Buil.prop fix for Random Reboots on ICS

Search This thread

lunadomain

Jul 9, 2007
First reboot in more than a week

Yesterday I was using Netflix and got a reboot. Just like it was mentioned, it probably has to do with the video drivers.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I read all the posts about the random reboots, and seemed to me it happens when the TF goes on deep-sleep mode. So I added these 2 lines to my build.prop and have not gotten anymore reboots:

ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=1
    pm.sleep_mode=2

If someone can try it, and post your results to verify, it could help others that are having this issue.
    Good catch; I edited the first post.

Added end rebooted. Experienced only a few reboots in the past 5 days. Wiped data from stock HC Revolver and flashed ICS last week.

Will report. The first command line sounds promising already. :) I don't know zilch about coding so excuse me from being nub, but shouldn't that 0 be changed in 1 because the disable function should be 'enabled' (assuming 0= enable and 1= enabled)? Sounds more logical to me.

Good catch, guess I made a mistake when I typed the post. Yes, it should be 1 to disable the Power Collapse.
    48 hours and no reboot

Thanks Luna d :) did you see where someone said gnufabio had tweeted it was a problem with the old nvidia drivers? Wondering if you came up with this independent of gnufabio's discovery..

No, I just thought that since some of the reports were mentioning the Deep-Sleep state, then disabling this could solve the problem. So I decided to root and modify the build.prop by adding those two lines. I haven't had a single reboot in more than 48 hours now. Before the modification I would get a reboot every 8-12 hours.
    Battery Life Effect: Negible

What is the effect of that mod on battery life?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

I didn't see much of a change in battery life. Try the mod and see how it goes for you.