[RUU][Firmware]Sprint HTC One | 6.23.651.10 | *Updated 10.30.15*

Search This thread

OMJ

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Jun 11, 2007
MN
twitter.com
hey brother, sorry to call you or specifically but your the MAN at this stuff. I picked up an M7 for one of my kiddos and am not able to flash firmware from fastboot. Error 12 I think it is. Failed signature check. I'm trying to update it from Android 4.4.2 to current.

I was able to unlock it and install twrp and install superuser but having trouble updating firmware.

Before I unlocked it I tried 3 different RUU (different Android versions) and updating firmware but to no avail. I should be able to flash the current rom via twrp but without the firmware on not sure it'll even boot.

Any advice or alternative methods to get firmware updated.

Thank you for all your work.

I assume you are s-on... If so, you can only flash signed firmware, or a RUU equal to current Software version or newer, but I believe you'll need to lock bootloader first.

Reactions: knightwolf123

rsktkr1

Nov 10, 2009
DENVER
OMJ: Let me ask you a question since you are the expert - I flashed the beanstalk nougat rom that is listed in the android development section and now I have no voice service on any rom (I have data). I even flashed this ruu still with no luck. Any ideas what may have happened to my M7?

knightwolf123

Inactive Recognized Themer
Feb 16, 2011
/home/front-porch
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I'll cross my fingers. Last night I tried the one I downloaded from this post and to no avail.. I key downloaded the one directly from the web page so we'll see if I have any success with that. I'll be sure to relock before hand though

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk 4

desertfox185

Nov 29, 2016
Can't relock my HTC 1 M7

I am trying to take my sprint HTC 1 M7 back to stock for my daughter to use as her phone and while in bootloader I am getting unable to relock it due to my computer not be able to recognise my phone. I can't seem to figure out what driver I need to download to correct this so I can lock it and reflash the origional RUU and take it back to stock please Help I am depserate to get this fixed and my daughter is being very patient with me.

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
I am trying to take my sprint HTC 1 M7 back to stock for my daughter to use as her phone and while in bootloader I am getting unable to relock it due to my computer not be able to recognise my phone. I can't seem to figure out what driver I need to download to correct this so I can lock it and reflash the origional RUU and take it back to stock please Help I am depserate to get this fixed and my daughter is being very patient with me.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23203820527944153
These will work. :)

Reactions: coal686

desertfox185

Nov 29, 2016
still getting waiting for device after new drivers

I am still getting the same notification from command prompt saying waiting for device even after I updated the drivers you gave me. Any other suggestions. I am using a 64 bit windows 10. While in boot loader under fastboot usb my computer is giving me an error This device cannot start. (code 10) A device which does not exist was specified. It says my driver is 2.0.7.14 from 11/6/2012. In any other mode my computer recognizes my phone fine with no problems but when its in bootloader I can't get it to work.

solorider78

Jan 11, 2017
thanks for this tutorial i used this this rom Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_5.03.651.3_RUU.zip for my htc one m7 and solved my problem.
My M7 is alive now ,, upgraded to the latest version 6.23.651.10 thru OTA, but the problem i encountered after using this rom is the camera of my phone become blurred.. can any one help me to find a solution.. thanks in advance

spursdude

Dec 13, 2012
Hi all,
It's been a long time since I used this phone but I decided to try to format it to go back to stock and sell it.
It was on one of the older BadBoyz ROMs, S-OFF. I downloaded the RUU from the OP but it wouldn't go, so I thought I would try to flash the latest full firmware, but I am still getting:

ERROR [158]: IMAGE ERROR
This ROM Update Utility cannot update your Android phone.
Please get the correct ROM Utility and try again.

As of right now it is:
Tampered
Unlocked
S-OFF
HBOOT 1.61.0000
Radio 1.02.20.0922
OS 6.23.651.10

I can get into bootloader and Fastboot but otherwise it's not booting up, just gives a blank black screen.
Any suggestions for how I can RUU to get it back to stock? I thought it should work with the updated firmware/HBOOT and the right RUU.
Thanks. I got a lot of good miles out of HTC phones and Bad Boyz ROMs in the past.

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

Well, for some reason I was able to RUU to 6.16.651.2, but even now it won't let me RUU to 6.23.651.10, still giving me the same error as above. Any ideas?

Last edited:

coal686

Senior Moderator / Developer Rel. / Mod Liaison
Staff member
Apr 13, 2012
Tampa-ish, FL
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi all,
It's been a long time since I used this phone but I decided to try to format it to go back to stock and sell it.
It was on one of the older BadBoyz ROMs, S-OFF. I downloaded the RUU from the OP but it wouldn't go, so I thought I would try to flash the latest full firmware, but I am still getting:

ERROR [158]: IMAGE ERROR
This ROM Update Utility cannot update your Android phone.
Please get the correct ROM Utility and try again.

As of right now it is:
Tampered
Unlocked
S-OFF
HBOOT 1.61.0000
Radio 1.02.20.0922
OS 6.23.651.10

I can get into bootloader and Fastboot but otherwise it's not booting up, just gives a blank black screen.
Any suggestions for how I can RUU to get it back to stock? I thought it should work with the updated firmware/HBOOT and the right RUU.
Thanks. I got a lot of good miles out of HTC phones and Bad Boyz ROMs in the past.

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

Well, for some reason I was able to RUU to 6.16.651.2, but even now it won't let me RUU to 6.23.651.10, still giving me the same error as above. Any ideas?

I just ran the RUU following my guide and it worked fine. I believe it was the 6.16.651.7 version. I haven't tried the .10 version yet. After doing so, I then took the OTAs from Sprint to get to the .10 version of the ROM. It didn't mess with being s-off, so it's safe.

Reactions: spursdude

Bonanzala

Jun 12, 2017
My HTC one m7 sprint PN 0720000 crashed

Hello to everybody. If someone would be willing to help me: I had made an update of the app SuperSu from PlayStore; normally I had to restart it on recovery to finish the update, but the telephone switched off because of low battery. In the following daytime I loaded it and switched on, but it shows only the htc icon of the beginning and rest just there. I tried to make a factory reset by recovery, the problem persists. It is there that i had the idea to upgrad a new ROM. I download the ROM zip explained below, do the flash with the fastboot commands; the flash moves forward on the laptop to the end, but was crashed on the telephone a few centimeters away from the end of the green bar(perrhaps 96%). When i enter the TWRP, the telephone does not show any more the internal memory. I don't know what to do anymore. Help, please.

ericsimons18

Jan 18, 2014
Hello everyone - I want to flash the viperone 9.0 Rom and it says in its site that it requires an android 5.0.3 firmware to work properly - I have :

hboot - 1.61
wls s-off
unlocked bootloader
and I am on android 4.4.2

please I need a quick step by step guide line to go about this - Thanks in advance.

coal686

Senior Moderator / Developer Rel. / Mod Liaison
Staff member
Apr 13, 2012
Tampa-ish, FL
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hello everyone - I want to flash the viperone 9.0 Rom and it says in its site that it requires an android 5.0.3 firmware to work properly - I have :

hboot - 1.61
wls s-off
unlocked bootloader
and I am on android 4.4.2

please I need a quick step by step guide line to go about this - Thanks in advance.
Easiest way since you are s-off is to follow the guide I wrote. It will walk you through updating to the latest everything stock. Then, you fastboot flash a custom recovery and then use that to flash any ROM you want.

Reactions: ericsimons18

mahmud440

Mar 21, 2019
Need HTC One M7 correct firmware for my phone. please

Need HTC One M7 correct firmware for my phone.

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.61.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.02.20.0922
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 6.23.651.10
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno: HTxxxxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) imei: 35xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) meid: 99xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) product: m7_wls
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN072****
(bootloader) cidnum: 11111111
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4173mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-0e2a13e5
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.150s

Please help me. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
Need HTC One M7 correct firmware for my phone.

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.61.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.02.20.0922
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 6.23.651.10
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno: HTxxxxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) imei: 35xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) meid: 99xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) product: m7_wls
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064