Dell Axim WM6.x x50v, x51v, x50, x51 SDHC and other cards Support

Search This thread

ultraprimeomega

Oct 31, 2006
Texas
Update: this thread might still be usable, so post here any info for other Axim roms x50v, x51v, x50, x51
just post the device and rom version first then the SD/SDHC/CF/CF II/SDIO card info and SDXC.....i wish..lol

For people that need a background of what are SDHC cards and Other SD cards Go here http://www.sdcard.org but by now everyone should know what they are, thats how old this thread is, but now the question is what is a SDXC card

OLD thread
Dell Axim x50v WM6 Rom (MagLite Edition) SDHC Support And other non sd cards and sd or CF card adapters to other cards

Also you can post about SDIO cards

Post what cards have you tried.

Card size (2gb,4gb,etc)

Card type (SDHC,Mini SDHC)

Speed Class (2,4,6)

Brand (if any)

Last edited:

jerryfreak

Aug 2, 2007
i have yet to find any card that doesnt work in this device

sdhc:
8 gb ocz class 6
8 gb patriot class 6
4 gb sandisk class 2

non-sdhc:
4 gb ocz 150x
4 gb transcend 150x
2 gb kingston
1 gb toshiba

fbifbi

Sep 24, 2007
Sorry for my lame question?
I thought SDHC compatibility is a hardware related isuue, but from what I see here, does it mean that new SHDC cards will work with X50V WM06?

cmagdanz

Aug 18, 2007
Transcend 4GB SDHC Class 6 appears to work in my x50v w/ Maglite's WM6 A02 RTM 0-PP. After a fresh format in a PC card reader, it shows size as only 165.5M on Total Comander's (Beta 3) Properties/General tab, but 3827.0M free on Properties/DiskSpace tab. Start/Settings/System/Memory/StoragCard shows 3827.01MB Total Storage, so I should be in good shape. After I load apps, I'll load it with large files to make sure.

Chas

p.s.: full capacity is usable.

Last edited:

ultraprimeomega

Oct 31, 2006
Texas
Sorry for my lame question?
I thought SDHC compatibility is a hardware related isuue, but from what I see here, does it mean that new SHDC cards will work with X50V WM06?

Sorry for my late response but as far as i know SDHC cards work on the x50v but i do not know how MagLite got them to work but i have heard that new wm6 rom ver.s have the SDHC drivers. I also have seen the palm treo 650 (someone correct me if wrong) using the treo 700 driver update for SDHC cards.

i think that the support for these cards is software not hardware because the cards are the same nothing has changed but if it was a hardware problem then the cards should not even fit in regular sd slots. its like when mms card devises could not use sd cards but then and now we have devises that use both sd and mmc. both are the same(has differences but mostly the same) but now its just SD and SDHC

We just need to port drivers to other devises

khuchlukthenan

Jun 9, 2007
Jakarta
8Gb SDHC Class 2 Transcend

This card recognized by Treo650 which updated SDHC driver taken from Treo680. But only CardExport can recognized as 8Gb card. Internal explorer and others only read it as 4Gb card but they can use all 8Gb capacity.

edcom

Jan 24, 2006
CF Transcend 4GB & SDHC Transcend 8GB Class6

My test :
- CF Transcend 4GB 266x (SLC Chip) --> works flawlessly
- SDHC Transcend 8GB Class 6 ---> also works fine.
- SD Transcend 150x 4GB also works fine.

hkchiu

Nov 6, 2007
Dell Axim x50v WM6 Rom (MagLite Edition) SDHC Support And other non sd cards and sd or CF card adapters to other cards

4GB SD A-Data MyFlash 150x Turbo
8GB SDHC Class 6 A-Data Turbo
16GB SDHC Class 6 A-Data Turbo

16GB CF Transcend 133x
8GB CF Seagate Microdrive

All tested working with FAT32 in Maglite A03 Beta 1.

privard

Oct 5, 2007
Greenhouse 16 GB SDHC, class 6 -- NO PROBLEMS

Works just fine in X50V running WM6 Maglite A02 RTM ROM with 0 MB page pool.

Couldn't find anything that said more than 8GB would work in X50V, but I got this for my camcorder, filled it with 12 GB of stuff just to test capacity, and stuck it in the Ax. I've been accessing some dictionary files on it dozens of times a day and frequently saving text and audio memos and screenshots for the last few weeks--not a hint of a problem.

A02 with O MB page pool, by the way, seems to be the sweet spot so far. Fast and super stable, and so far the only thing wrong is the width of the window for the Mic control panel (who cares?). Wireless doesn't work well in the A03 beta, and in any of these ROMS anything other than 0MB page pool seems to lead to frequent frustrating slowdowns.

Oh, yeah--no problems with

Regular SD
Team Group 150X 2 GB
Photo Fast 150X 2 GB and 4 GB
Adata 150X 2 GB and 4 GB

CF
Transcend 16 GB and 32 GB 133X and 333X
Fujitek 8 GB and 16 GB 130X, 16 GB and 32 GB 266X (though one of the 8 GB cards died on its own)

Last edited:

xandin

Sep 11, 2010
I have a Axim x51v and I tested with:

SD cards

- A-Data SDHC card 4GB class 6 - works fine!
- A-Data micro-SDHC (with adapter) 8GB class 6 - works fine!

[ ]'s

ultraprimeomega

Oct 31, 2006
Texas
I am currently running a 32 Gb SDHC card, and a 32Gb CF card, both manufactured by Kingston, on my Axim X51v, currently running LennySH's A07 Beta 3 ROM of WindowsMobile 6.1. Does anyone know if the X51v will run the 48Gb and 64Gb SDXC cards?

Sorry for late response i dont get updates from this thread anymore

As far as going past 32gb it might work but probably with write issues

Have there been updates to the sd driver, i have not updated my device since beta 1 and have not kept up with updates

IT WORKS!!!!! 64 GB SDXC on Axim X51v running WM6.1

I just purchased a 64GB SDXC Card off Amazon.com, manufactured by Transcend, and fitted it into an SDHC CF adapter, and It WORKS! True, it comes formatted using the exFAT file system, and you need to insert it into a USB adapter, connect it to your computer, then use the "HP USB Disk Formatting Tool" to reformat it to FAT32, but after that little exercise, it works Perfectly. My device is, as always, a Dell Axim X51v, running WM6.1 LennySH's A07 Beta 3 version. My guess as to why this is, is that an SDXC card is basically just an SDHC card formatted with the exFAT file system. If you reformat it to FAT32, it will work on all manner of devices with no issues.

Reactions: ultraprimeomega

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    128Gb Lexar SDXC Card, WORKS!

I am currently running a 128Gb SDXC Card, made by Lexar, on my Dell Axim X51v. It has 133x speed, and is loaded into a high speed CF Adapter. Combined with my 64Gb SDXC Card in the SD slot, I have a total of 192Gb of storage space on my device. I will soon be purchasing another one, giving me a total storage capacity of 256Gb. I purchased it from Comet Supply, for $193.13 Here is a link: http://www.cometsupply.com/mp/LEXAR MEDIA/pm/LXRLSD128CRBNA133/
    IT WORKS!!!!! 64 GB SDXC on Axim X51v running WM6.1

I just purchased a 64GB SDXC Card off Amazon.com, manufactured by Transcend, and fitted it into an SDHC CF adapter, and It WORKS! True, it comes formatted using the exFAT file system, and you need to insert it into a USB adapter, connect it to your computer, then use the "HP USB Disk Formatting Tool" to reformat it to FAT32, but after that little exercise, it works Perfectly. My device is, as always, a Dell Axim X51v, running WM6.1 LennySH's A07 Beta 3 version. My guess as to why this is, is that an SDXC card is basically just an SDHC card formatted with the exFAT file system. If you reformat it to FAT32, it will work on all manner of devices with no issues.