section mismatch in android 2.3 v20s kernel

Search This thread

rajeshmk2012

Dec 22, 2012
I am trying to compile android 2.3 v20s kernel and it is giving me 18 mismatch section ...I sorted out first three.....but I am not expecting the other 15.....has any one faced this.......I have use arm-eabi -4.4.3 and 4.4.0 and also 4.6 ...but no change.....

I know there are dev's who has successfully compiled it.....can any one tell me whether they saw so many mismatches ....because it is original source from lg......

I did not face these many mismatch or i think there were none during 4.0.4 compile.....

I know they can be fixed by putting of adding/removing __init etc but i am not expecting them

I have attached the build log ...

Attachments

• mylogfile.txt
    102.5 KB · Views: 3

Duarte777

Nov 2, 2011
Braga
You can´t complete the compile ? Check if its complete, because if you are getting something like:
Code:
"WARNING: modpost: Found X section mismatch(es)."

Thats just a adice/warning and the compelition should be fine.

rajeshmk2012

Dec 22, 2012
You can´t complete the compile ? Check if its complete, because if you are getting something like:
Code:

They are just warnings....The build is complete
...But i think section mismatches are bad...and these are too many....

Sent from my LG-P970 using xda app-developers app

rajeshmk2012

Dec 22, 2012
Code:

Also the lines where mismatch is coming ...the code is same in 4.0.4 but they don't give warnings ...I used 4.6 for 2.3 also but same ....

Are there any compiler flags to be set in makefile which can take care of these.....

Sent from my LG-P970 using xda app-developers app

rajeshmk2012

Dec 22, 2012
I downloaded arm-linux-androideabi-4.6 from https://android.googlesource.com/platform/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/
and then only got one warning which I fixed and no warnings now.....

but if i use arm-eabi-4.6 https://android.googlesource.com/platform/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-eabi-4.6/
or any arm-eabi- version then i get 14 mismatch ,,,,,,

AFAIK arm-eabi- is used to build kernels and androideabi is used to build android layer.......but the later also builds kernel and i don't get any warnings now.......

Also found one reference where arm-linux-androideab- is used to build nexus S kernel.....
http://glandium.org/blog/?p=2214

So is it safe to use kernel built by arm-linux-androideab-

rajeshmk2012

Dec 22, 2012
I see there is no response .But that is OK,as I have fixed all the section mismatches .The issue was in LG's code..and now compiled with arm-eabi-4.6 with zero section mismatch errors....I will try the kernel after applying rmcc patch ..maybe this weekend.

Reactions: t3l3m4k0

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I see there is no response .But that is OK,as I have fixed all the section mismatches .The issue was in LG's code..and now compiled with arm-eabi-4.6 with zero section mismatch errors....I will try the kernel after applying rmcc patch ..maybe this weekend.