FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[DEV] The project to port Android(froyo) on S8500 (8530)

183 posts
Thanks Meter: 624

By oleg_k, Retired Recognized Developer on 29th March 2011, 05:26 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
20th April 2011, 12:55 PM |#451  
Flag Straffan
Thanks Meter: 183

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokestack76

Linux source? Not sure what that would do for this port. With android source mainly kernels you can change button mapping. No drivers needed for those. Switching to ext from rfs is huge. All the roms out for the whole galaxy S range all changed from RFS.

I don't mean vanilla linux i mean the Linux kernel (which is what Linux is) the Android kernel is simply linux with some mobile specific changes, those changes where merged into the main branch of the kernel all the mapping of buttons and so on is done in kernel land/ user land so the Android source really wouldn't provide much help. There are custom divers and so on in various kernel sources (like the Samsung Galaxy S source for example).

Also yes all ROMs for the Galaxy S use it but the stock Galaxy S uses RFS and it runs grand. i have both a Galaxy S running Cyanogenmod 7 and one running stock, the difference is noticeable but stock isn't unusable.
20th April 2011, 01:05 PM |#452  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by aLexzkter

Trust me...there's no such a file by English search terms.
I've tried in Korean but I wasn't lucky either.
We need korean and chinese members here

大家好。
Hi I'm a Chinese college student studing in USTC, I hope I can do some help though my English is poor.
My email address is [email protected]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamos1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift diamos1 Ad-Free
20th April 2011, 01:19 PM |#453  
Thanks Meter: 172

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamos1

大家好。
Hi I'm a Chinese college student studing in USTC, I hope I can do some help though my English is poor.
My email address is [email protected]

Hello

We were trying to find 'schematics' for Samsung SHW-M130K.

The problem is we don't know how to translate 'schematics' to Korean or Chinese languages...

Any help will be appreciated.
20th April 2011, 02:03 PM |#454  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
schematics can be translated as "电路图" in Chinese.
You can give some articles in chinese, and I will try to translate it in to english.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to diamos1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift diamos1 Ad-Free
20th April 2011, 02:37 PM |#455  
Thanks Meter: 172

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamos1

schematics can be translated as "电路图" in Chinese.
You can give some articles in chinese, and I will try to translate it in to english.

That's a very accurate translation, thanks...
However, I don't know if it'll help us find the schematics for that mobile phone.

I suggest anyone digging for these documents to select China region in Google's advanced search when using chinese terms.
20th April 2011, 03:18 PM |#456  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Gdańsk
Thanks Meter: 3,469

Donate to Me
More
Bah, filesystem on NAND memory is TFS4, patented by Samsung, but looks very similiar to the FAT and probably has got implementation in Samsung's Froyo & GB releases. http://www.samsung.com/global/busine...cess_rev10.pdf

More firmware releases (seems to be bigger than usual, maybe because of no compression, anyway I don't have S8500 and ain't personally interested so I don't download it) http://www.kashan-gsm.com/download/F...samsung/S8500/
And for me it's very precious: fresh S8530 full firmware with bootloader symbols http://www.kashan-gsm.com/download/F...samsung/S8530/

probably the last 2 links I posted in wrong thread, no idea where to put it in this whole mess xP

And maybe someone can find leaked Nucleus RTOS sources if any exists? Wondering how does kernel works there.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rebellos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2011, 03:45 PM |#457  
Flag Straffan
Thanks Meter: 183

More
I actually have a copy of Nucleus source code right here, would it be of any help?
20th April 2011, 03:49 PM |#458  
Flag Gdańsk

Donate to Me
More
Well, i don't know, i'm just curious how does kernel initialization looks there, cuz Bada is based on Nucleus and endpoint of samsung bootloader is procedure "launchNucleus".
I would be glad if you upload it or gimme a link on PM.
20th April 2011, 03:49 PM |#459  
Flag Launceston
Thanks Meter: 258

Donate to Me
More
actually.. i'm not sure what help nucleus source code would be... unless part of it is used for the waves bootloader, or if it could help extract a modem driver from Bada?
20th April 2011, 03:55 PM |#460  
Flag Gdańsk

Donate to Me
More
I don't think it would help any of those, because Nucleus is "naked" system in fact, Samsung had to write almost all drivers to transform Nucleus to Bada. But still, as said before, I'm curious, of course curiousity is first step to hell, so maybe for now I'll pass and continue experiments with FOTA. ;P
20th April 2011, 04:14 PM |#461  
Thanks Meter: 51

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabianadmin

I actually have a copy of Nucleus source code right here, would it be of any help?

That could be an old source before it was taken over by mentor circa 2003/4... Dokugagogoji mentioned that to me... unless you can tell us what was the year of it?
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
wave s8500 android
Previous Thread Next Thread