Bounty for S4 Active Bootloader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

echonc

Sep 16, 2010
I completely agree. We should all give thanks! He is very talented and wish he could see that not everyone on Xda are hatters.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using xda app-developers app

besweeet

Dec 24, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Just curious, but when you see the unlocked padlock and "Custom" on the boot screen, that doesn't mean anything, does it? My Active is rooted, and that's it. Only saw it once a little while ago, and further reboots aren't showing anything.

thatbigmoose

Jan 11, 2012
Has anyone tried this on the i537? This doesn't seem device specific. Maybe the bootloader tokens are different ... It will probably fail

No Samsung device has access to fastboot.. Except the nexus line. It's very device specific.

Now if we could somehow forcefully flash the GE bootloaders say with heimdall or something then that's a different story

joshuadjohnson22

Oct 27, 2011
Atlanta
No Samsung device has access to fastboot.. Except the nexus line. It's very device specific.

Now if we could somehow forcefully flash the GE bootloaders say with heimdall or something then that's a different story

That is what I thought, but when I read it I was shocked. I'm not sure how samsung can unlock it but I was thinking it was worth a shot.

Sounded HTC like to me

besweeet

Dec 24, 2009
San Antonio, TX
I posted this yesterday, and nobody replied, so I'll try again (already did some research with no real answer): Just curious, but when you see the unlocked padlock and "Custom" on the boot screen, that doesn't mean anything, does it? My Active is rooted, and that's it. Only saw it once a little while ago, and further reboots aren't showing anything.

joshuadjohnson22

Oct 27, 2011
Atlanta
I posted this yesterday, and nobody replied, so I'll try again (already did some research with no real answer): Just curious, but when you see the unlocked padlock and "Custom" on the boot screen, that doesn't mean anything, does it? My Active is rooted, and that's it. Only saw it once a little while ago, and further reboots aren't showing anything.

It happens when you root sometimes. Sometimes busybox will activate it. If you install supersu and update the binaries it may fix it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Same song different tune. Bounty for the Galaxy S4 Active i537 bootloader unlock method

Bootloader unlock must be repeatable by the average user it also must be stable
    It can also be a work around to allow custom recoveries, roms, and kernels to be flashed be the basic user:

Pledges:
    _MetalHead_ $50
    yankeesfan714 $25
    Marvelicious75 $15
    msn.debord $20 (user backed out)
    sc0tty8 $10
    daugh016 $20
    Rattles $15
    stephensonbrady $10
    kirkgrier $25
    paleh0rse $10
    amerikian $10
    taaeng $10
    skeppley $20
    bubba9004 $10
    Zmetta $50
    daledenton $100
    Deliximus $20
    dave5777 $25
    darktony85 $40.08(user backed out)
    yoondroid $50(user backed out)
    JEZZEJAMEZ $20
    texassax $20
    freddiemercury1 $20
    mnasledov $100
    my-blue-snog-box $10
    Avail211 $50
    greg2725d $20
    huggstown $100
    V1C7OR $20
    googlegot $100 (user backed out)
    EvilTelephone $10
    nlsoldier $20
    C/SmokD $50
    hackstermind $50
    muqali$50
    tabish121 $40
    DeathIYIetal $150

Total: $1155

(if you made a pledge but changed your mind or if I missed your pledge please PM me)

I was asked what the process would be once a exploit is found. Once it is found we will wait for the dev to specify how he wants the money sent. Usually it is just a donation to their paypal account. On rare occasions the dev will just say they want money donated to charity but that is rare and the dev should get paid for their hard work. I will follow up to make sure everyone pays.
    Who ever does a clean bootloader unlock will get a crisp $100 bill from me.

Mark it, dude.
    I'm a new user who can't post in development yet, but I wanted to let everyone know this procedure worked for loading a custom ROM (NOT flashing / bootloader crask) and all hardware working AFAIK) for my S4 Active i537 with the MF3 Kernel using Safestrap:

Procedure for my Samsung S4 Active i537 MF3 - I537UCUAMF3 - US, AT&T:
    While most are concerned with the locked bootloader I am concerned about an Odin oneclick MF2 or MF3. I have been politely talking to people that can help us. I finally got an answer about some new Active stock roms. Names are blurred so as to not have people send hate mail ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537
    no he has been off the grid, my guess is he is waiting to hear back from the flash gordon guy. I am pretty sure it means nothing to us yet. Once we have a work around or bootloader unlock it will be helpful

p.s. you spelled my name wrong so I wasn't notified ;)

Open source kernel really means nothing to us.

It could be useful to find a root vuln but we already have one of those. Or a way to hijack the boot sequence really early and boot into CWM as if you were booting into system. A lot of DROID devices have a workaround like this and this is probably what will happen with the S4 and by extension us.