[ROOT, CWM] JXD S18-03-xxxx RK2926 mini pad [Guide]

Search This thread

NiTrOwow

Jul 20, 2010
In this guide i will show you how to root a JXD S18 03-xxxx device.

This method was tested on the following device:
Kernel: 3.0.36+ Feb 2
Soc: Rk2926
Model: S18-03-201304-4GB-00727

Root:

0. Download files.zip(from here) extract it and open it in explorer.
1. Connect your device to your computer (micro-usb)
2. Unmount all storage devices (TF/SD card, onboard TF/SD, etc..)
3. Enable USB Debugging (Under settings > Options for developers > Enable USB Debugging)
4. Open ''AdbDriverInstaller.exe'' and install the universal ADB driver
5. Automated process for rooting the device ''ROOT ME.bat'' Press any key and just wait and let the tablet reboot.
6. Manual root:
Code:
adb shell
mount -o remount,rw -t rfs /dev/block/st19 /system
exit
adb push busybox /system/bin
adb push su /system/bin
adb shell
chmod 4755 /system/bin/busybox
chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
mount -o remount,ro -t rfs /dev/block/st19 /system
exit
adb reboot
And now you have root.
attachment.php

Make sure to update su(super user) after rooting. Because it is outdated.
You can either use adb push for this or you can use the Google Play store to download the latest bin.

CWM-recovery
Download: http://files.androtab.info/rockchip/rk2928/20130425/S18-03_CWM.zip

From adb root shell
1. extract flash_image and recovery.img from CWM.zip
2. put flash_image and recovery.img into device, e.g.
adb push flash_image /dev/
adb push recovery.img /dev/
3. enter root shell (adb shell)
4. flash recovery.img into recovery partition with flash_image, e.g.
chmod 755 /dev/flash_image
/dev/flash_image recovery /dev/recovery.img

Read this when you have any issues
CWM installation problems, please try another method if this doesn't work for you.
Link: http://androtab.info/clockworkmod/rockchip/install/

If you have any issues while rooting please try:
adb kill-server
adb devices

And see if the devices is listed after killing the server.

If it is not than u may have another soc (older version does have other rockchip and the adb driver wont work properly).
This guide is for the latest version as if 1st May 2013: S18-03-XXXX (4.9.2013)

If you still have no output from adb devices you can try one more thing!
By editing android_winusb.inf in C:\Windows\System23\Drivestore\Filerepository\android_winusb.inf_amd64_neutral_<random_chars>
You will see two of those folders.

Open it with a text editor like notepad++ or notepad make sure you have nt authority rights

android_winusb.inf:
Code:
;------------------------------------NTx86------------------------------------
[Google.NTx86];
For loopback testing
And add this after the first space of declaring hardware ids;
Code:
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_2207&PID_0010
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_2207&PID_0010&MI_01

Tested and working on the following devices:

Audiosonic T-17B 7" tablet (Kmart webshop version) ✓
S18-03-XXXX (4.9.2013) ✓
S18-03-201302 (4gb-00905) ✓

S18-02-XXXX (x.x.2012) ?

Credits: me, icood70pro, fun_ for modding CWM for rockchip, all credit goes to original CWM author koush and all its contributors.

Attachments

• files.tar
    9.7 MB · Views: 1,003
  • S18-03_CWM.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 844
  • 4wgdsdsh.jpg
    4wgdsdsh.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 8,721
Last edited:

macrat

Jun 19, 2010
How about S18-02-xxxx ?

I got myself a S18-02-xxxx, The ADB drivers behave oddly for this gadget. The driver installs, but SuperOneClick can't locate the device.

It does have SuperUser installed, but only the .apk file, not the permissions required to run it.

Think you can setup something?

NiTrOwow

Jul 20, 2010
It does have SuperUser installed, but only the .apk file, not the permissions required to run it.

Can you get access to adb shell and what os are you running? Modified adb doesn't seem to work properly on windows 8 you need to change this in order to make it work for windows 8 i think (at least you can try).
Start -> Run -> Type: "gpedit.msc" (Without quotes) -> Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Application Compatibility -> Turn off Application Compatibility Engine <- Disable this

It might be the S18-02-xxxx. Model 02 has another soc i think, can you download a app in the play store for me? Type in: "Cpu info", download and install -> "CPU / RAM / DEVICE Identifier". And tell me what soc you have in it. Because the older versions may have a a9 amlogic 8726-m3l soc in it.

Please try that and verify if that worked for you or if you get adb shell access. Thanks,
and sorry for the late reply.

Last edited:

switchblade88

Apr 29, 2011
Just wanted to confirm I have successfully rooted my Audiosonic T-17B &" tablet (AUS KMart version) using your guide!

Although I'll note that the BAT file didn't succeed for some reason. Manually following the commands worked fine though, but I didn't bother with CWM as yet.

EDIT: Figured it out. It's the 'exit' commands you've stuck in there, it terminates the whole batch command instead of just restarting ADB. Can you edit that and re-upload the zipfile?

Last edited:
Reactions: NiTrOwow

NiTrOwow

Jul 20, 2010
Just wanted to confirm I have successfully rooted my Audiosonic T-17B &" tablet (AUS KMart version) using your guide!

Although I'll note that the BAT file didn't succeed for some reason. Manually following the commands worked fine though, but I didn't bother with CWM as yet.

EDIT: Figured it out. It's the 'exit' commands you've stuck in there, it terminates the whole batch command instead of just restarting ADB. Can you edit that and re-upload the zipfile?

Yes i can and sorry for that mistake. Thanks for confirming that it did work for you on another device with the same soc.

Last edited:

NiTrOwow

Jul 20, 2010
I not success download the zip file because ask me for a password. It's possible obtain this password please?

Seems like a bug.. in the forum software handling the bbcode.. :eek:

Just remove the <br /> at the end of the url and it works.
5449.png

And my content does not even include <br /> == space/enter ...

4XwS5.png

FYI. PROBLEM IS SENT TO FORUM ADMIN.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stef20

NiTrOwow

Jul 20, 2010
Alright then, only thing that i miss on this tab is a uhm extra ogt support and a good data sheet of the soc. Else would have made a small shell/nas/webserver from out of it.. But modding requires me a data sheet or else i have to reserve engineer the soc and then try to mod it with luck(?)

Thanks. This problem is now fixed. it will not ask for a password now.

Mike
Thanks Mike that was fast :')

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Stef20

Oct 7, 2013
Montréal
libre-city.tk
Alright then, only thing that i miss on this tab is a uhm extra ogt support and a good data sheet of the soc. Else would have made a small shell/nas/webserver from out of it.. But modding requires me a data sheet or else i have to reserve engineer the soc and then try to mod it with luck(?)
If I receive a S03 and I hope is this, I will try your tutorial, if is a S02 I will try other thing because I suppose is not the same CPU and this risk not work?

About the OTG, I have read a guy success use it on the S18 with a external power on the OTG. He say it's a power problem only. Just I lost the link where is this message.

I hope my english is OK because is not my language.

NiTrOwow

Jul 20, 2010
If I receive a S03 and I hope is this, I will try your tutorial, if is a S02 I will try other thing because I suppose is not the same CPU and this risk not work?

About the OTG, I have read a guy success use it on the S18 with a external power on the OTG. He say it's a power problem only. Just I lost the link where is this message.

No i understand you if you get your S03 or 02 you will have to open it up and have a look at it yourself i made some close up images of the board.
They can be found right here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2253706

So you can look at your device and mine from the inside and look what is diffrent :)
:good:

Stef20

Oct 7, 2013
Montréal
libre-city.tk
Reactions: NiTrOwow

NiTrOwow

Jul 20, 2010
It's fun view the inside without open it :) I view have a little more space for a bigger battery :)

Forgot to say that this battery for the S18-03 has a pcb on the battery (fail safe, anti-overvolt). It did surprise me because most cheap china products don't have that and it is a risk if you want to use it a lot because it may someday explode if you don't have this haha .. Battery looks like a BL-5B/BLC-2 from nokia without the plastic housing.

Last edited:

Stef20

Oct 7, 2013
Montréal
libre-city.tk
Finaly I received my S18 today and it's a S03, just a big trouble... after only few hours of use, the power button refuse work now... It's a cra* product I received...

Last edited:

NiTrOwow

Jul 20, 2010
I'm a little sad not success try your tutorial because my S18 are dead before... Now I not able start my tablet... I will return it!

I purchase a Asus Me172v and success root it :). I used this tutorial http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=42047570 , just I'm not able write in this section because I suppose I'm new or I need have more messages.

Oke that sucks to have a DOA.
I hope they will resort this, and that you will be able to try my guide.

Good luck man.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In this guide i will show you how to root a JXD S18 03-xxxx device.

This method was tested on the following device:
    Kernel: 3.0.36+ Feb 2
    Soc: Rk2926
    Model: S18-03-201304-4GB-00727

Root:

0. Download files.zip(from here) extract it and open it in explorer.
    1. Connect your device to your computer (micro-usb)
    2. Unmount all storage devices (TF/SD card, onboard TF/SD, etc..)
    3. Enable USB Debugging (Under settings > Options for developers > Enable USB Debugging)
    4. Open ''AdbDriverInstaller.exe'' and install the universal ADB driver
    5. Automated process for rooting the device ''ROOT ME.bat'' Press any key and just wait and let the tablet reboot.
    6. Manual root:
    Code:
    adb shell
    mount -o remount,rw -t rfs /dev/block/st19 /system
    exit
    adb push busybox /system/bin
    adb push su /system/bin
    adb shell
    chmod 4755 /system/bin/busybox
    chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
    mount -o remount,ro -t rfs /dev/block/st19 /system
    exit
    adb reboot
    And now you have root.
    attachment.php

Make sure to update su(super user) after rooting. Because it is outdated.
    You can either use adb push for this or you can use the Google Play store to download the latest bin.

CWM-recovery
    Download: http://files.androtab.info/rockchip/rk2928/20130425/S18-03_CWM.zip

From adb root shell
    1. extract flash_image and recovery.img from CWM.zip
    2. put flash_image and recovery.img into device, e.g.
    adb push flash_image /dev/
    adb push recovery.img /dev/
    3. enter root shell (adb shell)
    4. flash recovery.img into recovery partition with flash_image, e.g.
    chmod 755 /dev/flash_image
    /dev/flash_image recovery /dev/recovery.img

Read this when you have any issues
    CWM installation problems, please try another method if this doesn't work for you.
    Link: http://androtab.info/clockworkmod/rockchip/install/

If you have any issues while rooting please try:
    adb kill-server
    adb devices

And see if the devices is listed after killing the server.

If it is not than u may have another soc (older version does have other rockchip and the adb driver wont work properly).
    This guide is for the latest version as if 1st May 2013: S18-03-XXXX (4.9.2013)

If you still have no output from adb devices you can try one more thing!
    By editing android_winusb.inf in C:\Windows\System23\Drivestore\Filerepository\android_winusb.inf_amd64_neutral_<random_chars>
    You will see two of those folders.

Open it with a text editor like notepad++ or notepad make sure you have nt authority rights

android_winusb.inf:
    Code:
    ;------------------------------------NTx86------------------------------------
    [Google.NTx86];
    For loopback testing
    And add this after the first space of declaring hardware ids;
    Code:

Tested and working on the following devices:

Audiosonic T-17B 7" tablet (Kmart webshop version) ✓
    S18-03-XXXX (4.9.2013) ✓
    S18-03-201302 (4gb-00905) ✓

S18-02-XXXX (x.x.2012) ?

Credits: me, icood70pro, fun_ for modding CWM for rockchip, all credit goes to original CWM author koush and all its contributors.

Thanks. This problem is now fixed. it will not ask for a password now.

Mike

I not success download the zip file because ask me for a password. It's possible obtain this password please?

5449.png

And my content does not even include <br /> == space/enter ...

4XwS5.png

No i understand you if you get your S03 or 02 you will have to open it up and have a look at it yourself i made some close up images of the board.
    They can be found right here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2253706

So you can look at your device and mine from the inside and look what is diffrent :)
    :good: