apple signing ipsw, and it will not be changed. If you want a solution that doesn't need an internet.

The only way this changes, if when people stop stealing, we grew tired of seeing our works packaged by shady companies and sold as hardware dongles for unlocking, or the "refurb companies" running them 1000x a day, while ignoring the commercial usage clause in the licenses.

No. Today is the first time we have spoken.

In a sense it is very much like apples ipsw servers. Their servers also require a internet connection for a few seconds while it fetches shsh blobs for a downloaded firmware.

And I'm sorry people have been steeling your hard work. That shouldn't discourage you to combat this through more sane approaches other than resorting to a digital rights media approach. Simple encryption in the app might be one approach. A MD5 database with salted hashes of legit serial numbers with corresponding IMEI or ESNs might be another approach.

It would take a hacker about 10,000 years to break a SHA-1 database with a 1024bit encrypted salted hash.

As for sunshine only needing a connection once for people with direct access to the internet that might be all hunky dory, but for those of us behind firewalls (multiple ones in my case) its a completely different ballgame.
22nd September 2014, 06:10 AM |#1014  
Flag Sequim WA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XAVlER

No. Today is the first time we have spoken.

In a sense it is very much like apples ipsw servers. Their servers also require a internet connection for a few seconds while it fetches shsh blobs for a downloaded firmware.

And I'm sorry people have been steeling your hard work. That shouldn't discourage you to combat this through more sane approaches other than resorting to a digital rights media approach. Simple encryption in the app might be one approach. A MD5 database with salted hashes of legit serial numbers with corresponding IMEI or ESNs might be another approach.

It would take a hacker about 10,000 years to break a SHA-1 database with a 1024bit encrypted salted hash.

As for sunshine only needing a connection once for people with direct access to the internet that might be all hunky dory, but for those of us behind firewalls (multiple ones in my case) its a completely different ballgame.

It functions nothing like how ipsw, I do believe you are the person that was talking to me today or associated with him, you two are using the exact same arguments, flawed in the same ways.

If we used a local database, without internet connection, and everything was done locally to the device, it would take a matter of hours to figure it out, not 10,000 years.

If your firewalls are preventing you from using sunshine, turn mobile data on, or hop on a wifi hotspot somewhere else for a few seconds.
22nd September 2014, 07:26 AM |#1015  

More
Location Please keep a open mind.
Quote:

It functions nothing like how ipsw, I do believe you are the person that was talking to me today or associated with him, you two are using the exact same arguments, flawed in the same ways.

If we used a local database, without internet connection, and everything was done locally to the device, it would take a matter of hours to figure it out, not 10,000 years.

If your firewalls are preventing you from using sunshine, turn mobile data on, or hop on a wifi hotspot somewhere else for a few seconds.

jcase.

I still see a correlation between how apple signs its firmware files and how sunshine works. Perhaps my understanding of things is wrong but that is the way i see it.

And if it takes someone only a matter of hours to figure out then that is a issue with how well your encryption is designed.

My firewalls don't function like common ones you might know of do. I'm very much in the midst of a petri dish. I wish it were a simple matter of turning on mobile data or going through a proxy server, its not even close to that simple.

I think you should reconsider what you're doing here. Your wallets would certainly thank you in the long run.

Whatever similarities you may have had with someone else in chat i can't speak of but it sounds like i'm not the only one with such concerns.

There is no doubt that you have put much hard work into sunshine and firewater and i can't blame you for wanting to do everything you can to protect your interests.
Suffice to say, I hope you guys can keep an open mind moving forward.
22nd September 2014, 07:45 AM |#1016  
Flag Sequim WA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XAVlER

jcase.

I still see a correlation between how apple signs its firmware files and how sunshine works. Perhaps my understanding of things is wrong but that is the way i see it.

And if it takes someone only a matter of hours to figure out then that is a issue with how well your encryption is designed.

My firewalls don't function like common ones you might know of do. I'm very much in the midst of a petri dish. I wish it were a simple matter of turning on mobile data or going through a proxy server, its not even close to that simple.

I think you should reconsider what you're doing here. Your wallets would certainly thank you in the long run.

Whatever similarities you may have had with someone else in chat i can't speak of but it sounds like i'm not the only one with such concerns.

There is no doubt that you have put much hard work into sunshine and firewater and i can't blame you for wanting to do everything you can to protect your interests.
Suffice to say, I hope you guys can keep an open mind moving forward.

Your understanding of both is very flawed if you think they are similar in any way at all.

Local encryption is ALWAYS trivial, if the key and the encrypted data is stored in the same place, its like putting your house key under the door mat. If it takes a person more than a few days to figure out locally encrypted data, when the data, key and algorithm is in front of you, then their skill set is the issue. Encryption has to be reversible, and when all the pieces are in your face, it is a cake walk. You haven't designed successful DRM before.

If you can access my website, then your firewalls wouldn't prevent sunshine from working. If you are in a situation where you security requires such scrutiny, then you know better than turning off all the signature validation on your device, and rooting it.

Our setup works, results in few complaints, and keeps the option lasting longer. If we went with local encryption of a serial database, or anything of the sorts, HTC would figure it out in matter of hours, and the tool would be useless.

Our licensing is not changing, end of discussion.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jcase For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd September 2014, 01:50 PM |#1017  

More
Quote:

HTC would figure it out in matter of hours, and the tool would be useless.

Our licensing is not changing, end of discussion.

That is certainly something i didn't take into account.

Well like i said please try and keep a open mind. Good luck to you all and godspeed.
22nd September 2014, 02:57 PM |#1018  

More
Talking
Thanks a lot this worked on my Aio Moto G
22nd September 2014, 07:32 PM |#1019  
Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 93

More
im about to get a one m8 tomorrow. its a stock version not bound by any carrier. do i need to be unlocked bootloader or will this work on locked bootloader aswell?
22nd September 2014, 07:33 PM |#1020  
Flag Sequim WA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_n_T

im about to get a one m8 tomorrow. its a stock version not bound by any carrier. do i need to be unlocked bootloader or will this work on locked bootloader aswell?

This will s-off, and unlock at the same time
22nd September 2014, 07:34 PM |#1021  
Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 93

More
then i must say this is well worth its money. i'll get back tomorrow evening when im done hopefully s-off
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)